New "Bonfire Of Teenagers" track to be debuted on Richard Blade's SiriusXM show (Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022)?

Calling all Moz devotees: I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but Richard Blade just announced Morrissey will be featured on his Sirius 1st Wave "New Sensation Tuesdays" segment. The show airs each Tuesday evening at 6 PM (eastern)/3 PM (pacific) and features recent music from a new wave artist. If memory serves me correctly, there will not be an interview or anything like that, but Blade usually features a new song alongside an older one. I believe Alain Whyte was featured recently and was mentioned somewhere in the forum. Hope this tiny bit of news finds all in good spirits as we inch closer to the holiday season (and hopefully, more music from our dear leader).

UPDATE:

Jamie posted in the comments:

Richard Blade commented on one of Alain's Facebook stories that it will be "Rebels Without Applause" that he plays.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
As always in the world of Moz and being a fan,
we can’t change anything, except our expectations.

I assume Blade has connections, though if it’s being sent out to DJ’s (?) then a leak
wouldn’t be surprising.
He probably thinks self releasing is beneath him.
Now the world might get his work for free. Not sure if there is a lesson in there somewhere.

Given the miscommunicated Blade info on other occasions, him playing the new track has probably morphed in to 'he has the album and is playing a track off it' - just a guess, happy to be proved wrong. We live in hope.
FWD.

He probably thinks self releasing is beneath him. Now the world might get his work for free. Not sure if there is a lesson in there somewhere.
yes, he probably does.
I'm kind of annoyed at Moz for not keeping us up to date about the album and toying with his fans about it. I hope it gets leaked.
I don’t believe he was ‘toying’. My take on it is, in the beginning he thought it would be released soon, that a label contract would happen soon, but it didn’t. And then now that he signed a contract, he probably has lost some control as to what happens to it, which may explain why he called it the ‘lost album’ the other night.

yes, he probably does.

I don’t believe he was ‘toying’. My take on it is, in the beginning he thought it would be released soon, that a label contract would happen soon, but it didn’t. And then now that he signed a contract, he probably has lost some control as to what happens to it, which may explain why he called it the ‘lost album’ the other night.
I was a bit worked up when I wrote that, but he has this way of acting vague and mysterious like he knows more than he lets on.

I was a bit worked up when I wrote that, but he has this way of acting vague and mysterious like he knows more than he lets on.

well, he knows what he knows at the time, things change. And here we are.

yes, he probably does.

Gret mins think alike. I said something similar in the Boston post-show thread.
He seems annoyed that the record label is apparently in no rush to announce a release date. We can be pretty sure that Morrissey insists on a physical format release, and that can take longer to prepare than a digital release. The record company must have a reason for delaying its release, and Morrissey would be well advised to stop expecting the worst.

You can send a copy to Richard Blade and he will play it, I think I have said this before when this came up a few months ago, he is very approachable

'...from our dear leader'.... That's laying it on a bit thick isn't it? A bit of perspective would benefit everyone on this rotating rock in the middle of nowhere.

Calling all Moz devotees: I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but Richard Blade just announced Morrissey will be featured on his Sirius 1st Wave "New Sensation Tuesdays" segment. The show airs each Tuesday evening at 6 PM (eastern)/3 PM (pacific) and features recent music from a new wave artist. If memory serves me correctly, there will not be an interview or anything like that, but Blade usually features a new song alongside an older one. I believe Alain Whyte was featured recently and was mentioned somewhere in the forum. Hope this tiny bit of news finds all in good spirits as we inch closer to the holiday season (and hopefully, more music from our dear leader).
I expect this one of those Moz Angeles clowns. They actually act like he is a god
(he says while writing from a skyscraper in Los Angeles )

Last edited:
Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom