New album cover

Years of Refusal Cover

Just stumbled across some photos of Joe Dallesandro holding a baby. I think that is probably Moz's inspiration for the YoR cover. Google image search Joe Dallesandro and you'll see what I mean. There is one of him on a Rolling Stone cover. He is a symbol of gay subculture. My take is that Moz's album title is another hint at his sexuality and his years of not coming clean.

Thoughts?

Re: Years of Refusal Cover

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNPCB3zKzFA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNPCB3zKzFA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:

right. so in that song he's joe's brother, who happened to die from auto-erotic asphyxiation. joe was on the cover of the smiths' debut lp.

Just stumbled across some photos of Joe Dallesandro holding a baby. I think that is probably Moz's inspiration for the YoR cover. Google image search Joe Dallesandro and you'll see what I mean. There is one of him on a Rolling Stone cover. He is a symbol of gay subculture. My take is that Moz's album title is another hint at his sexuality and his years of not coming clean.

Thoughts?

Actually someone already mentioned that Your Arsenal inner sleeve photo of Charlie Richardson who is holiding his son is the inspiration.

File0019.jpg

Last edited:

right. so in that song he's joe's brother, who happened to die from auto-erotic asphyxiation. joe was on the cover of the smiths' debut lp.

No. In that song he's the ghost of troubled Joe whom he came straight home to. You are the father and he's telling you to leave him alone. So STFU.

Actually someone already mentioned that Your Arsenal inner sleeve photo of Charlie Richardson who is holiding his son is the inspiration.

I thought it was his daughter. Anyroad, I won't try to say this old movie poster was the inspiration for the YOR cover, but it reminds me of YOR + Quarry covers.
hard_boiled_baby.jpg

Bump

Some people don't know the existance of this thread which won the title of Thread of the Year 2008 poll.

2 questions. There's a "Thread of the Year"? and this won? Who voted?

Tags
art baby's arm can i please see it gerontophilia good font hated it he saw it! i have a nasty rash i have seen it i like the font i really want to see it. in yummy dipping sauce interesting though its gorgeous jake little butterfly meh no fair steamed dumplings stop editing it we seen it too
Back
Top Bottom