New 'Best Of' remastering: who is John K Davies?

pronocturn

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sound-Smiths-Deluxe/dp/B001ECE4D2

Amazon are listing the new best of here, now called 'Sound of the Smiths' (I almost prefer the 'Hang the DJ' title), out November 3rd. What interested me was at the end of the description, it says "All tracks have been newly remastered by John K Davies".

So, anyone know who John K Davies is? Was he anything to do with the band in the 80s? (I somehow doubt it). I'm all for remastering, but what a pity it isn't supervised (or even approved) by Marr...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Weird that they'd mention his name in the blurb, because I can't find a single thing about him. Is he famous in remastering circles or something? :confused:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: The Sound of The Smiths aka Hang The DJ

the cover goes agaisnt all of the smiths previous releases! i wonder why they decided to issue a photo of the band on the album

the cover goes agaisnt all of the smiths previous releases! i wonder why they decided to issue a photo of the band on the album

After the Charles Hawtry sleeve, they've probably just decided to give up trying to ape the Smiths' style. And quite right, too.

Why are there two different sleeves?

The one with the grinning Mozzer is from the deluxe, 2-disc version.

Last edited:

The one with the grinning Mozzer is from the deluxe, 2-disc version.

Ah, I see. I thought they were releasing it exclusively as a 2-disc set. Is anyone really going to buy the single disc version when The Best of I, The Best of II and The Very Best of are already so widely available..? Seems a bit pointless to me.

Ah, I see. I thought they were releasing it exclusively as a 2-disc set. Is anyone really going to buy the single disc version when The Best of I, The Best of II and The Very Best of are already so widely available..? Seems a bit pointless to me.

Widely available? They're OOP, or at least in my neck of the woods. Used copies are like nine bucks tops.

Back
Top Bottom