New Morrissey interview on Greek website LiFO (July 4, 2012)

Re: Morrisseys' new interview in greek website 4.7.2012

http://www.lifo.gr/mag/features/3314

I am not good is Greek-English translations but one question and its answer is of great interest.

Q:Why do you dislike so much morrissey-solo.com ?

A: I don't like the fact that a site using my name is clearly about the Smiths and not for Morrissey.
This site highlights negativism or even more,it is looking for it, a thing that annoys most of people I know.
So,it has become a vechicle for Morrissey haters and no one I know visits this site anymore.The owner claims
that this is an open forum but since everyone posts under the name "Anonymous" how can this be considered open?
The owner of this site approached my former manager last year,saying that all the negative stories would be ended,
if I would pay him 3000 dollars per month.I think this talks by itself.

(This translation is not good because it was made from english to greek and from greek to english,but this is the basic story anyway.)

I believe that his answer explains a lot of stuff going on here...

1242749315_bullshit_amplifier-detector.gif

Why are you two still going in about this. Smiler just let it go. I can't see how this can possibly be that important to you. it's a morrissey fan site for f***s sake. it's really not worth the time you've put in.

while I agree that it would be best if Smiler let it go :o it takes two(or more) to tango like this :straightface:

but you did agree to quit your job - so you knew you would be paid - right?
and that it would be "not fair" to ask for "many more hours of work 'for free'."

No, I did not agree I would quit my job. No where near to that. You are seeing what you want to see. I said he suggested the possibility but there were no details, no offer, no agreement. I'll drop this as it's going nowhere arguing with anyone this myopic.

Can't we all just get along! The fact of the matter is that people should be paid for the work that they do. David has devoted many years to this site which has benefited Morrissey. Morrissey does not owe him anything but if David wanted payment for his hard work (including making additions or deletions) that is not beyond reason nor does it make him a bad person (not saying that he did). Why Smiler is so stuck on proving that David is a bad person is very odd. The only finger pointing he is doing is to David. This site is a beacon for negative thoughts because this is the internet and people can hide behind the computer and made nasty comments without having to own up to them. So this site is no different to the rest of the internet world. Yes, I used to post here but because of the negative response I was getting I stopped. This is a feeling I am sure a lot of other people have (I have had others tell me). Unfortuantly this site does not represent the many people I have meet over the years at shows and pen pals. The community was an amazing band of like minded individuals who seem to care about each other.

Once you open up the site to anyone and everyone you can't control if it is a negative or positive site anymore. I understand those terms are subjective but once you hear it for the 53rd time its starts to not be objective anymore. That perception becomes truth. Their is no way to have intellegent conversation on the web. You either allow no post or you just open it up to the masses and deal with the range of intellect you might get. Love the site, love the debate, but don't like the mean hurtful Boz is fat type comments. The people who wrote those type things should be ashamed of themselves and really look inside themselves and ask "why am I on this site" and secondly "what kind of person am I"?

Last edited:
No, I did not agree I would quit my job. No where near to that. You are seeing what you want to see. I said he suggested the possibility but there were no details, no offer, no agreement. I'll drop this as it's going nowhere arguing with anyone this myopic.

"we talked about was his suggestion of the possibility I could also work with him on the other artists he managed and that I would be quitting my current job" - davidt

"we talked about was his suggestion of the possibility I could also work with him on the other artists he managed and that I would be quitting my current job" - davidt

Christ. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Just give it up.

Oh, and when do I get that £20 you owe me?

P.

Can't we all just get along! The fact of the matter is that people should be paid for the work that they do. David has devoted many years to this site which has benefited Morrissey. Morrissey does not owe him anything but if David wanted payment for his hard work (including making additions or deletions) that is not beyond reason nor does it make him a bad person (not saying that he did). Why Smiler is so stuck on proving that David is a bad person is very odd. The only finger pointing he is doing is to David. This site is a beacon for negative thoughts because this is the internet and people can hide behind the computer and made nasty comments without having to own up to them. So this site is no different to the rest of the internet world. Yes, I used to post here but because of the negative response I was getting I stopped. This is a feeling I am sure a lot of other people have (I have had others tell me). Unfortuantly this site does not represent the many people I have meet over the years at shows and pen pals. The community was an amazing band of like minded individuals who seem to care about each other.

Once you open up the site to anyone and everyone you can't control if it is a negative or positive site anymore. I understand those terms are subjective but once you hear it for the 53rd time its starts to not be objective anymore. That perception becomes truth. Their is no way to have intellegent conversation on the web. You either allow no post or you just open it up to the masses and deal with the range of intellect you might get. Love the site, love the debate, but don't like the mean hurtful Boz is fat type comments. The people who wrote those type things should be ashamed of themselves and really look inside themselves and ask "why am I on this site" and secondly "what kind of person am I"?

"but if David wanted payment for his hard work (including making additions or deletions) that is not beyond reason nor does it make him a bad person" - I completely agree

Interesting to hear you no longer post here due to the abuse and "negative response" and "this is a feeling I am sure a lot of other people have (I have had others tell me)" - shame the owner doesn't see it.

Christ. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Just give it up.

Oh, and when do I get that £20 you owe me?

P.
:lbf:

OK, I am gonna go now and leave my computer here at my mom's
I am going to do my best not to use another person's until I come back on Sunday
and when I do, I'd like to see that this thread finally died, please? :o

"but if David wanted payment for his hard work (including making additions or deletions) that is not beyond reason nor does it make him a bad person" - I completely agree

Interesting to hear you no longer post here due to the abuse and "negative response" and "this is a feeling I am sure a lot of other people have (I have had others tell me)" - shame the owner doesn't see it.

This thread is really hilarious. So funny. Finding the truth.... Muhahahahaha......
Moaning about getting attacked and negative responses. Bohooooo.
Nice, really had a good time.!!!!!
You are a real cracker smiler.

And by the way you Morrissey Hippies - I am saying it in a very sensitive way.
His recent work is just not good enough. That is a fact (only my personal opinion-
so dont take it personal and please dont cry .... please!!!!).

Real gone with a smile

He just suggested the possibility. No way I would agree to something without any actual details.

He just suggested the possibility. No way I would agree to something without any actual details.

thats why i said you agreed in principle to taking payment from Morrissey and Merk in order to work with them on changes to the site

thats why i said you agreed in principle to taking payment from Morrissey and Merk in order to work with them on changes to the site

Look. Look. I'm going to cut a deal with you. You can have the last word, and we lock this thread and leave it here now. Agreed?

And when do I get that £20 you owe me?

P.

That's twisting things though. I did not reject the idea but you make it sound like there was an agreement when there wasn't anything of the sort. I agreed to listen to proposed changes, that is a more accurate way to put it.

That's twisting things though. I did not reject the idea but you make it sound like there was an agreement when there wasn't anything of the sort. I agreed to listen to proposed changes, that is a more accurate way to put it.

So you admit that when you met you discussed, did not reject, and were open to, the idea of taking payment from Morrissey and Merk in order to work with them on changes to the site

Last edited:
Tags
greek interview morrissey solo solow

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom