New "Best of" compilation listed on Amazon - Apr 27 2018 release?

UPDATE Feb. 11:

An anonymous person posted the link:

https://wmg.jp/artist/morrissey/WPCR000026316.html

Warner Music Japan release site

UPDATE 10:30 AM PT:

Posted by guru_mosh:

According to German retailer jpc.de this will be a reissue of the "Suedehead" best of compilation.

Morrissey: Suedehead - The Best Of Morrissey (SHM-CD)(reissue) - jpc

*** Japan-Import

Amazon sites indicate a new ? Best Of Morrissey compilation for April 27, 2018.

Anyone have any details?

Link / screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-MORRISS...r_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&tag=msamzn-20

42179_best_of_amzn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But Wing is a twat, and the Wingnuts are just a sacred cow for people with misplaced nostalgia for the hippy dippy era.
Shut it, Paul. Or is that you, Ringo? Y'all are just jealous that the dead ones of your group get most of the respect.

Fair enough, I can have both. Though the Beatles, like the Smiths, ended at the right time - the Stones have gone on far too long.

As if a band continuing on for a long time makes any difference to anything. That's just immature nonsense. "Quit at the top!" "Mind the legacy!" "I don't think it's good anymore so no one else should like it either!" Millions would disagree, but I'm sure you're right. :rolleyes:

As if a band continuing on for a long time makes any difference to anything. That's just immature nonsense. "Quit at the top!" "Mind the legacy!" "I don't think it's good anymore so no one else should like it either!" Millions would disagree, but I'm sure you're right. :rolleyes:
What was the last good song the Stones released though? It's when a band tries to recapture past glories, or has nothing to put into a song that it seems pointless. I love the Cure, and they're celebrating their 40th anniversary despite releasing almost nothing great for over 20 of the 40. Thankfully they just play epic shows to make up for the fact.

You must be joking, The Stones have been shit for 30 years and Mick can't sing anymore. Paul McCartney, Elton John, Billy Joel, etc, etc, all these "elder statesman" are long past their best. Blondie have new music out, did you know? Of course you didn't. Most bands have a certain shelf life, that's all. The Smiths never got to be karaoke versions of themselves, they never released anything crap.

What was the last good song the Stones released though? It's when a band tries to recapture past glories, or has nothing to put into a song that it seems pointless. I love the Cure, and they're celebrating their 40th anniversary despite releasing almost nothing great for over 20 of the 40. Thankfully they just play epic shows to make up for the fact.

I am not a Stones fan. I just don't care for this irrational insistence that bands should stop because it's gone on too long or isn't good anymore. Legacy is bullshit. I decide what is important to me. I don't let others dictate it. 'If you don't like me, don't look at me' somebody somewhere once sang. Applies here. Stop bitching and just change the channel.

I am not a Stones fan. I just don't care for this irrational insistence that bands should stop because it's gone on too long or isn't good anymore. Legacy is bullshit. I decide what is important to me. I don't let others dictate it. 'If you don't like me, don't look at me' somebody somewhere once sang. Applies here. Stop bitching and just change the channel.
I agree to a large extent. Plenty of musicians hang in there and do interesting work. It's just a shame when they don't, or hang onto a weird adolescent sort of bad boy image for far too long. It's like a video I posted somewhere on here recently of Tom Jones humping the air in his old age. He's not humping anything without taking a pill first nowadays. I think my problem is artists painting themselves into corners, or clinging to a role that they think they have to play.

You must be joking, The Stones have been shit for 30 years and Mick can't sing anymore. Paul McCartney, Elton John, Billy Joel, etc, etc, all these "elder statesman" are long past their best. Blondie have new music out, did you know? Of course you didn't. Most bands have a certain shelf life, that's all. The Smiths never got to be karaoke versions of themselves, they never released anything crap.

See my reply to g23 above. And yes I do know about Blondie's new music. Johnny wrote one for them on the album. "My Monster". It's crap. Still don't care if Debbie dies on stage at 108. It doesn't matter. The Smiths could have released 10 more albums of pure gold or pure shit and it wouldn't have changed the fact that the albums they actually did make were excellent. You are just a legacy whore. And I mean that in the kindest way possible.:rock:

So you're allowed to have an opinion, but nobody else? Sorry, no dice. My response (which was not to you in the first place) related to the Rolling Stones and you have just butted in to start another bloody argument.

See my reply to g23 above. And yes I do know about Blondie's new music. Johnny wrote one for them on the album. "My Monster". It's crap. Still don't care if Debbie dies on stage at 108. It doesn't matter. The Smiths could have released 10 more albums of pure gold or pure shit and it wouldn't have changed the fact that the albums they actually did make were excellent. You are just a legacy whore. And I mean that in the kindest way possible.:rock:

I'm no such thing, you are just getting involved in an exchange that had nothing to do with you and completely misinterpreting what I said.

I'm no such thing, you are just getting involved in an exchange that had nothing to do with you and completely misinterpreting what I said.

Since you haven't noticed. Forum etiquette no longer applies around here. It's Thunderdome and has been for a while now. Besides, if you or anyone else wants undisturbed conversation, there's a function for that. So stop trying to be the forum police with me. Or put your name in to be a moderator. I hear there's an opening in that department. :lbf:

Last edited:
I agree to a large extent. Plenty of musicians hang in there and do interesting work. It's just a shame when they don't, or hang onto a weird adolescent sort of bad boy image for far too long. It's like a video I posted somewhere on here recently of Tom Jones humping the air in his old age. He's not humping anything without taking a pill first nowadays. I think my problem is artists painting themselves into corners, or clinging to a role that they think they have to play.

I'm no Stones fan either, but strangely I feel what they do is valid. 70+ musicians play blues. Their blues covers album last year (2016?) wasn't bad, exactly what you'd expect from them at 75. What should they do? It's fine.

I'm no Stones fan either, but strangely I feel what they do is valid. 70+ musicians play blues. Their blues covers album last year (2016?) wasn't bad, exactly what you'd expect from them at 75. What should they do? It's fine.
Putter around the garden, sneak extra candy to their grandchildren, get their affairs in order. (I'm kidding.)

Touched a nerve did I?
Not at all. You're just under the mistaken impression that I care about random anonymous turds on the internet and their opinions of me. Snipe away if it makes you feel better. It's good to have a hobby.

Not at all. You're just under the mistaken impression that I care about random anonymous turds on the internet and their opinions of me. Snipe away if it makes you feel better. It's good to have a hobby.

Hmmm. Yawn.

Just for once remember that this is supposed to be about Morrissey.

No one cares about your f***ing wife, your endless posts about The Cure, your boring biographical details, your tired shitticisms and your crap opinions of music! You are the Twatty!

:laughing:

Hmmm. Yawn.

Just for once remember that this is supposed to be about Morrissey.

No one cares about your f***ing wife, your endless posts about The Cure, your boring biographical details, your tired shitticisms and your crap opinions of music! You are the Twatty!

:laughing:
You're a wonderful combination of dull and mean spirited. I imagine that works out well for you. I like your other account better, anyway. You should log into it if you want to be shitty to people. It's a little cowardly otherwise. ;)

I mean that there are abundant technical flaws and mistakes peppered throughout their music and it doesn't matter at all because the end result was memorable, impassioned, and holds up. It's ok. Plenty of great post punk bands were a bit shit at playing their instruments yet still great. Hell, I know some sloppy local bands that are still great despite their flaws, or maybe even because of.

Doesn't sound shit to me at all, though plenty does that is ranked proficient by people like you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom