New blog about Johnny Marr

dothewatusi

New blog about Johnny - http://www.johnnymarrplaysguitar.com/

1yess_IMG_0404-4-1.jpg

Re: New blog obout Johnny Marr

Jimi Hendrix is the one and only guitar God

and . . . Mr Marr is not a man of his word so I won't be requesting he create music for my film score anymore.

;)

Solo album in the potential pipeline hmm? Quite looking forward to it if so... it can't be any worse than "Boomslang".

and . . . Mr Marr is not a man of his word so I won't be requesting he create music for my film score anymore.

;)

Not a man of his word?

;)

Jimi Hendrix was terrible, only noise and not music. I really refuse everything that comes from him. You should choose better your heroes.

Jimi Hendrix was terrible, only noise and not music. I really refuse everything that comes from him. You should choose better your heroes.

:crazy:

Jimi was an extraordinary guitarist.
You're entitled your opinion, but if you don't like Jimi it means you don't like rock 'n' roll.

Last edited:

:crazy:

Jimi was an extraordinary guitarist.
You're entitled your opinion, but if you don't like Jimi it means you don't like rock 'n' roll.

Have I said I only like rock 'n' roll? I like music and hate labels. I don't need to like Hendrix to understand RnR. Beatles and Elvis are extraordinary and the rest (not including Morrissey, The Smiths and Legião Urbana) aren't as indispensable as they seem to be. Of course, I respect Hendrix and know he had influenced lots of other musicians. You may not say I don't like/know RnR just 'cause I cannot stand a whole Hendrix album.

I prefer:
Smiths/Morrissey
Legião Urbana
Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Stones
Radiohead
Oasis

Last edited:
This blog is wonderful. I can listen to the theme song for "Todd Margaret" without watching the 'orrible tv show. It's one of the best things Johnny's done IMO, very Strangeways-era Smiths.

That is a nice a little tune. Good to hear Johnny go back to basics (his high level of basics). Is it him singing? If so, he's improved.

This blog is wonderful. I can listen to the theme song for "Todd Margaret" without watching the 'orrible tv show. It's one of the best things Johnny's done IMO, very Strangeways-era Smiths.

Yes, that's him singing. I like his voice; I liked the Healers record too (a minority opinion, judging by comments on these here forums).

Get out, all of ye: Jimmy Page is the ultimate guitar player.

Wow, how ignorant you have proven yourself to be. To not like his music is one thing, but to call Band Of Gypsies and Electric Ladyland terrible/noise is downright moronic.

Back
Top Bottom