New Depeche Mode album "Memento Mori" and world tour announced

This Charming Bowie

Welcome to this knockabout world
BERLIN, GERMANY (October 4, 2022) - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2020 inductees Depeche Mode announced today at a special event in Berlin that they will be releasing a new album and embarking on a world tour in 2023. The Memento Mori Tour will support the band's forthcoming 15th studio album, Memento Mori, due out in Spring 2023.

In a break from tradition, Dave Gahan and Martin Gore revealed today that the Live Nation-presented tour will begin with a special, limited series of North American arena dates starting March 23rd, before the band heads to Europe for their summer stadium tour. These limited North American dates will feature stops at New York's Madison Square Garden, Chicago's United Center, Los Angeles' Kia Forum and Toronto's Scotiabank Arena, among others. The band will then begin their European stadium tour on May 16th, with noted stops including the Stade de France in Paris, Berlin's Olympic Stadium, Milan's San Siro Stadium, and London's Twickenham Stadium.

In speaking about Memento Mori, Martin Gore commented, "We started work on this project early in the pandemic, and its themes were directly inspired by that time. After Fletch's passing, we decided to continue as we're sure this is what he would have wanted, and that has really given the project an extra level of meaning." Dave Gahan added, "Fletch would have loved this album. We're really looking forward to sharing it with you soon, and we can't wait to present it to you live at the shows next year."

The Memento Mori Tour will be Depeche Mode's 19th tour and their first in over five years. The band's most recent outing, the 2017-2018 Global Spirit Tour was its longest to date and was one of the year's highest grossing tours, with the band playing to more than 3 million fans over the course of 130 shows across Europe and North America.

Memento Mori will be Depeche Mode's 15th studio album and the follow-up to 2017's critically acclaimed Spirit, which reached #1 in 11 territories, charting in the Top 5 in more than 20 others. Memento Mori will be released worldwide in Spring 2023 via Columbia Records.

Having sold more than 100 million records and played to more than 35 million fans worldwide, Depeche Mode remains an ever-evolving and singularly influential musical force. An indelible inspiration to fans, critics and artists alike, Depeche Mode continues to forge ahead, with the Memento Mori album and tour representing the opening of the newest chapter of a peerless and ongoing legacy.

1664883709761.png

(new song snippet)

the teaser sounds lovely. I really can't wait for this.

Me either....what a day....first the live PK in Berlin and those news and tonight M in M!

Definitely not the real thing... Both the audio and the video are mixed from the teaser... Creative though...

I can't wait to hear the actual song...! :)

Hats off then to whoever put it together. It's definitely making me eager for the real thing. Does anyone else hear a bit of hooky's bass line from Bizarre Love Triangle?

Erm, I somehow missed this? Did anyone check it out?

Kurt Uenala Announces Collaborative EP With Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode, Shares New Song “G.O.D.”​

Manuscript EP Due Out December 16 via hfn

Kurt Uenala has announced the release of a new collaborative EP with Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode. The EP, entitled Manuscript, will be out on December 16 via hfn. Uenala has also shared a new song from the EP, “G.O.D.” Listen to it and view the EP’s tracklist/cover art below.

The EP was recorded remotely between Uenala and Gahan. “I always wondered what he was writing in the notebook,” Uenala says of Gahan in a press release, “but I never pried. During one of our check-ins I eventually asked what he was scribbling down when he was off in some corner, or standing on his own, next to a studio window.”

Gahan adds: “I’m not sure why, or when, exactly, I wrote these short pieces. I knew they were never to be songs. I do know that they were written when I was alone. Sometimes in a hotel room. Where? I can’t recall. Sometimes standing by the ocean, or walking the beach in winter. Sometimes on the empty streets of New York City, during the lockdown. Always whilst feeling the beauty, power, and loneliness of a world beyond me.”

Depeche Mode’s forthcoming album, Memento Mori, will be out in Spring 2023.

Manuscript Tracklist:

1. Cracks Are Showing
2. Longing
3. Get Out
4. G.O.D.
5. I Think Not

It's happeningggggggggg!!!

Don't understand how dm became so megahuge touring act while solo moz and new order can barely sell out 2000 people venues.

If someone could give this to me that'd be great.

Untitled.png

Very The Seventh Seal:

almost has that 'enjoy the silence' effect, in terms of just overall mid tempo and simplicity. Just a nice pop song, certainly a lot more accessible than anything they've done in decades. They could play this on the radio in 1995, now it fits on YouTube easily.

Very strong single.

Don't understand how dm became so megahuge touring act while solo moz and new order can barely sell out 2000 people venues.
Sometimes you just gotta get out of your cave and see the world, your life will be better :thumb:
That's all there is

Back
Top Bottom