Morrissey announces new album Low in High-School - Manchester Evening News
by Simon Binns.
Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.
Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.
It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.
Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.
Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'
Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”
There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.
As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.
Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.
Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!
Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School' - Clash
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School' - Irish Examiner
Morrissey announces new album 'Low in High-School' and US date - Newsdesk / Music-News.com
Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School - Pitchfork
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig - NME
Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November
Morrissey to release new album, Low in High-School - Uncut. Link posted by Bluebirds.
- Joe Chiccarelli tweets - clues on new Morrissey recordings? - Aug. 8, 2017
- Boz Boorer interview in Die Presse (July 7, 2017), mentions working on new album - July 23, 2017
- Morrissey at the Hollywood Bowl November 10, 2017? SER posted "Mock up poster" - June 9, 2017
- Morrissey Official Facebook new photo: 'It's on!' - June 2, 2017
- The Rebirth...day? / Trojan Records image - Morrissey official Facebook - May 22, 2017
- Morrissey @ BMG Office in London (with Craig Ericson, Rise Records CEO) - Feb. 20, 2017
- Morrissey signed to Rupture Records in France, new album ready for release? - Jan. 19, 2017
- WPINOYB to be reissued by Étienne, Nov. 2016 with new sleeve - Typical Moz e-zine/ Facebook - Aug. 5, 2016