New Morrissey interview on Greek website LiFO (July 4, 2012)

Re: Morrisseys' new interview in greek website 4.7.2012

http://www.lifo.gr/mag/features/3314

I am not good is Greek-English translations but one question and its answer is of great interest.

Q:Why do you dislike so much morrissey-solo.com ?

A: I don't like the fact that a site using my name is clearly about the Smiths and not for Morrissey.
This site highlights negativism or even more,it is looking for it, a thing that annoys most of people I know.
So,it has become a vechicle for Morrissey haters and no one I know visits this site anymore.The owner claims
that this is an open forum but since everyone posts under the name "Anonymous" how can this be considered open?
The owner of this site approached my former manager last year,saying that all the negative stories would be ended,
if I would pay him 3000 dollars per month.I think this talks by itself.

(This translation is not good because it was made from english to greek and from greek to english,but this is the basic story anyway.)

I believe that his answer explains a lot of stuff going on here...

1242749315_bullshit_amplifier-detector.gif

Im under the impression Morrissey lies a lot, actually. Not a commendable trait.

I gave my perspective. Perhaps Merck did actually say to him "davidt approached me the other day and said he would remove all negative stories on Morrissey-solo for $3000 a month". Things like this could have certainly been cleared up before making this statement to the press as my contact information is easily accessible, but it seems he'd prefer to use this as others have mentioned before, to appear as a victim.

Many (I didn't say most) of us post with the names we registered with...Yes, I agree, way too many anonymous people post here, and that should stop. Those who focus on The Smiths are also just as much interested in Morrissey's solo career, but i do understand where he's coming from on how a great number of posts are extremely negative and out right mean. However, those like myself, for instance, usually post positive comments about Morrissey and try to add uplifting and encouraging messages. So, it hurts when he looks over that.

It sounds like to me, David, that Morrissey's manager went back and told him what he thought would upset him even more. If you want to work with Morrissey to make this website better, you're going to have to go directly to Morrissey in writing through his lawyers. If that part was translated correctly.

I adore Morrissey. Always will, but maybe he should open his own website for people to communicate and discuss his work - with no mention of the other Smiths. I love The Smiths music, but I couldn't care less about the other nand members.

About negativity, tho, I have to say one thing. When someone from his camp attacks us first for no real reason other than for attention, well, that in itself stems from the very root of negativity! Of course we're going to retaliate. That's the only time I get upset and post negative messages. Oh well...I dunno. It's difficult being a Morrissey fan for this reason. Those of us who are not haters, yet come here because its really the only place to visit for updates (where we can actually make comments and discussion) feel neglected, sadly. O think he needs to re-evaluate the situation and realise its not all one-sided. Do something to stop the negativity, Morrissey. I say that with love, I really do. This was written in hast on my phone, so forgive me for any mistakes!

http://suite101.com/article/what-are-pathological-liars-a132547

• Lie to control and get their own way
• Often change stories
• Live in their own reality most of the time
• Lie for sympathy
• Contradict what they say because they don't remember their lies, although there are exceptions

Notice when cornered about the nature of this site (see the thread titled "Information regarding reports of retirement") David Tseng seems to live in his own reality, his story often changes, etc.

http://suite101.com/article/what-are-pathological-liars-a132547

• Lie to control and get their own way
• Often change stories
• Live in their own reality most of the time
• Lie for sympathy
• Contradict what they say because they don't remember their lies, although there are exceptions

Notice when cornered about the nature of this site (see the thread titled "Information regarding reports of retirement") David Tseng seems to live in his own reality, his story often changes, etc.

Could you give some examples where David's "...story often changes", please, with links and references.

P.

"(davidt): The detail about me asking for $3000 / month to stop 'negative stories' is not true. I did meet with Merck around the time he was proposing a management package (Jan. 2011) and I said I would be open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site but no dollar amount was discussed. He approached me about meeting without saying what it was about. I don't know what Merck actually said to Morrissey but I did not hear back after the initial meeting."

Interesting that you say that no dollar amount was discussed but you don`t say that money wasn`t discussed.

The detail about me asking for $3000 / month to stop 'negative stories' is not true. I did meet with Merck around the time he was proposing a management package (Jan. 2011) and I said I would be open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site but no dollar amount was discussed. He approached me about meeting without saying what it was about. I don't know what Merck actually said to Morrissey but I did not hear back after the initial meeting.

Come on David why don't you tell us what was said? What does "Proposing a management package" actually mean? Why are you being so vague? What exactly was Merk suggesting and what would you get in return? If you are suggesting Morrissey is lying or has been misinformed then why not tell us the full truth?

Come on David why don't you tell us what was said? What does "Proposing a management package" actually mean? Why are you being so vague? What exactly was Merk suggesting and what would you get in return? If you are suggesting Morrissey is lying or has been misinformed then why not tell us the full truth?

If you read David's subsequent post you will see David suggest that what Morrissey said is simply not true. Now, it might well be that Merck said something to Morrissey that David did not say himself, you don't know, I don't know, only Merck knows that. But what Morrissey has said in the press is not true.

P.

Last edited:

If you read David's subsequent post you will see David suggest that what Morrissey said is simply not true. Now, it might well be that Merck said something to Morrissey that David did not say himself, you don't know, I don't know, only Merck knows that. But what Morrissey has said in the press is not true.

P.

Yes i saw his other post and I realise what it meant I am sure David can answer for himself, not sure why you responded as your post answers exactly none of my questions. So we know David and Merk met, David says a "management package" was discussed. But what i am asking is what was the proposal exactly?

Yes i saw his other post and I realise what it meant I am sure David can answer for himself, not sure why you responded as your post answers exactly none of my questions. So we know David and Merk met, David says a "management package" was discussed. But what i am asking is what was the proposal exactly?

You're going to have to ask David and Merck that, assuming they want to tell, but I'm not sure that's the point here. Morrissey has said something in a press interview about David that is untrue.

P.

Uncleskinny knows the details as we did talk privately about it at the time.

There aren't really any other details besides what I mentioned, during the meeting we were talking mostly about other things. There wasn't any actual 'proposal' as far as I was concerned, I told Merck I'd be willing to work with him / Morrissey on changes to the site and that was pretty much it. Merck mentioned getting together some management package as Morrissey was looking for a manager at the time apparently. As you might recall, he went with Ron Laffitte instead (See Morrissey under new management - Ron Laffitte; Hop Farm details at true-to-you.net, Mar, 4, 2011).

If it meant 'delete any post that mentions The Smiths' or 'stop anonymous posts or anything critical in general and make it more like true-to-you' it probably wouldn't have worked out very well.

Maybe it just means that as David, despite the ridiculous amount of hostility thrown at him by Morrissey and by other users of this site, and despite the fact that David grants these posters almost unmitigated freedom of speech, still, at the end of the day, sees this site as what it was intended to be: the go-to Morrissey fansite. He rarely takes sides, and he cannot control what people write -about others or about Morrissey-unless it comprises TOS.

He could censor every anti-Morrissey opinion, but why should he have to?

So maybe, in a zygotic stage of planning, David met with Morrissey's management simply because Morrissey knows that is the fansite that his listeners are going to get information from, and maybe there was a notion of some kind of deal or compromise that would be beneficial to all involved. But, as with most business deals Morrissey is involved in, it fell through due either to David not agreeing to everything Morrissey wanted, or due to faulty communication between parties, or due to other reasons that have in no way been disclosed or even hinted at in the article.

Pillorying David for something none of us knows jack shit about other than what is laid forth by Morrissey in a shoddily transcribed interview is not only ridiculous, it's disrespectful to David and to this site.

Even a cursory glance at Morrissey's previous business arrangements, not to mention his perception of reality, and how he twists things others have said and done, will lend heavy credence to the notion that he is misleading the reader. He intentionally warps the facts, but includes enough truth to make his story seem legitimate.

P.

No, it doesn't work that way. Shouting "simply not true" about a story which has been confirmed to the degree that we know it's based on Morrissey's interpretation of something THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED (a meeting) and David saying "no dollar amount was discussed" makes you saying "simply not true! simply not true!" well, simply, not true.

You're going to have to ask David and Merck that, assuming they want to tell, but I'm not sure that's the point here. Morrissey has said something in a press interview about David that is untrue.

P.

I did ask David (not sure why you responded?). The thing is we are left to take your word on the "untruth"? Let me summarise: No one on here has ever mentioned this meeeting on this site before. Morrissey mentions the meeting in an interview. He says an offer was made whereby David suggested for $3000 a year he would stop posting negative stories on the site. David agrees a meeting did actually take place at Merk arrangement and a "Management package" was discussed whereby David said he "would be open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site" but no "dollar amount" was agreed.

So again David my question is:
What exactly do you mean by a "management package"? - and where does this site (or you) fit into that?
and what do you mean by "open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site" - what changes?
and what was in the proposal for you and what was in it for Morrissey?
Without that information its impossible (without relying on your word against Morrissey's) to judge where the truth lies.

Last edited:
Could you give some examples where David's "...story often changes", please, with links and references.

P.

Are you blind? Read the thread titled "Information regarding reports of retirement" on p 3 of general discussion. Also the "Do you believe the MEN show will be Morrissey's only UK appearance" for David Tseng trying to weasel his way around negative comments regarding the way this site is moderated, frequently changing his story. Specifcally posts #41, #44, #49, #51, #62, #65, #69, (he sure suddenly has a lot to say on a site he claims to not pay a whole lot of attention to when the site is the one being criticized & not Morrissey), #76, #78, #116, #131, #134, 135 #139 #142 (notice how the story changes regarding the leaked email in regards to smiler's accusation that he'd been threatened with legal action) #145, #150, #153

I can post the links if you wish but I'm in a waiting room on my phone & it's a bit difficult

No, it doesn't work that way. Shouting "simply not true" about a story which has been confirmed to the degree that we know it's based on Morrissey's interpretation of something THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED (a meeting) and David saying "no dollar amount was discussed" makes you saying "simply not true! simply not true!" well, simply, not true.

You are free to believe who you want. You can believe Morrissey's account in the press, or you can believe what is being said here. It's up to you.

P.

I did ask David (not sure why you responded?). The thing is we are left to take your word on the "untruth"? Let me summarise: No one on here has ever mentioned this meeeting on this site before. Morrissey mentions the meeting in an interview. He says an offer was made whereby David suggested for $3000 a year he would stop posting negative stories on the site. David agrees a meeting did actually take place at Merk arrangement and a "Management package" was discussed whereby David said he "would be open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site" but no "dollar amount" was agreed.

So again David my question is:
What exactly do you mean by a "management package"? - and where does this site (or you) fit into that?
and what do you mean by "open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site" - what changes?
and what was in the proposal for you and what was in it for Morrissey?
Without that information its impossible (without relying on your word against Morrissey's) to judge where the truth lies.

See the post shortly before yours for my reply.

You are free to believe who you want. You can believe Morrissey's account in the press, or you can believe what is being said here. It's up to you.

P.

The point is not a lot is being said here - David never offered this up for discussion, he was called out and had to respond, so far he has been rather vague in refuting it - which i think speaks volumes.

Tags
greek interview morrissey solo solow

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom