New "Best of" compilation listed on Amazon - Apr 27 2018 release?

UPDATE Feb. 11:

An anonymous person posted the link:

https://wmg.jp/artist/morrissey/WPCR000026316.html

Warner Music Japan release site

UPDATE 10:30 AM PT:

Posted by guru_mosh:

According to German retailer jpc.de this will be a reissue of the "Suedehead" best of compilation.

Morrissey: Suedehead - The Best Of Morrissey (SHM-CD)(reissue) - jpc

*** Japan-Import

Amazon sites indicate a new ? Best Of Morrissey compilation for April 27, 2018.

Anyone have any details?

Link / screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-MORRISS...r_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&tag=msamzn-20

42179_best_of_amzn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
is this not the thing famouswhendead posted the other day or has this been updated.

I just hope it features Southpaw and The Operation since those are some of his very very VERY best, Southpaw is possibly the greatest Morrissey song of all time.

I mentioned on the RIP MES thread the sttong influence I believe Mark E Smith had over Morrissey. I should have also mentioned the regular release of pointless compilation albums too.

What's the actual point in these days of Spotify?

I mentioned on the RIP MES thread the sttong influence I believe Mark E Smith had over Morrissey. I should have also mentioned the regular release of pointless compilation albums too.

What's the actual point in these days of Spotify?

How do the other best of albums do on Spotify. Some people still go for them when checking out a new artist thinking it'll actually be the best songs or most representative songs of the period. I've never been a fan though

Indeed. Link to mystery release here:

So now this mystery from earlier today:
"Thinking: curious... 18th of April - guesses anyone?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0798GS5NV
'B0798GS5NV' - doesn't relate to anything yet. Reissue perhaps?"

Regards,
FWD.
It has been updated to include the words 'best of' rather than a 3 letter code since first sharing and also the date went from the 18th to the 27th. The 'import' tag is making me think it's a reissue perhaps?
Here's a picture as Amazon still manage to hijack the url depending on if you shop with them and take you to your country's portal and it's only on the US site (the link should work in the US).

20180209_131935.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Indeed. Link to mystery release here:

It has been updated to include the words 'best of' rather than a 3 letter code since first sharing and also the date went from the 18th to the 27th. The 'import' tag is making me think it's a reissue perhaps?
Here's a picture as Amazon still manage to hijack the url depending on if you shop with them and take you to your country's portal and it's only on the US site (the link should work in the US).

Regards,
FWD.

"Greatest Hits" was released what, 10 years ago? This has got to be the "Legacy Edition" :p
For sure, if it were a new one, there aren't many potential titles left to choose from. "Morrissey: Only the Best"

To release another Greatest hits would imply that he's released greatness in the last 10 years, and furthermore, hits.

To release another Greatest hits would imply that he's released greatness in the last 10 years, and furthermore, hits.
Ah, but that depends on the marketing strategy. Maybe they'll go for a different angle not previously covered, such as 'Morrissey: Best of the Clunkers that Didn't Chart', or perhaps, 'Morrissey: The Jesse Tobias Years'.

hopefully it's a 3 disc solo career spanning complication, rather than 10 songs that Moz thinks are his greatest hits

But you'll have to because it will contain the previously-unreleased track 'Moon River (Extended Bagpipe Mix)'.

Will that be similar to the nine minute version that was originally released known as Moonriver (Extended Windbag Mix)?

Last edited:
hopefully it's a 3 disc solo career spanning complication, rather than 10 songs that Moz thinks are his greatest hits

Yes, still not appropriate yet, he still has loads of time to add to his catalogue, but I did this on my streaming service

The Definitive Collection!

Suedehead - Playboys - Alsatian Cousin - November Spawned - Maudlin St - A Place In Hell - Sunday - My Love Life - Certain People I Know - Sing Your Life - Our Frank
Glamorous Glue - Billy Budd - Fatty - Now My Heart Is Full - I Know Its Gonna Happen Someday - We’ll Let You Know - The More You Ignore Me - Boxers - Find Out For Yourself - Boy Racer - Southpaw - Sunny - Speedway
Maladjusted - Jack The Ripper - Whatever Happens I Love You - Satan Rejected - Trouble Loves Me - Swallow On My Neck - First Of The Gang - Boy Happy - Camden - Irish Blood - You Have Killed Me - Far Off Places - Black Cloud - Life Is A Pigsty -
Paris - Spent The Day In Bed - Istanbul - Ganglord - One Of Our Own - Never Played Symphonies - Oboe Concerto - Home Is a Question Mark

Here is the tracklisting for the new 'Best Of':
1. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
2. Neal Cassady Drops Dead
3. I'm Not A Man
4. Istanbul
5. Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
6. Staircase at the University
7. The Bullfighter Dies
8. Kiss Me a Lot
9. Smiler With A Knife
10. Kick the Bride Down the Aisle
11. Mountjoy
12. Oboe Concerto

Ah, but that depends on the marketing strategy. Maybe they'll go for a different angle not previously covered, such as 'Morrissey: Best of the Clunkers that Didn't Chart', or perhaps, 'Morrissey: The Jesse Tobias Years'.
He had to put his bare hairy arse in the gatefold of the last one to get it to sell. What next? Cock n balls?

Back
Top Bottom