New Johnny Marr feature in German "Musikexpress"

Wait a minute, Johnny goes on tour with the Killers later this year. Which means he will be invited on stage to perform a Smiths song with the Killers with Brandon doing the singing part. Lots of kids will like it and for a few of them, it may well be their introduction to the music of the Smiths. As much as I would like things to be differently, I think Johnny is currently in the better position to keep the flame of the Smiths aliv.

I agree with you that Morrissey has done a lot to keep the legacy of the Smiths alive over a period of nearly 30 years and that hasn’t hurt Johnny a bit.
Obviously I don't agree with you and the Killers doing covers is not anything to get excited about and it means Johnny can't do this alone, as usual

Johnny would be better off doing an album with Bobby Gillespie. I never was a big fan of Primal Scream, just liked a few songs here and there, but I really liked the album Bobby did with Jehnny Beth (from Savages, a band Morrissey seems to like). Of course, they could still invite Siouxie to provide guest vocals., assuming she still has a good voice at this stage.

That would be a possibility

But I’m gonna dream big! Lol

If he doesn’t work with Patti, then.

In voice,in mind, in presence, Siouxsie is ten times more interesting than Bobby G, and would be a far more interesting combination if Johnny teamed up with her. But that’s just my opinion.

Last edited:
Obviously I don't agree with you and the Killers doing covers is not anything to get excited about and it means Johnny can't do this alone, as usual
I don’t like the Killers that much and wouldn’t pay to see them live (with or without Johnny joining them onstage for a cover of This Charming Man) but they are a very popular band. So I thought it was still a way to familiarise younger generations with the music of the Smiths.
Johnny can’t sing as well as Morrissey, there’s no arguing about that.

That would be a possibility

But I’m gonna dream big! Lol

If he doesn’t work with Patti, then.

In voice,in mind, in presence, Siouxsie is ten times more interesting than Bobby G, and would be a far more interesting combination if Johnny teamed up with her. But that’s just my opinion.
Siouxie is definitely the queen of 80s indie, and Johnny’s music strikes me as frozen in that era. So why not?

I don’t like the Killers that much and wouldn’t pay to see them live (with or without Johnny joining them onstage for a cover of This Charming Man) but they are a very popular band. So I thought it was still a way to familiarise younger generations with the music of the Smiths.
I am not a Killers fan, I honestly think Morrissey is the obvious choice to keep the legacy alive

I'm not a fan either but enjoyed their performance of This Charming Man at Glastonbury (with Johnny) not sure if he will join them on stage but as you say it would be good from an introduction to The Smiths music if he did. It could also be a good introduction at Cruel World if Morrissey plays a couple of Smiths songs.

Last edited:
:)
set that poor guitar FREE FFS:swear
:handpointright: :guardsman::handpointleft: playing the wrong chords out of tune again.:lbf:
WtT was that?:lbf:
and the cad from the killers acting as if he were Sammy Davis Jr:lbf:

total shanda:)

:hammer:

I'm not a fan either but enjoyed their performance of This Charming Man at Glastonbury (with Johnny) not sure if he will join them on stage but as you say it would be good from an introduction to The Smiths music if he did. It could be a good introduction to The Smiths at Cruel World as well if Morrissey plays a couple of Smiths songs as well.

This song has such a recognizable and wonderful guitar intro, and Johnny obviously knows how to play it (unlike Jesse).
Brandon’s delivery turns it into a rock anthem, a little too much for my taste, but that is his style.
I wonder if Alain can play it properly, as he will probably be the second guitarist at Cruel World.

I think he still takes drugs.

A genuine question, Redacted — can you tell us why you say that?

I will add that I think some drugs can make many people oblivious to others and I wonder if there might be a drug dimension in Marr's recent responses to Morrissey.

I will add that I think some drugs can make many people oblivious to others and I wonder if there might be a drug dimension in Marr's recent responses to Morrissey.

Just as one wonders how much alcohol was consumed before Morrissey had the nerve to write and post an open letter to Johnny.

Sure, here is my entire post

I'd rather Morrissey's name never come of out Marr's mouth again and I don't like him talking about other bands I like either, like Gang of Four. Leave Bryan Ferry alone too.

Oh, yes, musical outlaw that he is has single handedly make rock ok again :crazy:

I can't even address his gibberish about Electronic, I think he still takes drugs.

I think what he says makes very little sense, he is very repetitive in interviews and he seems to be out of control in the things he says. Either he is just very cold and cruel or he is not in his right mind because he fails to recognize the negative reactions he causes, even among his own fans during some of his twitter outbursts. They were telling him to calm down over the Rick Astley thing and that he was behaving badly, he didn't care, he just fought back and a lot of these tweets to him were expressing love to him but disappointment in his behavior. A little while back he was arguing with a woman who ran into him at some sports event, she did not know who he is but I think mistook him for someone else and said hi. Apparently he went off on her accusing her of wanting a selfie with him when she said she never asked for one. When she posted to him about how rude he was to her that day his response was very over the top and irrational.

Also, the absolute paranoia about any association with Morrissey, I don't see other people who have worked with him act like that.

Thank you, Redacted! Things to digest there . . .

Sure, here is my entire post

I'd rather Morrissey's name never come of out Marr's mouth again and I don't like him talking about other bands I like either, like Gang of Four. Leave Bryan Ferry alone too.

Oh, yes, musical outlaw that he is has single handedly make rock ok again :crazy:

I can't even address his gibberish about Electronic, I think he still takes drugs.

I think what he says makes very little sense, he is very repetitive in interviews and he seems to be out of control in the things he says. Either he is just very cold and cruel or he is not in his right mind because he fails to recognize the negative reactions he causes, even among his own fans during some of his twitter outbursts. They were telling him to calm down over the Rick Astley thing and that he was behaving badly, he didn't care, he just fought back and a lot of these tweets to him were expressing love to him but disappointment in his behavior. A little while back he was arguing with a woman who ran into him at some sports event, she did not know who he is but I think mistook him for someone else and said hi. Apparently he went off on her accusing her of wanting a selfie with him when she said she never asked for one. When she posted to him about how rude he was to her that day his response was very over the top and irrational.

Also, the absolute paranoia about any association with Morrissey, I don't see other people who have worked with him act like that.

By the way, I follow JM on Twitter and that person who accused him of being rude was a liar. She said she went to school with him but she was in her 40's and he is 58. Then when caught in that lie, she said he went to her father's barbershop. As if JM would go to a barbershop!

By the way, I follow JM on Twitter and that person who accused him of being rude was a liar. She said she went to school with him but she was in her 40's and he is 58. Then when caught in that lie, she said he went to her father's barbershop. As if JM would go to a barbershop!
You're right. Ahhngie cuts and dyes his hair at the kitchen table while he sits in his booster seat.

Tags
german johnny marr press
Back
Top Bottom