New Morrissey interview on Greek website LiFO (July 4, 2012)

Re: Morrisseys' new interview in greek website 4.7.2012

http://www.lifo.gr/mag/features/3314

I am not good is Greek-English translations but one question and its answer is of great interest.

Q:Why do you dislike so much morrissey-solo.com ?

A: I don't like the fact that a site using my name is clearly about the Smiths and not for Morrissey.
This site highlights negativism or even more,it is looking for it, a thing that annoys most of people I know.
So,it has become a vechicle for Morrissey haters and no one I know visits this site anymore.The owner claims
that this is an open forum but since everyone posts under the name "Anonymous" how can this be considered open?
The owner of this site approached my former manager last year,saying that all the negative stories would be ended,
if I would pay him 3000 dollars per month.I think this talks by itself.

(This translation is not good because it was made from english to greek and from greek to english,but this is the basic story anyway.)

I believe that his answer explains a lot of stuff going on here...

1242749315_bullshit_amplifier-detector.gif

If you want David to just let a topic go, it's going to have to be about something other than him, I reckon.

If you want David to just let a topic go, it's going to have to be about something other than him, I reckon.

I'll defend myself with my side of the story if it isn't clear but yes, it does seem to get a bit repetitive when answers are constantly being questioned or twisted around.

I'll defend myself with my side of the story if it isn't clear but yes, it does seem to get a bit repetitive when answers are constantly being questioned or twisted around.

He's like David Caruso in 'Jade'...

This is for Davidt
I just want to say thank you for this site. I have been following this article for a little while and then went off line for a few days to come back to almost 600!! posts on it. I had to go back and read the entire article with threads to get refamiliar with what it was about and ended up with a headache. lol I thought you had stated clearly what had happened with the 'talk' with Merck. But that's me. No further questions popped into my head after you had answered what transpired between the two of you. Clearly something was lost in translation between Merck and Moz and you--ever play Telephone? I appreciate this site and while it can get bogged down with miscellaneous comments, I find it informative and useful. I just push thru the extra 'crap' that some post to get to the center of what i'm looking for--information on the gigs etc. Those posts are very enjoyable as I'm not able to attend concerts as I'd like. I love the pix that are posted and the videos that are shared--I can live vicariously thru them. I only use anonymous as I'm too lazy to use my log in name--can't remember the last time I acutally used it, in fact. So, it's not that I don't want to be known when I post a comment, i'm just too LAZY to log in. So sue me for being lazy. I like the good and the bad on this site--it reflects on how we really are as a society and how we interact with one another--both good and bad. So thank you David. I am very sorry that you had been booted from one of Moz's concerts--i found that upsetting, but had no further information to make a good judgement on whether it was warranted or not. Thank you again for this site, thank you for allowing anonymous posts (like mine), thank you for passing along any information you may find on Morrissey's career. Sincerely Melissa D, Phoenix

This is for Davidt
I just want to say thank you for this site. I have been following this article for a little while and then went off line for a few days to come back to almost 600!! posts on it. I had to go back and read the entire article with threads to get refamiliar with what it was about and ended up with a headache. lol I thought you had stated clearly what had happened with the 'talk' with Merck. But that's me. No further questions popped into my head after you had answered what transpired between the two of you. Clearly something was lost in translation between Merck and Moz and you--ever play Telephone? I appreciate this site and while it can get bogged down with miscellaneous comments, I find it informative and useful. I just push thru the extra 'crap' that some post to get to the center of what i'm looking for--information on the gigs etc. Those posts are very enjoyable as I'm not able to attend concerts as I'd like. I love the pix that are posted and the videos that are shared--I can live vicariously thru them. I only use anonymous as I'm too lazy to use my log in name--can't remember the last time I acutally used it, in fact. So, it's not that I don't want to be known when I post a comment, i'm just too LAZY to log in. So sue me for being lazy. I like the good and the bad on this site--it reflects on how we really are as a society and how we interact with one another--both good and bad. So thank you David. I am very sorry that you had been booted from one of Moz's concerts--i found that upsetting, but had no further information to make a good judgement on whether it was warranted or not. Thank you again for this site, thank you for allowing anonymous posts (like mine), thank you for passing along any information you may find on Morrissey's career. Sincerely Melissa D, Phoenix

You didn't lock this thread?

I agree with much of this. Only when i started to look closely i noticed that it is the same people allowed to run riot unchecked. I also noticed that "negative" threads weren't being merged and "positive" ones were and that the front pages were drawing out the negative aspects of positive stories and digging up negative ones. I know you'll ask for examples even when I have posted many and you have dissmissed them. You introduced anon posting in the forum directly against the wishes of those who knew about the constant trolling in the comments section thanks to anon posting.
Remember that dreadful April fools "joke" when you pretended to reach out to Morrissey and make the site more "positive"? Obviously someone was listening and didn't take kindly to being mocked. it wasn't very professional was it given your meeting? Thats when the real problems started the "f*** Morrissey-solo" stuff and the ban, its bit rich to act all hurt, can't you take it? It was a T-shirt not a ransom note and you ban people all the time.
You had another opportunity with this story. Morrissey could have dismissed the question all together, but instead he answered it. You could have responded publically it may have even been picked up by other media outlets. You could have said you loved his songs and you would love to work with him and please get in touch. You could have said it was all a misunderstanding. That the platform of the site is very open and although that brings good things it means it can be difficult to moderate effectively when you only have your spare time and some volunteers. You didn't do that, instead you claimed Morrissey or Merk was lying and the mods and knockers sneered on and said "typical" and " how sad". Turns out (after being very cagey about the details) that you admit there was a meeting where Merk suggested the possibility that you be in his employment and that you would be open to changes in relation to this site.

Finally you completely twisted Morrissey words to make out he was suggesting you were blackmailing him somehow. You twisted his words to bring out the negative, made effectively "would take payment" into "blackmail" somehow. This thread is all the proof needed of haters and negativity.

You could have said kind things this time round but you didn't want to. You didn't want to because you are angry with Morrissey and perhaps subconciously you have allowed that feeling to run deep in your site, thats the truth. This site is for Morrissey haters now, those are the ones sheltered and cherished which is a shame especially when we all know he will be back with an even bigger splash soon regardless.

You say you don't need more moderators as the "workload isn't bad". Perhaps if you improved the site with some fresh (less disillusioned) blood in the mods then there would be more traffic. Instead you seem to be happy to be losing posters hand over fist. I can't help thinking you allow the abusive posters (who are all negative) to run riot so you can drown out and drive away the positive ones. Your attitube towards allyouneedisme confirms this. You tell people to go there is they want "only positivity" dispite no one saying that and then you say how rarely it gets updated. You seem very keen to stand up for the rights of the trolls left behind on the principle of "freedom of speech". On the other hand you seem prepared to have Morrissey's would be manager as your employer. it doesn't add up and it doesn't have to be that way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nipgid_P7AQ&feature=related

Last edited:
You didn't lock this thread?

I agree with much of this. Only when i started to look closely i noticed that it is the same people allowed to run riot unchecked. I also noticed that "negative" threads weren't being merged and "positive" ones were and that the front pages were drawing out the negative aspects of positive stories and digging up negative ones. I know you'll ask for examples even when I have posted many and you have dissmissed them. You introduced anon posting in the forum directly against the wishes of those who knew about the constant trolling in the comments section thanks to anon posting.
Remember that dreadful April fools "joke" when you pretended to reach out to Morrissey and make the site more "positive"? Obviously someone was listening and didn't take kindly to being mocked. it wasn't very professional was it given your meeting? Thats when the real problems started the "f*** Morrissey-solo" stuff and the ban, its bit rich to act all hurt, can't you take it? It was a T-shirt not a ransom note and you ban people all the time.
You had another opportunity with this story. Morrissey could have dismissed the question all together, but instead he answered it. You could have responded publically it may have even been picked up by other media outlets. You could have said you loved his songs and you would love to work with him and please get in touch. You could have said it was all a misunderstanding. That the platform of the site is very open and although that brings good things it means it can be difficult to moderate effectively when you only have your spare time and some volunteers. You didn't do that, instead you claimed Morrissey or Merk was lying and the mods and knockers sneered on and said "typical" and " how sad". Turns out (after being very cagey about the details) that you admit there was a meeting where Merk suggested the possibility that you be in his employment and that you would be open to changes in relation to this site.

Finally you completely twisted Morrissey words to make out he was suggesting you were blackmailing him somehow. You twisted his words to bring out the negative, made effectively "would take payment" into "blackmail" somehow. This thread is all the proof needed of haters and negativity.

You could have said kind things this time round but you didn't want to. You didn't want to because you are angry with Morrissey and perhaps subconciously you have allowed that feeling to run deep in your site, thats the truth. This site is for Morrissey haters now, those are the ones sheltered and cherished which is a shame especially when we all know he will be back with an even bigger splash soon regardless.

You say you don't need more moderators as the "workload isn't bad". Perhaps if you improved the site with some fresh (less disillusioned) blood in the mods then there would be more traffic. Instead you seem to be happy to be losing posters hand over fist. I can't help thinking you allow the abusive posters (who are all negative) to run riot so you can drown out and drive away the positive ones. Your attitube towards allyouneedisme confirms this. You tell people to go there is they want "only positivity" dispite no one saying that and then you say how rarely it gets updated. You seem very keen to stand up for the rights of the trolls left behind on the principle of "freedom of speech". On the other hand you seem prepared to have Morrissey's would be manager as your employer. it doesn't add up and it doesn't have to be that way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nipgid_P7AQ&feature=related

There comes a time when even if SOME of what you are saying is correct you are wrong to say it. Morrissey did suggest that David was open to an arrangement that wouldn't be that different to extortion. That was the immediate implication.

As far as moderators, that's a broken record. You have to learn to accept them if you post here. If you don't break the rules you're also entitled to ignore them. You have long since passed the stage where you can complain about other people posting too much, or making negative posts. When they mentioned the possibility of you trying out as a moderator you said you were too busy. That's when you should have known enough to gracefully drop it. If I'm giving someone a bunch of advise and they ask for help and I say I don't have time, it's time for me to quit giving advice. That just means, I'd like to criticize you at my convenience with no strings attached and you should somehow bring about changes that I can't quite even describe, let alone tell you how to implement.

You're just being annoying now, and even if you disagree to take a message like that to David and shit on it is really bad behavior. You don't win anyone over like that.

You didn't lock this thread?...

I thought about your 'public response' suggestion but instead, I'll leave my responses in this thread as the actual 'public response'. You said I 'act hurt'. That's odd because I've never felt hurt. I responded in this thread how I felt that just about everything Morrissey said about the site in the answer is incorrect. Perhaps you interpreted me as being hurt as you seem to think you have this great intuition about my life despite not actually knowing that much about it. Or more likely, that's how you would 'feel' if it happened to you, because you think you know what it's like running a site like this.

You mentioned posting 'many examples' but you actually didn't. I didn't dismiss the one you gave about Uncleskinny, I responded with the reasons why I didn't think it was a violation. I didn't sayallyouneedismorrissey was rarely updated, I said true-to-you.net had not been updated since June 23, which still is true.

The previous anonymous poster pretty much had it right, you're actually not saying very much, what you are saying is "I'd like to criticize you at my convenience with no strings attached and you should somehow bring about changes that I can't quite even describe, let alone tell you how to implement."

Last edited:
"I'd like to criticize you at my convenience with no strings attached and you should somehow bring about changes that I can't quite even describe, let alone tell you how to implement."

Whoa, I just got dizzy...have you been talking to my ex-wife? :rolleyes:

I thought about your 'public response' suggestion but instead, I'll leave my responses in this thread as the actual 'public response'. You said I 'act hurt'. That's odd because I've never felt hurt. I responded in this thread how I felt that just about everything Morrissey said about the site in the answer is incorrect. Perhaps you interpreted me as being hurt as you seem to think you have this great intuition about my life despite not actually knowing that much about it. Or more likely, that's how you would 'feel' if it happened to you, because you think you know what it's like running a site like this.

You mentioned posting 'many examples' but you actually didn't. I didn't dismiss the one you gave about Uncleskinny, I responded with the reasons why I didn't think it was a violation. I didn't sayallyouneedismorrissey was rarely updated, I said true-to-you.net had not been updated since June 23, which still is true.

The previous anonymous poster pretty much had it right, you're actually not saying very much, what you are saying is "I'd like to criticize you at my convenience with no strings attached and you should somehow bring about changes that I can't quite even describe, let alone tell you how to implement."

lets not pretend David - i have given several examples (even in that last post) in this thread they are there for all to see and I've made several easily workable clear suggestions. It doesn't matter you have made yourself clear.

lets not pretend David - i have given several examples (even in that last post) in this thread they are there for all to see and I've made several easily workable clear suggestions. It doesn't matter you have made yourself clear.

Since he's made himself clear, does that mean you'll shut up about it now?

Tags
greek interview morrissey solo solow

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom