New album 'Low in High-School' (Nov. 17, 2017) on Etienne Records / BMG; Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10)

Morrissey announces new album Low in High-School - Manchester Evening News
by Simon Binns.

Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.

Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.

It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.

Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.

Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'

Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”

There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.

As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.

Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.

Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!

Similar stories:

Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School' - Clash
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School' - Irish Examiner
Morrissey announces new album 'Low in High-School' and US date - Newsdesk / Music-News.com
Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School - Pitchfork
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig - NME
Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November

Regards,
FWD.

Also:
Morrissey to release new album, Low in High-School - Uncut. Link posted by Bluebirds.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bye, bye to tagliatelle con funghi porcini for me then. :(
Think I'll have it with meatballs and tomato-sauce in stead. :rolleyes:
Oh, no can't do that either. It's murder.

You make me all crazy, you food-nazi's and veggie-fascists.
By the time I figured out what to eat and what not I am a corpse. And not because of booze and tobacco!
Not that anyone would care about that of course.:rolleyes:
And who wants to live forever anyaways?
Not me! :(

You can still have that and despite it not being healthy I wouldn't urge people that never had any issues with it to stop having it.

I share your frustration at all the advice thrown out there. By the way you live a very italian life there in Holland with italian food and wine and football on the telly.

Off topic:

I wish you were a moderator here. I have always had people that were older than me in my life and they always made me feel at ease.

You can still have that and despite it not being healthy I wouldn't urge people that never had any issues with it to stop having it.

I share your frustration at all the advice thrown out there. By the way you live a very italian life there in Holland with italian food and wine and football on the telly.

Off topic:

I wish you were a moderator here. I have always had people that were older than me in my life and they always made me feel at ease.

Urbanus, that is a very nice compliment coming from you but as far as I understand anything of the duties and the work of a moderator, I'd say I am not suited for it.

Apart from the technical issues, that you might learn, you also have to develop a certain type of stubborn mentality, not easily shaken by all the ungoing death wishes, undeserved critism and virtual abuse.
As a member I can easily ignore that cause I didn't have to deal with that.

So of course there is critisim possible but I also have some respect for that function here at solo. When you consider the TOS, the procedures to base the work on, the motivation to have a leniently moderated site, the goal of free speech and to allow anonymous comments, that need to be previewed before showing on the site, it'doesn't seem like a piece of cake to me.

Urbanus, that is a very nice compliment coming from you but as far as I understand anything of the duties and the work of a moderator, I'd say I am not suited for it.

Apart from the technical issues, that you might learn, you also have to develop a certain type of stubborn mentality, not easily shaken by all the ungoing death wishes, undeserved critism and virtual abuse.
As a member I can easily ignore that cause I didn't have to deal with that.

So of course there is critisim possible but I also have some respect for that function here at solo. When you consider the TOS, the procedures to base the work on, the motivation to have a leniently moderated site, the goal of free speech and to allow anonymous comments, that need to be previewed before showing on the site, it'doesn't seem like a piece of cake to me.

My wish to have you as a mod here wasn't criticism directed at any of the current mods here and I agree with your every word.

Are we assuming there will not be a release of a single before the album comes out?

I hope there will be a single and I assume there will be one.
There must be a good single in the batch of new songs.
There always was, for me anyway. :thumb:

I hope there will be a single and I assume there will be one.
There must be a good single in the batch of new songs.
There always was, for me anyway. :thumb:
The most recent normal release being Years Of Refusal had "I'm Throwing..." released a week before the album came out. The harvest records debacle was hopefully an anomaly.

It'd be great to get back to basics and see a 12" single on vinyl with some B sides. The Charlatans most recent album had a cassette included also. If Morrissey is releasing a cassette then surely vinyl singles aren't too much to hope for.

I might release something but it won't be a single and it could get messy. At least I warned everyone.

Contributing to the global warming ain't ya?
I'm warning you, it has been registered you're gonna commit a major environmental crime for which you will be punished. You're being watched. So am I. :squiffy:
The (S)Permafrost melting is enough already without you! :sick:

Last edited:
Contributing to the global warming ain't ya?
I'm warning you, it has been registered you're gonna commit a major environmental crime for which you will be punished. You're being watched. So am I. :squiffy:
The (S)Permafrost melting is enough already without you! :sick:

High five, Gerrit!

Anyone else find it odd that pre-orders are not available yet? The release date is 2.5 months away, some records have pre-orders 8 months prior to release. Where would he announce it given that True To You is not being updated?

there wont be any pre orders until the tix sales for the 'tour' is over, as they are sticking it to the punter who purchases tix by forcing a copy of the album on him or her. Moz Inc dont want any excuses, you buy the tix you have to take the album. No pre orders.

images

The most recent normal release being Years Of Refusal had "I'm Throwing..." released a week before the album came out.

Not sure I'd call Years of Refusal all that normal, seeing that it contained two previously released standalone singles and four other songs (Paris, One Day Goodbye, Skull, Mama) that anyone with You Tube could find multiple live versions of.

Last edited:
Not sure I'd call Years of Refusal all that normal, seeing that it contained two previously released standalone singles and four other songs (Paris, One Day Goodbye, Skull, Mama) that anyone with You Tube could find multiple live versions of.

You can add 'Skull' and 'Muma lay softly on the riverbed' to that. We basically got half an album.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom