'Dig!' article on 'Some Girls are Bigger Than Others' (June 27, 2022)

One of Johnny’s greatest moments. Absolutely ridiculously gorgeous composition.

And Morrissey’s contribution wasn’t bad either.

‘frivolous’ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes let’s be predictable and put some heavy words to a melancholic tune :sleeping: Isn’t ‘I Know’ and ‘I Never’ enough for one album. I believe Morrissey may even if had this in mind when thinking of the album as a whole, and got a kick out of singing what wasn’t expected.

‘KICKING AWAY FROM THE MUNDANE EVERYDAY’

And Morrissey’s contribution wasn’t bad either.

‘frivolous’ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes let’s be predictable and put some heavy words to a melancholic tune, :sleeping: isn’t ‘I Know’ and ‘I Never’ enough for one album. I believe Morrissey may even if had this in mind when thinking of the album as a whole, and/or as usual got a kick out of doing, saying and singing what wasn’t expected.

‘KICKING AWAY FROM THE MUNDANE EVERYDAY’
“Send me the pillow
The one that you dream on
And I’ll send you mine”
is certainly not frivolous in meaning or delivery. I love Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.

What a gorgeous guitar part! Hoping Johnny Marr plays this when I see him with the Killers!
Luckily he'll be on before The Killers. So you can go home early and avoid being blinded by Branded Weed's fake white gnashers.

It amazes me how they went from the sharp indie debut album Hot Fuss to an OK second album Sam's Town to absolute musak mush for all subsequent albums. And became fake on stage with the phony smiles. Sorry that's just my opinion and I know a lot of people like them.

02nhxg5vyqb41.png

Last edited:
Is 'Some girls....' about overall body size or bust size? The Carry On Cleopatra reference makes me think Moz meant breasts. Cor ooh snigger.

Luckily he'll be on before The Killers. So you can go home early and avoid being blinded by Branded Weed's fake white gnashers.

It amazes me how they went from the sharp indie debut album Hot Fuss to an OK second album Sam's Town to absolute musak mush for all subsequent albums. And became fake on stage with the phony smiles. Sorry that's just my opinion and I know a lot of people like them.
Solid first two albums the rest 🤢

Is 'Some girls....' about overall body size or bust size? The Carry On Cleopatra reference makes me think Moz meant breasts. Cor ooh snigger.
I don’t think it’s about either. I think it’s - deliberately - a beautiful song, with a beautiful melody and a beautiful (arguable) voice, about the most frivolous of topics.
I genuinely think the song and its placing on the album is a work of art.

I remember watching John Doran interview Marr and straight up ask him if he feels disappointment at the lyrics written to SGABTO’s melody and composition. Interview available via YT.

I like to think it’s about breasts. It’s a sly sequel to “let me get my hands on your mammary glands.”

I don’t think it’s about either. I think it’s - deliberately - a beautiful song, with a beautiful melody and a beautiful (arguable) voice, about the most frivolous of topics.
I genuinely think the song and its placing on the album is a work of art.
So you're saying it's not about anything and the lyrics could have been "lah lah lah" and not changed the intended meaning?

the smiths is morrissey
the music is good but without morrissey's voice and lyrics it could have been just a plain band

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom