New Morrissey interview on Greek website LiFO (July 4, 2012)

Re: Morrisseys' new interview in greek website 4.7.2012

http://www.lifo.gr/mag/features/3314

I am not good is Greek-English translations but one question and its answer is of great interest.

Q:Why do you dislike so much morrissey-solo.com ?

A: I don't like the fact that a site using my name is clearly about the Smiths and not for Morrissey.
This site highlights negativism or even more,it is looking for it, a thing that annoys most of people I know.
So,it has become a vechicle for Morrissey haters and no one I know visits this site anymore.The owner claims
that this is an open forum but since everyone posts under the name "Anonymous" how can this be considered open?
The owner of this site approached my former manager last year,saying that all the negative stories would be ended,
if I would pay him 3000 dollars per month.I think this talks by itself.

(This translation is not good because it was made from english to greek and from greek to english,but this is the basic story anyway.)

I believe that his answer explains a lot of stuff going on here...

1242749315_bullshit_amplifier-detector.gif

The point is not a lot is being said here - David never offered this up for discussion, he was called out and had to respond, so far he has been rather vague in refuting it - which i think speaks volumes.

David knew, Merck knew, I knew, Morrissey knew, and many others knew. How do you expect someone to respond to something that hasn't even been mentioned anywhere?

Look - as I said above. It really is up to you who you want to believe here. And it seems that nothing anyone can say will sway you. That's fine.

P.

Last edited:
Are you blind? Read the thread titled "Information regarding reports of retirement" on p 3 of general discussion. Also the "Do you believe the MEN show will be Morrissey's only UK appearance" for David Tseng trying to weasel his way around negative comments regarding the way this site is moderated, frequently changing his story. Specifcally posts #41, #44, #49, #51, #62, #65, #69, (he sure suddenly has a lot to say on a site he claims to not pay a whole lot of attention to when the site is the one being criticized & not Morrissey), #76, #78, #116, #131, #134, 135 #139 #142 (notice how the story changes regarding the leaked email in regards to smiler's accusation that he'd been threatened with legal action) #145, #150, #153

I can post the links if you wish but I'm in a waiting room on my phone & it's a bit difficult

Get a f***ing life.

If we were to believe what davidt has written then the discussion with Merck about changing the website must have taken all of 30 seconds which I don`t believe for a minute. Plus still no comment about whether money was discussed at all.

The point is not a lot is being said here - David never offered this up for discussion, he was called out and had to respond, so far he has been rather vague in refuting it - which i think speaks volumes.

What is vague? Did you read my responses on this thread?

See the post shortly before yours for my reply.

but you don't answer my points at all?
Merk was discussing a "management package"? - but where does this site (or you) fit into that?
and what do you mean by "open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site" - what changes?
You say there wasn't a "proposal" yet it appears there was disscussion and negotiation of sorts. Why not just give us a brief account?

but you don't answer my points at all?
Merk was discussing a "management package"? - but where does this site (or you) fit into that?
and what do you mean by "open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site" - what changes?
You say there wasn't a "proposal" yet it appears there was disscussion and negotiation of sorts. Why not just give us a brief account?

I think I answered that here:

Uncleskinny knows the details as we did talk privately about it at the time.

There aren't really any other details besides what I mentioned, during the meeting we were talking mostly about other things. There wasn't any actual 'proposal' as far as I was concerned, I told Merck I'd be willing to work with him / Morrissey on changes to the site and that was pretty much it. Merck mentioned getting together some management package as Morrissey was looking for a manager at the time apparently. As you might recall, he went with Ron Laffitte instead (See Morrissey under new management - Ron Laffitte; Hop Farm details at true-to-you.net, Mar, 4, 2011).

If it meant 'delete any post that mentions The Smiths' or 'stop anonymous posts or anything critical in general and make it more like true-to-you' it probably wouldn't have worked out very well.

The fact that you still won`t comment about whether money was part of the discussion can only lead to the assumption that it was. Which can only indicate that you are an amateur human being.

He sings Smiths songs though. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that you still won`t comment about whether money was part of the discussion can only lead to the assumption that it was. Which can only indicate that you are an amateur human being.

No, money was not part of the discussion.

I think I answered that here:

not really?

okay to summarise further:

You agree that a meeting took place (you suggest arranged by Merk - Morrissey suggest you approached Merk) one that you had never mentioned publically before
You say Merk discussed a "Managment package" but you seem unwilling to expand on what that actually means
Morrissey said you made an offer to Merk to the effect of - $3000 a year and i'll stop the negative stories on the site
You say you mentioned to Merk that you were "open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site" but no "dollar amount was discussed" but you are unwilling to explain what "changes" were on offer and what was in it for you
You say during the meeting (apparently arranged by Merk) you "were talking mostly about other things" and there was no actual 'proposal' as far as you was concerned.
You also say Uncleskinny know the details yet there "aren't really any other details besides what I mentioned"

not really?

okay to summarise further:

You agree that a meeting took place (you suggest arranged by Merk - Morrissey suggest you approached Merk) one that you had never mentioned publically before
You say Merk discussed a "Managment package" but you seem unwilling to expand on what that actually means
Morrissey said you made an offer to Merk to the effect of - $3000 a year and i'll stop the negative stories on the site
You say you mentioned to Merk that you were "open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site" but no "dollar amount was discussed" but you are unwilling to explain what "changes" were on offer and what was in it for you
You say during the meeting (apparently arranged by Merk) you "were talking mostly about other things" and there was no actual 'proposal' as far as you was concerned.
You also say Uncleskinny know the details yet there "aren't really any other details besides what I mentioned"

1. As I said, Merck was the one who mentioned getting together a management package because he was vying for Morrissey's services. That's what I mean by 'management package'. I'm not involved in those details.

2. I just mentioned I was open to changes, but again, I had no idea what he had in mind as it wasn't discussed.

3. You were questioning why Uncleskinny was responding, I confirmed that he knows the details of my meeting which have been disclosed here.

Last edited:
I adore Morrissey. Always will, but maybe he should open his own website for people to communicate and discuss his work - with no mention of the other Smiths. I love The Smiths music, but I couldn't care less about the other nand members.

About negativity, tho, I have to say one thing. When someone from his camp attacks us first for no real reason other than for attention, well, that in itself stems from the very root of negativity! Of course we're going to retaliate. That's the only time I get upset and post negative messages. Oh well...I dunno. It's difficult being a Morrissey fan for this reason. Those of us who are not haters, yet come here because its really the only place to visit for updates (where we can actually make comments and discussion) feel neglected, sadly. O think he needs to re-evaluate the situation and realise its not all one-sided. Do something to stop the negativity, Morrissey. I say that with love, I really do. This was written in hast on my phone, so forgive me for any mistakes!

He did it in 2004 (itsmorrisseysworld.co.uk), but its message board was shut down.

That's such an open-goal libel. Get yourself a lawyer, David, and have Morrissey sent a letter saying you'll accept tickets and travel for the rest of the tour in full and final settlement.

You are free to believe who you want. You can believe Morrissey's account in the press, or you can believe what is being said here. It's up to you.

P.

Certainly. It's not about what I believe, though, but about what you wrote. You're calling Morrissey a liar. David is saying he may have misunderstood what was said. Enough details have come forth to see how a "management package" could translate into dollar amounts having been mentioned. I'm not going to speculate on the conversation. I don't know. You don't know. I'd trust Morrissey's account of it because it's based on the truth, whereas David's denial is pretty passive. If it was simply not true, he'd have said nothing like that ever happened.

See, I didn't believe it when I read it. I didn't think Morrissey actually said it if this was a real interview, but turns out it was and he did, and so I had to reconsider. I don't know what happened but it's very interesting.

Certainly. It's not about what I believe, though, but about what you wrote. You're calling Morrissey a liar. David is saying he may have misunderstood what was said. Enough details have come forth to see how a "management package" could translate into dollar amounts having been mentioned. I'm not going to speculate on the conversation. I don't know. You don't know. I'd trust Morrissey's account of it because it's based on the truth, whereas David's denial is pretty passive. If it was simply not true, he'd have said nothing like that ever happened.

See, I didn't believe it when I read it. I didn't think Morrissey actually said it if this was a real interview, but turns out it was and he did, and so I had to reconsider. I don't know what happened but it's very interesting.

I didn't say Morrissey was a liar, I said that what he said was untrue, that's a big difference. Maybe he was misinformed and said something on that basis. Anyway, you trust what Morrissey says because it's 'based on the truth'. Your privelege and prerogative absolutely.

P.

1. As I said, Merck was the one who mentioned getting together a management package because he was vying for Morrissey's services. That's what I mean by 'management package'. I'm not involved in those details.

2. I just mentioned I was open to changes, but again, I had no idea what he had in mind as it wasn't discussed.

3. You were questioning why Uncleskinny was responding, I confirmed that he knows the details of my meeting which have been disclosed here.

So you are saying Morrissey manager approached you for a meeting.
You agreed but when you met you discussed "other things"
Then you had an exchange that went something like:
Merk: "Would you be willing to work with Morrissey in making changes to your site"
You "Sure"
Then you returned to your discussion of "other things"
but you never went on to ask what those changes might be, so despite your assertion that this site is "censorship free" you were apparently willing to give that up without even finding out what the "changes" were just to "work with Morrissey".
Then either Merk told Morrissey a load of lies (for no reason) or Morrissey completely made up the story himself off the top of his head just to discredit you
I am trying to follow Uncleskinny advice and make up my own mind but i am finding your version hard to believe.

Re:

It's none of your (our) bloody business.

David has no obligations to disclose about meeting with Merck.

He confirmed that after the meeting Merck didn't contact him again.
Possibly either Morrissey didn't like Merck's proposal or Merck changed his mind.

Last edited:

You're calling Morrissey a liar.

He is.

David is saying he may have misunderstood what was said.

I don't know what you read, but to me it looked like David said either Morrissey is flat out lying or Merck lied to Morrissey.

Enough details have come forth to see how a "management package" could translate into dollar amounts having been mentioned.

No...it hasn't. A management package for Merck has absolutely NOTHING to do with what Morrissey almost describes as blackmail. NOTHING.

I'm not going to speculate on the conversation. I don't know.

No, you don't.

You don't know.

He does.

I'd trust Morrissey's account of it because it's based on the truth, whereas David's denial is pretty passive.

So, you say you trust Morrissey's account of a meeting he wasn't present for and that the details of were relayed to him by Merck...and in the same breath, you say you distrust Uncleskinny's account of a meeting he wasn't there for and that the details of were relayed to him by David?

If it was simply not true, he'd have said nothing like that ever happened.

He's stated it multiple times. You're just ignoring it.

Tags
greek interview morrissey solo solow

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom