New Morrissey album shortly to be recorded - six songs already complete

A

Anonymous

According to reliable sources, six new songs have already been recorded, and there are imminent plans to go to the studio and finish off enough for a whole album.
The following are presumably the ones that have already been recorded, all rumoured to be Boz Boorer compositions.
  1. Brow of My Beloved
  2. Diana Dors
  3. I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed
  4. Lover To Be
  5. This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
  6. Blue Dreamer's Eyes

According to reliable sources, six new songs have already been recorded, and there are imminent plans to go to the studio and finish off enough for a whole album.
The following are presumably the ones that have already been recorded, all rumoured to be Boz Boorer compositions.
  1. Brow of My Beloved
  2. Diana Dors
  4. Lover To Be
  6. Blue Dreamer's Eyes

As I stated before when I first saw these song titles without the numbering I thought they were songlines from one song :)

this kind of hoax is tragic

the new songs are in fact entitled (and I know this because I've heard them)

1) Rude health
2) Will you be my other
3) The gates of Hell
4) Cherry Pickers
5) Johnny Come lately
6) Charm Offensive

1. Brow of My Beloved
  2. Diana Dors
  4. Lover To Be
  6. Blue Dreamer's Eyes

All of this information was previously available. All of these song titles (and the fact that they were Boz compositions - so there's your "rumor" confirmed) were reported in a previous thread, and we learned from the Joe Chiccarelli video that further recording was happening.

All of this information was previously available. All of these song titles (and the fact that they were Boz compositions - so there's your "rumor" confirmed) were reported in a previous thread, and we learned from the Joe Chiccarelli video that further recording was happening.

Yes, you're right - I just wanted to bring the news of the new song titles, and Jo C's comments about returning to the studio together in one thread. Sorry not trying to steal anyone's thunder.
MM

I reckon me can't wait for Steve to finally release his covers of his beloved Beach Boys and hopefully the Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy duet of Boots will be released from 1998 at the Cat and Fiddle. I reckon Surfin' USA & California Girls will be top mental! I just reckon hope lil' Sammy can get a get pic of Uncle Steve riding his jet ski for the album cover.

As I stated before when I first saw these song titles without the numbering I thought they were songlines from one song :)

Funny, there's an Argentinean band that did the same with Kill Uncle, though translating the titles to Spanish (or "Mexican" as AztecCamera likes it) and then adapting them.

This video is set to begin with that song, "Nuestro Amigo Asiático" (Our Asian Friend)

From the quick translation of an interview:

Who was "Our Asian friend" (track 9 of Hora de No Ver)?

The lyrics come from an idea that Fabio (bassist of Suarez) had whilst playing with the titles of Morrissey's Kill Uncle album. The titles of a record in a back cover and their order are like a text and they say something about the album itself.
Same song, but live:

Too early for a new release and he should at least do the honourable thing and wait a year or two but we all know he's a bit skint now cause male lovers are high maintenance.

Everyone is guessing so here is my tip for song titles.

1. Johnny on the spot

2. Making love at IKEA

3. Brexit for breakfast

4. Fat lady none the wiser

5. Very late in Deansgate

6. My mother and I and a Yorkshire pie

I hear the tracks are mostly written by the guys from Blues Traveler and the titles are

1: Tickles on muh dangus
2. If you Steve (don't Steve now)
3. That one song about baloney
4. I wrote a Political song and all Boz got was this lousy T Shirt
5. I smell meat, and I hope it's dry and overcooked
6. Oral sex is vegan because penis does not count as meat
7. I want to yodel on your churro
8. I wrote this song about Politics and everyone complained
9. Stirring epic that's somehow really familiar on the first listen
10. I was Low in High School so I made a new record and gave it the old college try
11. Email interviewer in a coma (with his face on the keyboard)
12. Hava Nagila

Let's stay at rumour level shall we - definitive assertions are ridiculous at this point.
If the song title 'registry' being used to 'confirm' things is something done in advance - how and why did Low In High School manage to avoid song titles appearing on it?
Why is said site never used or cited by the music industry/press to disclose music news?
Sam made an ambiguous comment about live B Sides last November ("B - Sides could be singles!") and that was immediately morphed in to deluxe album = confirmed.
Mostly by the quality 'researchers' on the FB Morrissey group (which is like this site if this site had a head injury).
Then take Joe's comment and add it to Sam's - sprinkle in some song titles and hey presto... a new album is about to happen...seriously?
Chuck in 2 anon's 'definitely' knowing song titles on here and that MUST make it even more real to some.
Sigh.
FWD.

Last edited:
I hear the tracks are mostly written by the guys from Blues Traveler and the titles are

10. I was Low in High School so I made a new record and gave it the old college try
12. Hava Nagila

Bonus track:

Fungus for me, fungus for jew

Let's stay at rumour level shall we - definitive assertions are ridiculous at this point.
If the song title 'registry' being used to 'confirm' things is something done in advance - how and why did Low In High School manage to avoid song titles appearing on it?
Why is said site never used or cited by the music industry/press to disclose music news?
Sam made an ambiguous comment about live B Sides last November ("B - Sides could be singles!") and that was immediately morphed in to deluxe album = confirmed.
Mostly by the quality 'researchers' on the FB Morrissey group (which is like this site if this site had a head injury).
Then take Joe's comment and add it to Sam's - sprinkle in some song titles and hey presto... a new album is about to happen...seriously?
Chuck in 2 anon's 'definitely' knowing song titles on here and that MUST make it even more real to some.
Sigh.
FWD.

This site has numerous head injuries. It's a wonder it made it off the operating table.

this site had stitches before it even began.

New songs are for the Deluxe LIHS album. Too soon for new album and also it’s debatable whether the record company will fund and release another album.

12. Hava Nagila

Congratulations! You are now officially the only poster on Morrissey-Solo who is less funny than AztecWanker. Quite an achievement. I doff my cap...

Congratulations! You are now officially the only poster on Morrissey-Solo who is less funny than AztecWanker. Quite an achievement. I doff my cap...
Thank you. I give at least half of my ass in effort and the validation means a LOT to me.

New songs are for the Deluxe LIHS album. Too soon for new album and also it’s debatable whether the record company will fund and release another album.

That does sound more plausible. Odd, though, that Jo C would intimate that a new album is the plan (and to do so very recently i.e. in Jan 2018). If he'd got the wrong end of the stick that might be another reason why someone took down the footage.
The song titles do sound much more encouraging than any of the LIHS ones, though, so I hope we get to hear them soon.

1. Brow of My Beloved
  2. Diana Dors
  4. Lover To Be
  6. Blue Dreamer's Eyes

OMG. Can - anyone - keep - ANYTHING - secret ?

Number 1 and 2 and 3 and 5 and 6 above ARE definitely correct.
and you should add: KENNEDY to that list.

This is because all of these items have now been published (and copyrighted.)

Now let's wait and see....

x

Ding dong along the size of my schlong (longer than yours hung like a horse)

Morrissey and the Manic Street Preachers.

Back
Top Bottom