New Morrissey interview in TT Kultur / DN.se, Hallandsposten (Swedish)

Re: New Interview

His views on Sweden are very old and date back to when Sweden did not have problems like we do now. It is a tourists view on a country he knows very little about. The changes in recent years have been dramatic. But he ignores politics so what does he know?

Morrissey interview in TT Kultur / Hallandsposten.se (Swedish)

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey: "Sverige har alltid välkomnat mig" - TT Kultur - Hallandsposten.se

English translation through Google Translate:

Morrissey: "Sweden has always welcomed me"
STOCKHOLM / TT Sweden Aktuelle Morrissey sings because he must. In an extensive interview, pop icon of his views on the music industry, the Swedish fans and the cancer he treated for.We are all dying, he said to TT.

Steven Patrick Morrissey has had an eventful year. The former The Smiths frontman has issued a much awaited autobiography and an almost equally long awaited new studio album.

So far so good. Soon, however, the problem - shortly after the album "World peace is none of your business" was released last summer broke Morrissey collaboration with his label.

- The album had been destroyed if I had let its fate be left in the hands of Harvest Records. Why? To record label boss was incompetent, says Morrissey in an email interview with TT.

"The control that the Gestapo"
As a result of the breakup disc is not longer in service Spotify. Something that many fans find boring - Morrissey himself does not give a lot of digital music services.

- For many years, people used their brains and hearts when they bought a disc. Today, check the record companies what we can and can not get access to. U2 incident is a fascinating example of how limited personal choice has become. We believe that the Internet has given us enormous freedoms, but the record companies control the freedoms that the Gestapo.
He also saw the prevailing idea that the songs are more important than albums.

- It is a figment of the record company did not want to spend money on album covers, photography and marketing, and who do not think enough of the performers to let them do a whole album. It is a kind of execution, said Morrissey.

Afflicted of cancer
Over the past year there have also been many disturbing reports of Morrissey's health. He has been forced to cancel several concerts because of illness and earlier in the fall, he told the Spanish newspaper El Mundo that he had been treated for cancer.

Now Morrissey says that his health is "okay".

- I am under surveillance. But we are all dying. Even when you are sleeping in your bed, you are dying.
TT: What kind of cancer have you treated?

- The modern life cancer ... pollution, food additives, a sky full of 747. How do we stay healthy? It's impossible. I am amused by people who jog along with hard traffic generating pathways. It is a kind of voluntary death, yet they think it's a way to stay healthy.

Welcomed in Sweden

During the coming week makes Morrissey three concerts in Sweden: Lund on November 8, in Gothenburg on November 11 and in Stockholm on 13 November. The Swedish fans have always had a special relationship with Morrissey and vice versa.

- I have always felt that I have been welcomed with some understanding. In other countries, I sometimes put to the test before they decide I'm worth it. I've never been a conventional pop artist, I tend to stand out more than some people can handle. But this has never been to Sweden, he says.

"No gimmicks"
Have you seen Morrissey before you know what you can expect when he must take the Swedish scenes. His concerts are the antithesis of the well organized giant shows that modern pop artists like Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga turn up.

- I've never had any theme. No props, no dancers, spiders made of glass or other gimmicks. I stand there and sing, and I sing because I must do it. I have never felt the need to hide behind a Ziggy Stardust. Not being artificial is perhaps the strangest one would be today?

Linus Brännström / TT

Sidebar:
Morrissey on...

... Sweden:
"There's something pleasant with Sweden that the whole world envies. Sweden is fascinating freely and it can not be ignored. The world is falling apart, yet retains Sweden its integrity and the country performing well on their own. Of course I know that the suicide rate is high in Sweden, but it is high everywhere. It's the human condition. "

... the music industry:
"It's just American music industry types motivated by such things as vanity and power. If the people were controlling the charts would look quite different across the world. But instead created careers and false popularity of marketing and money. The true artists pushed aside because we are not mentally constipated. "

... carnivorous:
"I am shocked by people who feed their babies with dead animals. It depends on the idiotic myth of protein, right? But the strongest animals in the world eats only plants. People do not give their newborn babies cow's milk because they know it's dangerous. Why do they then it's okay that their children will eventually eat cows? Cancerous growth hormones pumped into the animals in factory farming and then goes into the human bloodstream. If you give your baby meat, you might as well give it a cigar and a bottle of whiskey. "

Facts / Morrissey

Steven Patrick Morrissey was born May 22, 1959 in Davyhulme outside Manchester, England.
He became famous as the lead singer of the influential band The Smiths in the early 1980s. The group's debut single "Hand in Glove" was released in 1983 and the following year came the self-titled debut album.
The Smiths split in 1987 after four albums. Morrissey has since devoted himself to his solo career, this summer released his tenth solo album, "World peace is none of your business".
Morrissey is a well-known animal rights activist and has repeatedly made high-profile statements about carnivorous, hunting and animal husbandry.
On 8 November, Morrissey to the Savings Bank Arena in Lund, Sweden, November 11, he plays then Lisebergshallen in Gothenburg and 13 November, he comes to the Royal Court in Stockholm.

Last edited:
Another hilarious few lines....love the comment about jogging around traffic, the sky full of 747s and modern life causing cancer;

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time vegetarian gets pseudo-cancer and blames other peoples' food choices.

All the vegans/vegetarians I have met in real life and online fall into two distinct categories: pale and frail (anemic and vitamin b12 deprived) or large and soft (carb bloated). Have never met a healthy one. I am not kidding.

That's funny because a fitness buff I follow on youtube had testicular cancer and all the trolls are queuing up to tell him that it's because he isn't a vegan that he got cancer.

"I am amused by people who jog along with hard traffic generating pathways. It is a kind of voluntary death, yet they think it's a way to stay healthy."

Oh, who was that guy from that band that ran the 2010 NYC Marathon and jogs a few miles a day... what 'is name????

All the vegans/vegetarians I have met in real life and online fall into two distinct categories: pale and frail (anemic and vitamin b12 deprived) or large and soft (carb bloated). Have never met a healthy one. I am not kidding.

I'm healthy! So that's one.

Nearly every vegetarian/vegan person I know (and I know a lot of them) under the age of 70 is, as far as I know, healthy. Same goes for the omnivorous people I know. I generally don't ask my friends for medical records, though, and I definitely don't rely on a person's appearance to determine their level of health. I guess I just know lots of healthy people! Of course, most people I know are aware that a well-balanced diet is something you need to consciously partake in, and that it's not as simplistic as "I eat meat" or "I don't eat meat." That's just silly—neither one of those distinctions means much in terms of overall health without the rest of a person's diet and lifestyle taken into consideration.

He's really side stepping the cancer questions, isn't he?

I'm sure Matt Walker, a hardcore runner will really appreciate Moz's words. So sitting on your ass in the hotel eating pasta is healthier than going out and running ten miles before a gig?

He's really side stepping the cancer questions, isn't he?

I'm sure Matt Walker, a hardcore runner will really appreciate Moz's words. So sitting on your ass in the hotel eating pasta is healthier than going out and running ten miles before a gig?

yes it is.

His knowledge on cancer is both great and poor at the same and here is why:

It is true we all carry cells that can turn into cancer with time. However, those people running along a motorway have a far better chance to not get cancer than those who don't. That has been researched and someone working out or running will reduce risk of cancer by more than 50%.

It seems Morrissey has very little knowledge about lung capacity which is strange for a singer. There are several cases of people with lung problems that simply by walking or running improved their lungs drastically. The lungs are in many ways organs that need training. They will get better from it. I know this from people I know and loads of documentaries about it.

I get sad that Morrissey seems to have gone into the category of cancer sufferers that sort of give up and thinks that no matter what he does will improve his chances. That simply is not the case and a well trained person will always have a better chance to avoid cancer. Fact of the matter is that someone who has been training will also be far more likely to survive from cancer.

It is not ok when someone like Morrissey creates myths that make some people give up and feel that they are doomed. Lungs will cope with a lot of things and the benefits from training are far too many compared to not doing it at all. I think that when Morrissey gets to know about candida and its impact on cancer he will realise a thing or two. He is far too concentrated on the meat issue at the moment. It is like talking to a wall.

I'm healthy! So that's one.

Nearly every vegetarian/vegan person I know (and I know a lot of them) under the age of 70 is, as far as I know, healthy. Same goes for the omnivorous people I know. I generally don't ask my friends for medical records, though, and I definitely don't rely on a person's appearance to determine their level of health. I guess I just know lots of healthy people! Of course, most people I know are aware that a well-balanced diet is something you need to consciously partake in, and that it's not as simplistic as "I eat meat" or "I don't eat meat." That's just silly—neither one of those distinctions means much in terms of overall health without the rest of a person's diet and lifestyle taken into consideration.

My dearest friend, whom I've known for 28 years, became a vegetarian at age 10 and turned vegan at 20. She battled anorexia when she was 16, but, thankfully, received help from doctors and nutritionists and got back on track to wellness. She's still extremely cautious about her body weight, but she's quite active and all of her numbers are normal. At 41 she is the picture of health. She also carried two beautiful baby boys - both born vegetarian and healthy as horses. A lot of our mutual friends are vegetarians, as well, and all seem to be doing quite well.

This man is a vegan. I've spoken with him in the past. I do some of his workout, it's a killer. Very interesting dude.
He's not pale, puny or sickly.

He doesn't run in traffic and breathe car fumes:)

https://twitter.com/jeffsekerak/media

Last edited by a moderator:
The more he obfuscates over this cancer issue, the more it begins to look like some twisted, sinister publicity tactic. It's not a thing to be taken lightly, and Moz should damn well know that. I'm not saying anyone has a right to know his medical details but having brought it up himself in an interview, surely he owes it to his fans around the world to specifically explain his situation instead of dancing around it. He also seems to be only discussing it in interviews with foreign journalists, thus leading to the inevitable 'lost in translation' guff.

I hope I'm wrong but if he really is laying it on just to get a bit more publicity for the album and tour, well....

I am sure Morrissey had his fair share of cream tea growing up in England. You try giving a kid almond milk. Oh well, we are all going to die one way or another. Might as well enjoy a milkshake from time to time.

Morrissey the persona is as much a construct as Ziggy Stardust, Johnny Rotten or Billy Idol et al. The idea that he is somehow more honest and 'real' as an artiste is laughable. The guy who claimed he never used the internet, yet had an email address for years, the guy who claims not to give a shit about working out, but employed a personal trainer … and on it goes. Like so many, Bowie, Lennon, great artistes but as human beings, as selfish and as self obsessed as the rest of humanity.

Morrissey the persona is as much a construct as Ziggy Stardust, Johnny Rotten or Billy Idol et al. The idea that he is somehow more honest and 'real' as an artiste is laughable. The guy who claimed he never used the internet, yet had an email address for years, the guy who claims not to give a shit about working out, but employed a personal trainer … and on it goes. Like so many, Bowie, Lennon, great artistes but as human beings, as selfish and as self obsessed as the rest of humanity.

Why are you here?

The more he obfuscates over this cancer issue, the more it begins to look like some twisted, sinister publicity tactic. It's not a thing to be taken lightly, and Moz should damn well know that. I'm not saying anyone has a right to know his medical details but having brought it up himself in an interview, surely he owes it to his fans around the world to specifically explain his situation instead of dancing around it. He also seems to be only discussing it in interviews with foreign journalists, thus leading to the inevitable 'lost in translation' guff.

I hope I'm wrong but if he really is laying it on just to get a bit more publicity for the album and tour, well....

That reminds me of a recent news story...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0295c9q

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom