New "Bonfire Of Teenagers" track to be debuted on Richard Blade's SiriusXM show (Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022)?

Calling all Moz devotees: I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but Richard Blade just announced Morrissey will be featured on his Sirius 1st Wave "New Sensation Tuesdays" segment. The show airs each Tuesday evening at 6 PM (eastern)/3 PM (pacific) and features recent music from a new wave artist. If memory serves me correctly, there will not be an interview or anything like that, but Blade usually features a new song alongside an older one. I believe Alain Whyte was featured recently and was mentioned somewhere in the forum. Hope this tiny bit of news finds all in good spirits as we inch closer to the holiday season (and hopefully, more music from our dear leader).

UPDATE:

Jamie posted in the comments:

Richard Blade commented on one of Alain's Facebook stories that it will be "Rebels Without Applause" that he plays.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
If 'Rebels Without' is the song in question then it's clearly not being debuted, is it, FFS.
It's a debut for people without access to phones or streaming sites or utube or the internet or Moz concerts, but who do have electricity and a radio which they refer to as 'the magic wireless'.

Cheers all. Does anyone know if it was the version we have all heard or a different album version?

Yes, it was. Along with "Sing Your Life". Rolling my eyes at that random lady saying, "He's got the whole album, he will play a new one, hurr burr".

318482642_10160024889016855_3176000445874904483_n.jpg
Just to clarify again, I heard the morning DJ (Sluggo Doug) on Friday morning say Richard had the album and would play a track. Heard it with my very own ears. So maybe those who posted did too.

Just to clarify again, I heard the morning DJ (Sluggo Doug) on Friday morning say Richard had the album and would play a track. Heard it with my very own ears. So maybe those who posted did too.
I saw your post cheers 🫶🏻. But if he has the album i'm a monkey's uncle.

The album exists; it’s just a matter of speculation has to who has a copy. Is the number of the lucky few gradually increasing?

For this reason, I find the idea of an edited Bonfire especially problematic. Any official release would be menaced by the real thing, which would surely leak and make the altered version look foolhardy.

I don’t see how Morrissey can detoxify his current position by scrapping the Bonfire track. He is unlikely to stand on in silence if his beloved LP is revised. For once, he would be vindicated in his cries of censorship and cancellation. The song exists and cannot be erased from Morrissey’s musical present, however much some people may find it ill-conceived.

Championing free speech and courting record labels may be incompatible aims. Let’s hope that Morrissey can just about strike the right balance, so we can have a non-controversial outcome: the release of Bonfire for consideration and commentary.

The album exists; it’s just a matter of speculation has to who has a copy. Is the number of the lucky few gradually increasing?

For this reason, I find the idea of an edited Bonfire especially problematic. Any official release would be menaced by the real thing, which would surely leak and make the altered version look foolhardy.

I don’t see how Morrissey can detoxify his current position by scrapping the Bonfire track. He is unlikely to stand on in silence if his beloved LP is revised. For once, he would be vindicated in his cries of censorship and cancellation. The song exists and cannot be erased from Morrissey’s musical present, however much some people may find it ill-conceived.

Championing free speech and courting record labels may be incompatible aims. Let’s hope that Morrissey can just about strike the right balance, so we can have a non-controversial outcome: the release of Bonfire for consideration and commentary.
I hope plenty of folks have it 👍🏻 The more the merrier and chance of a leak. If we end up needing a leak that is.

I'd prefer the leak if it is the only way to get it as Moz intended it. I really do not want a sanitized version.
Yeah absolutely, the uncensored version is a must for us 😁 But if it was minus Bonfire I would still want it, I suppose we still have many live versions.

I would like to think before signing the deal Moz would have said to UMG, if censorship is your game then i'll wait and take my masterpiece elsewhere.

🤘🏻🎼🎤

This is an honest question. If Richard Blade has a copy it would be considered a "promo copy," correct? Can he play any song he wants from that copy? Can he only play what's released as a single until the album is officially released?

Last edited:
This is an honest question. If Richard Blade has a copy it would be considered a "promo copy, " correct? Can he play any song he wanted to from that copy? Can he only play what's released as a single until the album is officially released?
Not too sure. If you are reading this Richard, play a new BOT song every week 😂 no seriously, do it.

This is an honest question. If Richard Blade has a copy it would be considered a "promo copy," correct? Can he play any song he wants from that copy? Can he only play what's released as a single until the album is officially released?
It's not really the programming of the channel he's on anyway. First Wave only the vintage stuff with the exception of that Tuesday night slot.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom