New Manics Album: Journal For Plague Lovers

the Manics just posted on their myspace:

Journal For Plague Lovers & Live Dates

Album Announcement

As we previously advised, we have been making music - to be more specific, we have been in Rockfield studio in Wales with Mr Steve Albini recording a new album, Journal For Plague Lovers.

All 13 songs on the new record feature lyrics left to us by Richey. The brilliance and intelligence of the lyrics dictated that we had to finally use them. The use of language is stunning and topics include The Grande Odalisque by Ingres, Marlon Brando, Giant Haystacks, celebrity, consumerism and dysmorphia, all reiterating the genius and intellect of Richard James Edwards.

The record is scheduled for release on 18th May and will be available on CD, deluxe 2 CD, download and LP.

The full tracklisting is as follows:

Album-200.jpg

Peeled Apples
Jackie Collins Existential Question Time
Me and Stephen Hawking
This Joke Sport Severed
Journal For Plague Lovers
She Bathed Herself In A Bath Of Bleach
Facing Page: Top Left
Marlon J.D.
Doors Closing Slowly
All Is Vanity
Pretension/Repulsion
Virginia State Epileptic Colony
William’s Last Words
An original piece of Jenny Saville’s art is the cover for Journal for Plague Lovers, one of her paintings also graced the cover of 1994’s The Holy Bible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live Dates

We are planning a small tour of the UK in May/June, full details of which are below. Tickets go on sale at 9.30am on Friday 27th March and the full list of dates is as follows:

May
Mon 25th - Barrowlands, Glasgow
Tue 26th - Venue Cymru Arena, Llandudno
Thu 28th - Camden Roundhouse, London
Fri 29th - Camden Roundhouse, London
Sat 30th - Camden Roundhouse, London

June
Mon 1st - Civic Hall, Wolverhampton
Tue 2nd - Dome, Brighton
Thu 4th - Olympia, Dublin
Sat 6th - Ulster Hall, Belfast

Tickets will be available here from 9.30 am on Friday!

Love
Nicky, James and Sean

:D :thumb: :guitar:

great news, hope its better than the last album though and lets have some dates in the norf of ingerland boys

Will be interested to hear this album. Steve Albini is one of my favourite record producers and the manics were also a favourite until they started pumping out stadium mor rock after everything must go. I find it strange now that they have used Richey's lyrics but I'm curious to hear the results. Nicky Wire never really did it for me in his lyric writing...

Really looking forward to this, I loves the Manics :D.
I'm gonna try and go to one of the shows at the Roundhouse, can't be the 30th though cos of Moz, so either 28th or 29th :p.

Love The Manics, can't wait to hear the new album. Disappointed they aren't playing in the North East but am going to try to get a ticket for Glasgow, don't want to miss this chance to hear the songs on Journal ......, don't think they'll ever play any of the songs from it live again after this tour.

This is great news.......:guitar: Ta for the news...:D

Back
Top Bottom