New Depeche Mode album "Memento Mori" and world tour announced

Single for Wagging Tongue coming soon.

Video coming out on May 24.

Don't understand how dm became so megahuge touring act while solo moz and new order can barely sell out 2000 people venues.
Because his shows are much more entertaining... Dave is great at entertaining an audience. I cant speak for moz because never seen him live but new order is really boring (the only worth it is Hook).

Because his shows are much more entertaining... Dave is great at entertaining an audience. I cant speak for moz because never seen him live but new order is really boring (the only worth it is Hook).

Like U2, DM did the work. They toured endlessly and repetitively, and didn't flake out cancelling tours. For example, Moz cancelled a lot of shows or didn't tour (especially in the US), and New Order abdicated touring in the 90's, playing just 17 shows between 1989 and 2001.

In the same period, U2 and DM toured the US at stadium and arena level 4 times. And that's why DM play stadiums. They kept the momentum going. If you got into New Order in 1989 aged 16 but just missed them - unless you saw one of their 9 arena shows in the 1993 - you likely didn't get a chance to really see them in the US until you were 32 in 2005.

The quality of the shows are totally different... As I said before, Dave IS an entertainer, reminds me a little bit of Robbie Williams in that sense.
But Sumner can't entertain even the pensioners his age that go to his concerts. It also doesn't help when you insult your audience or go on stage totally drunk/high like the 81 Glastonbury festival. If you watch the footage on YT there was a lot of people saying they'd ask for their money back if there.

1686699531368.jpg

Depeche Mode: Sounds Of The Universe The 12" Singles.
Released 04/08/2023 via Sony
7LP Black Vinyl Box Set - £166.99

"Sounds of The Universe The 12" Singles, a deluxe collector's edition box set, contains seven 12" vinyl discs presenting singles-including Wrong, Peace, the double A-side Fragile Tension/Hole To Feed-alongside B-sides, remixes, dub versions and other recordings contemporaneous to Depeche Mode's 12th studio album, Sounds Of The Universe, originally released by Mute Records in April 2009.
Sounds of The Universe The 12" Singles offers a full range of ear-grabbing mixes-radio, club, dub and more-of Depeche Mode originals with three discs (Discs Two, Four and Seven) newly compiled for this collection, bringing together B- sides and mixes first released across CD and maxi -singles contemporaneous to the albums release."

Hello, anyone know what became of the new single DM said they were going to release last year called Life 2.0?

Hello, anyone know what became of the new single DM said they were going to release last year called Life 2.0?

Probably will come out on a single or reissue or EP or something this year. Just guessing though.

Before We Drown live debut along with Behind The Wheel tour debut (in place of WIME for Fletch) and Somebody.

…And now for something completely unexpected! Wow. Hopefully this gets the live treatment too. Incredible album.

5-track remix album is also out now.

…And now for something completely unexpected! Wow. Hopefully this gets the live treatment too. Incredible album.

5-track remix album is also out now.
It's only five remixes of People Are Good, so I wouldn't call that even a proper EP. It's just a bunch of remixes of variable quality. But otherwise I agree, Memento Mori is an album I didn't expect DM to be capable of making any more. Definitely their best since Playing the Angel and arguably since Ultra.

Back
Top Bottom