New Morrissey interview on Greek website LiFO (July 4, 2012)

UPDATE: July 9, 6:00PM PT:

MorrisseyessirroM posted a link to the original interview in English now on the LiFO site.

http://www.lifo.gr/team/pop/31607

The actual excerpt regarding morrissey-solo.com:

Why do you dislike morrissey-solo.com? (Dear Quentin, DJ)

---I dislike the fact that my name is used when it’s so obviously a Smiths site and not a Morrissey site. It also relishes the negative and even seeks it out, which has upset most people that I know. Consequently it has become a vehicle for Morrissey-haters, and no one I know will log on to it any more. The owner says it is an open forum, but since everyone posts under the name Anon, then how can that be considered open? The owner of the site apparently approached my ex-manager last year saying he would stop all negative stories if I paid him $3,000 per month! I think that just about sums it up.

(davidt): The detail about me asking for $3000 / month to stop 'negative stories' is not true. I did meet with his ex-manager Merck Mercuriadis around the time he was proposing a management package (Jan. 2011) and I said I would be open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site but no dollar amount was discussed or any agreements to remove anything from the site. He approached me about meeting without saying what it was about. I don't know what Merck actually said to Morrissey but I did not hear back after the initial meeting.

UPDATE: July 9, 8:45AM PT:

Digital version of the interview in the print edition.

Morrissey: "O κανιβαλισμός είναι ακόμα πολύ δημοφιλής, δε νομίζετε;"
- LiFO

Morrissey exclusive: "Most pop artists would sell their blood for a price."

Just days before his arrival in Greece, Morrissey answers the questions asked by Greek fans: 5 musicians, 4 journalists, 2 radio producers and one blogger.

Amy adds:

I'm sceptical about the article, but out of curiosity I put the whole thing in Google Translate and had a quick read. Some very Morrissey-esque quotes here and there.

"Some artists would sell their own blood at the right price"

"I am my own best friend. Whenever I hear about somebody getting married, I send a funeral wreath".

"I find it hard to get out of bed, or find a reason to do it [...] it is not laziness, but melancholy. I miss 1752".

(On career criticism) - "I think the good reviews stopped about ten years ago".

Compares slaughterhouses to Auschwitz gas chambers, insults Gwyneth Paltrow and celebrity culture, more moaning about being under-valued by the music industry.

Also says he'd wipe Kill Uncle from his back catalogue, if it were possible.

mcrickson adds:

So now the autobiography is not December 2012, but sometime in 2013. Not entirely surprised, as I feel like we would've heard something of it by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
its where the smart money is

You do surprise me. OK, shall we put an end to this. I'm reaching out to you here. Have you had enough? Surely you don't want to continue arguing the toss? DO you agree with me that this has gone on far too long? You can have the last word if you like. What do you say?

P.

A

Anonymous

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Talk about rising to the bait when it's thrown? Does anyone seriously think that this Smiler character is doing anything other than stoking the fire? To think, you lot are grown ups, and some of you have kids! f***ing ell!

smiler

You do surprise me. OK, shall we put an end to this. I'm reaching out to you here. Have you had enough? Surely you don't want to continue arguing the toss? DO you agree with me that this has gone on far too long? You can have the last word if you like. What do you say?

P.

I was just trying to work out the truth, I reckon Morrissey thinks this site is "negative" towards him and is "full of haters" and that the site owner would change that for a price. I think there is alot of proof in this thread to suggest he is right.

Iona Mink

Despitemybetterjudgement
I was just trying to work out the truth, I reckon Morrissey thinks this site is "negative" towards him and is "full of haters" and that the site owner would change that for a price. I think there is alot of proof in this thread to suggest he is right.

859825_o.gif

In homage to CB who is sorely missed in this thread.

!Viva Hate!

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Talk about rising to the bait when it's thrown? Does anyone seriously think that this Smiler character is doing anything other than stoking the fire? To think, you lot are grown ups, and some of you have kids! f***ing ell!

Trolling usually does elicit a reaction...

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber

Let me ask you again, oh Truth-Seeker - shall we put an end to this thread - yes or no?

P.

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber

There is no proof, except in your own mind. Show me proof that I would have changed anything 'for a price'.

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
You have to earn a living, its what you do, who wouldn't do that? Just end the thread.

I already earn a living doing something else. I wouldn't sell out the site for changes I didn't agree with for any amount of cash.

smiler

I already earn a living doing something else. I wouldn't sell out the site for changes I didn't agree with for any amount of cash.

Okay but it is fair to say that in the proposal you would quit your current job and would be working with Merk on other artists, I assume he would pay you? You can't be expected to live on thin air and part of your work would include possible changes to this site?

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Okay but it is fair to say that in the proposal you would quit your current job and would be working with Merk on other artists, I assume he would pay you? You can't be expected to live on thin air and part of your work would include possible changes to this site?

I think it is really speculative to think what would be in this proposal that never materialized, but yes, if some suggested changes that I agreed with would require me to quit my job and work full time, yes I would expect to be paid fairly. On the other hand, if they came to me and wanted to do some changes I thought would be good for the site, like add exclusive photos or something that didn't require that much extra work, I would be happy to do that without any compensation. Again I would like to make it clear that by saying I am open to talking, it doesn't mean there was an agreement to do anything, "in principle" or otherwise.

A

Anonymous

If you don't respond back then you win!!! He will stop posting if you do.

Dead Girl

You are trolling aren't you?

Because you have an avatar that shows somebody who looks like Morrissey with blood running out of his mouth. Or what is this red something supposed to be?

Umm, no... I am no troll. At least I didn't appear to be the last time I checked. My avatar? I could explain but I'm sure no one is interested.

Tags
greek interview morrissey solo solow

Trending Threads

Top Bottom