New deal/album actual release date predictions?

Fuctup

I’m really anticipating the new album on the hopes that its in either a different direction or a return to form so to speak as I’ve just not enjoyed the Joe C. Produced era of Moz’s catalog. Nothing to do with Joe C. Just my way of referencing the part of Moz’s recording catalog that I am least fond of.

That being said any thoughts or predictions when the new album will actually come out? And if this album is as good as he says and that he’s waiting to be picked up by a label why not release the best single now in order to attract interest in the album?

I don’t see the album coming out this year at all, perhaps maybe next year sometime? Although what if he literally doesn’t get a deal for several years like 3,4,or 5? Would the bonfire album 5 years from now still be even relevant for him or in his heart enough to even release it by then or would he have moved on with newer songs to release by then? If it takes years to be signed this album could end up as a lost or scrapped album too as a possibility. Plus he is not getting younger, so I hope we don’t have to wait as long as we had to between maladjusted to when Quarry came out. Wasn’t that like 6 or 7 years? 1997 to 2004?

there is lots of questions and things to speculate as it’s now been a couple of months since the new albums announcement yet we’ve heard not a peep anywhere about it since. Let’s hope he at least debuts some new songs in Vegas to hold us over and get us excited.

As a big fan of Alternative rock and heavy distortion based guitar, I actually didn’t mind the album years of refusal as much as all the hate that album seems to get. What I’m sick of isn’t so much Jesse as a whole, but im getting bored with all the Latin Influence. It’s starting to become a bit stale and almost like a gimmick or a trick. Is it necessary that every album now seems to always contain several songs with Latin flourishes like the nylon string classical guitars or the mariachi style horn flourishes? I get it he was into that style for a bit but I think it’s become too much. Overdone!

my big crystal balls are telling me next year,i will go for may.

I say again: Didn’t someone mention that a crazy diehard post 2000 fan from LA posted something on “her” Instagram page about a possible release in the coming months. Apparently “she’s” in the know?

You may be imagining the density of the latin flavour in recent albums. WPINOYB had three or four tracks with varying degrees of latin notes but the next two albums had none and if we include Californian Son then that's three albums with no latin songs whatsoever. Someone point out the latin songs on Low In High School and I Am Not A Dog On A Chain. At best you could say The girl from Tel Aviv maybe but that's a weak song regardless. Is there something else you're thinking of other than latin sounds you're thinking of that you don't like?

You may be imagining the density of the latin flavour in recent albums. WPINOYB had three or four tracks with varying degrees of latin notes but the next two albums had none and if we include Californian Son then that's three albums with no latin songs whatsoever. Someone point out the latin songs on Low In High School and I Am Not A Dog On A Chain. At best you could say The girl from Tel Aviv maybe but that's a weak song regardless. Is there something else you're thinking of other than latin sounds you're thinking of that you don't like?
I’d probably include Darling I hug a pillow in that categor.

As a big fan of Alternative rock and heavy distortion based guitar, I actually didn’t mind the album years of refusal as much as all the hate that album seems to get. What I’m sick of isn’t so much Jesse as a whole, but im getting bored with all the Latin Influence. It’s starting to become a bit stale and almost like a gimmick or a trick. Is it necessary that every album now seems to always contain several songs with Latin flourishes like the nylon string classical guitars or the mariachi style horn flourishes? I get it he was into that style for a bit but I think it’s become too much. Overdone!
A lot of the music on Refusal is fantastic, all of Alain's songs are wonderful. This is why I'm so glad Alain is back in the fold. Since Refusal, Morrissey hasn't really written a song where the lyrics and the music couldn't just be separated and mixed with something else and sounded as good or better with dubious production quality that hasn't helped either. The closest he has got is the covers album with songs like when you close your eyes which is my favourite song he has released since Refusal.

There's a few examples on Refusal of songs where the music and the lyrics are inseparable - Good examples are Mama Lay Softly and It's not your birthday anymore - I can't imagine either of those songs where the lyrics or the music could work without each other, they're both great.

Back
Top Bottom