Morrissey Central "NEW GUITARIST" (April 13, 2023)

Carmen Vandenberg (below) will play guitars with Jesse Tobias in the new
line-up for Morrissey's forthcoming July concerts in Israel, Ireland and Britain.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
for all we know it might have been alain that got the new lassie the job in the band with his la connections, he must know a lot of musicians,football teams have a shelf life of 3/4 years then players leave and new ones come in,same as people in work,why should a band be any different,its only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

Last edited:
His Friend (Darren) has commented.

Well, I'm certainly sorry to hear that. I think it's pretty terrible news honestly. What did he comment?

Morrissey is surely a talented enough singer and lyricist...I was hoping that Alain's songs could help push him into a more solid musical future. For myself, I was certainly excited for Alain being back in, with all he could contribute to the Morrissey Band (vox, guitars, songwriting). It's just a shame really. Even just Alain working w/Gustavo and Jesse - in terms of writing music - could have been something special.

Last edited:
Juan Galeano has posted an update from Tel Aviv on his Insta feed so he appears to be on board. Brendan also sharing a lot of M content so fingers crossed there will be some continuity. Great players IMHO, so welcome news if confirmed.

From Facebook. I would say this qualifies as part of the public record since AW is naming names.

He added: "The door is open but there needs to be some change." In my opinion, it's very much a shame that M would not see fit to make changes on the backstage/administrative side if at least one of his chief collaborators felt this way. 🤷‍♂️

1689271347668.png

From Facebook. I would say this qualifies as part of the public record since AW is naming names.

He added: "The door is open but there needs to be some change." In my opinion, it's very much a shame that M would not see fit to make changes on the backstage/administrative side if at least one of his chief collaborators felt this way. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 93095

well that settles why he, and most likely Gustavo left.

I think dneuer (?) may have mentioned that he thinks Morrissey isn’t being told all that goes on.
So I guess one can speculate that Morrissey may believe that tour management is making the right decisions?

View attachment 93095
When you consider that M is a guy with form for firing producers/managers/crew at the drop of hat for basically looking at him the wrong way, it's even more unfathomable. What tour manager could be of more value to the band than a songwriter? A well-liked, popular, prolific songwriter at that, plus another multi-instrumentalist. It doesn't make sense. I get the feeling - and not for the first time - that because Morrissey is a bit "removed" from the band and has to delegate some matters because he's a non-musician, he can be misled.

When you consider that M is a guy with form for firing producers/managers/crew at the drop of hat for basically looking at him the wrong way, it's even more unfathomable. What tour manager could be of more value to the band than a songwriter? A well-liked, popular, prolific songwriter at that, plus another multi-instrumentalist. It doesn't make sense. I get the feeling - and not for the first time - that because Morrissey is a bit "removed" from the band and has to delegate some matters because he's a non-musician, he can be misled.

I would concur that the fashion in which he keeps most of the band at arm's length allows latitude for bad actors to operate in. The only upside to be gleaned from this is that M and Alain would truly seem to be on good terms. It didn't seem so for several years after 2009.

I guess if I was in M's shoes and it came to light that an admin was the source of concerns for members of my band, I'd get more directly involved and want an explanation. But I've long since resigned myself to the fact that there's no such thing as normal in his milieu.

I would concur that the fashion in which he keeps most of the band at arm's length allows latitude for bad actors to operate in. The only upside to be gleaned from this is that M and Alain would truly seem to be on good terms. It didn't seem so for several years after 2009.

I guess if I was in M's shoes and it came to light that an admin was the source of concerns for members of my band, I'd get more directly involved and want an explanation. But I've long since resigned myself to the fact that there's no such thing as normal in his milieu.
Exactly. These are the situations which make it seem as though Jesse is pulling the strings and Moz is just going along with it. I understand that he has got to trust the 'band leader' because he can't direct the band himself, but God. Surely he recognises that things weren't this bad when Boz was in charge, and wonders what's up?

Exactly. These are the situations which make it seem as though Jesse is pulling the strings and Moz is just going along with it. I understand that he has got to trust the 'band leader' because he can't direct the band himself, but God. Surely he recognises that things weren't this bad when Boz was in charge, and wonders what's up?

as I said, not unless M is not being told all that goes on, or being outright lied to.

This may be done to protect M from worry, and to keep their jobs. This happens in most boss and employee situations.

More speculation, but we don’t know M’s mind state, and he just at this time may need to trust people that he’s always put his trust in before.

as I said, not unless M is not being told all that goes on, or being outright lied to.

This may be done to protect M from worry, and to keep their jobs. This happens in most boss and employee situations.

More speculation, but we don’t know M’s mind state, and he just at this time may need to trust people that he’s always put his trust in before.
I said the same earlier too - that it's possible he is being misled to some extent.

We just don’t know. But he seems genuinely very pleased with having Carmen on board.

it’s impossible to see how long this line up will last. It’s also up to the two new members, and how they feel. We need to remember that the band members and their working relationship with an artist like Morrissey is probably very different from working with frontpersons in other bands or projects that they’ve been in. And in context of this thread, I’m not even bringing in Jesse or the tour management situation. For now, it seems every one is rolling with it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom