New J K Rowling book announced

This is an absolutely fascinating insight to Alan Rickman's world over a ten year period. Definitely worth reading, and not just for his Harry Potter diary entries.

I learned today that JK Rowling has given shitloads of money to MS research. ❤️

This is an absolutely fascinating insight to Alan Rickman's world over a ten year period. Definitely worth reading, and not just for his Harry Potter diary entries.

I'm late to the thread, but thank you for the link. This was a very enjoyable read. Some disappointments: he hangs out with Sting, loves Coldplay, and while he respects Liam Gallagher as a singer, he doesn't care for his persona. Say what you will, Rickman, but I don't think Liam Gallagher ever wore muscle t-shirts and tried to be the patron saint of the Amazon like Sting did. I'll prefer "the little tantrums, the hair & glasses and showy walk and witless rudeness."

“JK Rowling will stand the test of time”​

Verso clearly knows that, but is asking the question Why? Something I’ve never understood myself either. Children‘s Fantasy books read by grown ups.

Read everything. Irrespective of the targeted audience. Works the other way too as long as the kids can understand the text, themes, sub-text etc. If they can’t, then they won’t read them. Adults read comics, play video games and watch films that are targeted at the younger gen. No difference. Anyone watched the new Mario movie yet???

Also, the Harry Potter novels are just great works of fiction.

The cake boycott is a lie.

“All eight of the Harry Potter films hit Netflix's top 10 most-watched chart just days after they were added to the streaming platform despite trans activists demanding a boycott of JK Rowling's work

LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle And Grounds​

1-2.webp

“Pre-order HERE for $169.99, the set ships on September 1, 2023.”

Back
Top Bottom