New Franz Ferdinand song

A

Aly Panic

The Fallen. It's alright, better than the current single.
It's just been played on 6 Music www.bbc.co.uk/6music

PANIC

That sonGs absolute RUBBISH! ! !

The only song I like off the albuM is Walk Away.. What a let down, I shan't be purchasing it that's for sure

Hype

Franz Ferdinand's trouble now is that their first album was hyped up too much but Indie stuff is mainstream stuff nowadays.

Panic

Re: Hype

i really disagree.
without franz ferdinand and maybe a couple of other acts, indie wouldn't be as mainstream as it is now and you would all be crying out for people to listen to this.
i think they're so incredibly sharp as a band and they have taken new directions with the album with such musically gentler songs such as walk away and fade together. i like the vocals on this one too.
i admit tho that the new song is not up to much other than being the most catchy new song on the radio by far. but someone's gotta record that and it might as well be them!
they talk a lot more sense than most other young bands out there if you actually listen to them interviewed by someone with more than the obligatory 3 brain cells or read the blogs on their site. funny guys.

Re: Hype

They are not actually very young are they? Early thirties.

And I think "indie" went mainstream long before FF came along.

Their first album is very samey, similar riffs used on every song. Is this the same?

I think the album is fantastic.

I've had the album for a while, and I absolutely LOVE it, although I agree that the single isn't so great.

"Evil and a Heathen", "Eleanor Put Your Boots Back On" and "Walk Away" are excellent. "You Could Have It So Much Better" (the song) is bloody incredible.

Both songs provoked me to seek out and employ an ice-pick to the speakers.

> The Fallen. It's alright, better than the current single.
> It's just been played on 6 Music www.bbc.co.uk/6music

i was just about to go to bed last night when xfm said they were playing the whole album and interviewing them after every track so i had to stay up to 1am but it was well wrth it for "Fade Together" alone

> i was just about to go to bed last night when xfm said they were playing
> the whole album and interviewing them after every track so i had to stay
> up to 1am but it was well wrth it for "Fade Together" alone

yeh, i spent virtually all day listening to that track on monday..! found it really moving. does nick sing this do you know? the voice sounds slightly different to alex's usual sound.
how do u get xfm? i live in wales where you dont seem to be able to pick up anything other than the bbc, which is a bit crap. nothing against the bbc other than daytime radio 1 but i'd love to get kerrang or virgin as well! ggrrr.

> yeh, i spent virtually all day listening to that track on monday..! found
> it really moving. does nick sing this do you know? the voice sounds
> slightly different to alex's usual sound.
> how do u get xfm? i live in wales where you dont seem to be able to pick
> up anything other than the bbc, which is a bit crap. nothing against the
> bbc other than daytime radio 1 but i'd love to get kerrang or virgin as
> well! ggrrr.

i know its a quality song, puts me in mind of "asleep", but then i'm always searching for tenuous links to Moz in everything. re: the radio, have you got a DAB? i just invested in one so i can get xfm when i got to uni coz as soon as you drive out of london the signal goes. alternatively if you get digital tv you should be able to get some good radio stations.

> i know its a quality song, puts me in mind of "asleep", but then
> i'm always searching for tenuous links to Moz in everything. re: the
> radio, have you got a DAB? i just invested in one so i can get xfm when i
> got to uni coz as soon as you drive out of london the signal goes.
> alternatively if you get digital tv you should be able to get some good
> radio stations.

oh btw judging by the interview it was Alex singing and he was a bit cagey about talking about the track as it was "so personal" ... hmm intriguing!

Back
Top Bottom