New 'Dig!' article on 'Some Girls are Bigger Than Others' (June 27, 2022)

Aubrey McFate

Burn down the disco
jesus .

Let's be honest, Marr would cream his skinny jeans to come up with a song (story) idea, words and vocal that is even a 1/3 as original as M (even on a bad day)
I'm not a Marr hater (in fact I have that ilk on block) but jeez, does Marr play in the pool of Rock cliche, faux spiritual leanings and all.

I think Morrissey and Marr were equals in the Smiths partnership. There is a poster on this forum who thinks Morrissey made a pact with a demon, but I think if anyone did such a thing, it was Johnny Marr. He had four years of unspeakable genius, but he could never replicate it thereafter. He retained his technical ability, yet lost his creative muse. He became a mortal after leaving the Smiths.

Last edited:

Ketamine Sun

Now, today, tomorrow and always
I think Morrissey and Marr were equals in the Smiths partnership. There is a poster on this forum who thinks Morrissey made a pact with a demon, but I think if anyone did such a thing, it was Johnny Marr. He had four years of unspeakable genius, but he could never replicate it thereafter.

He retained his technical ability, yet lost his creative muse. He became a mortal after leaving the Smiths.

the creative muse that he lost was Morrissey.

A

Andrew McMaster

I think Morrissey and Marr were equals in the Smiths partnership. There is a poster on this forum who thinks Morrissey made a pact with a demon, but I think if anyone did such a thing, it was Johnny Marr. He had four years of unspeakable genius, but he could never replicate it thereafter. He retained his technical ability, yet lost his creative muse. He became a mortal after leaving the Smiths.
Johnny isn't a small-minded racist. Shame that flaw ruined Morrissey. He was ashamed long enough to pretend his flirting with fascism was in jest until he foolishly felt it was the right time to demonstrate being a bigot was marketable. It isn't.

Ketamine Sun

Now, today, tomorrow and always
Yes Morrissey maintained his dignity.

Top Bottom