New Johnny Marr single: The Tracers

Can't get over how well Marr looks for his age. Can you believe he's 54? Poor Moz has looked 60 for the last 15 years.

I watched the video for "Spent the Day in Bed" immediately after Tracers. Frustrating. Morrissey's voice has never been better at any point in his career - it's fantastic. But what f***ing nonsense he is wasting it on!

Seems a little harsh, Amy. The critical consensus from the reviews was that the music to Low in High School was surprisingly good, but that the main problem was the lyrics. Guess you disagree with this. I love the music to Israel, for example (much more than this Marr offering) but some of the lyrics are just idiotic.
I've a lot of time for Marr - bought both solo albums and seen him live lots but he just seems to have forgotten how to write distinctive, catchy, melodic music. 3 or 4 great songs on Messenger but none at all on the last one, and this song is very disappointing considering he's had 4 years to come up with it. Morrissey singing along to the Tracers music would just be indistinctive indie guitar pop. I prefer the musical palette of the last two Morrissey albums to what Marr's doing, although hopefully Marr's new album will be more adventurous and more melodic, but this single does not bode well. Marr does indeed look pretty youthful but the hairdye makes a massive difference.

If you look closely Johnny looks his age. Now add some grey hair and he would lose more years. Moz has certainly aged a lot during the last couple of years but 15 years ago would be 2003. He didn't look 60 in 2003.

TWP8645-copy.jpg
I actually think the dyed hair is quite ageing. It makes his features look hard. If you're going to cover grey you need to go lighter, not darker. Although eventually even that will catch up with you and look ridiculous, as Cliff has been showing us all this week.

OMG, Johnny looks 28 years old here - just gorgeous! What a sweet picture, lucky lady!!
Must've been a rough 28 years, he looks at least 42. Seriously though, the guy seems like a real class act.

Regards,
FWD.

I sometimes wonder if Morrissey worked with Vini Reilly just because he looked a bit like Johnny Marr. Only more so.

I thought the same about Little Barrie, although that resemblance is deliberate on his part. When I first saw this back in 2004 (not knowing LB at all), I did a double take.

Isn't Angie Lewis like a fan from waaaaayyyyyyyy back? I seem to remember a similar name in fanzines. I see she's wearing a Moz t shirt, probably the closest we'll ever get to seeing M&M in the same room, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom