New album cover

Sadly, it appears that it is infact genuine... it's now the default image on Mozzy's myspace profile. :(

Oh christ... What on EARTH posessed him to think this is a good album cover? It's f***ing AWFUL!!! Maybe he's losing it...

i dig the photograph and the gray background but what the hell is up with that lame retro sixties font?!!!?!??! i much prefer "Alf Button"s fan art

l_fc7f0e12849b43b2adb17c31bb9073fd.jpg

shakira%20fijacion%20oral%20vol%201.jpg

I guess this begins a new era of holding babies that aren't yours for album covers?

I like the font.

I think if you get all worked up about the font on an album cover you really need to get a bit more action in your life.

This album cover is way too relevant to me.

My long-time business partner and his wife just adopted a baby; they brought it home two days ago. He did it for her, after years of refusal, and he seems none too happy about it.

The new father already calls me "auntie," and I have a very strong suspicion that soon I will be holding a baby that isn't mine, and I'm not looking forward to it, as I'm not very fond of babies.

Everyone here has been stressing about babies, and babbling about babies, and I've had dreams about babies for the last few nights - I've got babies on the brain. I've lived a very happy baby-free life, and now I've got to deal with one. Oh well, maybe I'll warm up to the little bugger, who knows?

:( :rolleyes:

The font on the new Album looks a bit like my new signiture. I was clowning around with the word Morrissey and kinda stumbled on to it. Its a very basic ambigram, but I like it.

This album cover is way too relevant to me.

My long-time business partner and his wife just adopted a baby; they brought it home two days ago. He did it for her, after years of refusal, and he seems none too happy about it.

The new father already calls me "auntie," and I have a very strong suspicion that soon I will be holding a baby that isn't mine, and I'm not looking forward to it, as I'm not very fond of babies.

Everyone here has been stressing about babies, and babbling about babies, and I've had dreams about babies for the last few nights - I've got babies on the brain. I've lived a very happy baby-free life, and now I've got to deal with one. Oh well, maybe I'll warm up to the little bugger, who knows?

:( :rolleyes:

at least it isnt legally yours?? i feel you on the babies everywhere stuff lately.

Throwing His Arms Around... the new font made me think of this:

metro.jpeg

Anaesthetine, I guess I'm sorry to hear about your friends' baby. It's not good when the partners aren't of one mind on the issue. And it will probably change them and your relationship with them. But maybe that baby will quickly grow to be someone you enjoy being with. Children can be wonderful, especially when you get to hand them back to their parents at the end of the day! They're only messy little babies for a tiny while.

at least it isnt legally yours??

It isn't legally mine, but the little tyke will have a huge impact on our business, and we spend a lot of time together in the shop, so what happens in one life has a huge impact on the other. I've already watched my former partner's child grow up (in a way I'm her auntie, too) and she turned into a real trouble-maker, so there's always hope. ;)

i feel you on the babies everywhere stuff lately.

Yeah, all these celebrity "baby bumps" - suddenly the cult of celebrity is all about fertility, which I find a bit disconcerting, if not downright creepy.

All this makes me that much more appreciative of Morrissey - I'm not sure exactly what he's saying with this cover, but he still seems like an island to me, which I find very refreshing.

Anaesthetine, I guess I'm sorry to hear about your friends' baby. It's not good when the partners aren't of one mind on the issue. And it will probably change them and your relationship with them. But maybe that baby will quickly grow to be someone you enjoy being with. Children can be wonderful, especially when you get to hand them back to their parents at the end of the day! They're only messy little babies for a tiny while.

Oh, I think it will work out for the best - he's a resilient guy. I've known a few unwilling fathers who adjusted. It's just very, very bumpy right now (as you can imagine).

Much as I don't care for babies, I know some pretty great kids; if the business survives everything else, I'll probably learn to like the little guy.

But NO BABY TALK, EVER!

Trent from Pink is the New Blog gives Moz a great shout out again:

http://pinkisthenewblog.com/home/2008/12/morrisseys-album-years-of-refusal-gets-new-artwork/

Oh baby
December 9th, 2008

Back in October we got our first look at what was presumed to be the photo that is to be used as the cover artwork for Morrissey’s new album Years of Refusal. Today we get to see that photo as the official album artwork and get a few deets about the album’s release date along with some tour information information:

120908_mozyearsartwork.jpg

According to Moz’s official website, Years of Refusal is due for release on February 16 with the album’s first single I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris set for release one week prior. Paris will be released with two new b-sides — Because of My Poor Education and Shame is the Name (which features vocals by Chrissie Hynde). Morrissey has also scheduled a few dates at the Royal Albert Hall in the UK in May with homecoming concerts in his hometown of Manchester on May 22 & 23. But, before he does those UK dates he will be performing a few warm-up shows here in the US — Ticketmaster has already listed a date in Florida and a date in Virginia. As a huge Mozzer fan, I am very excited by all of this news!

120908_mozlogo.jpg

I’m dying to hear what the new stuff sounds like … Morrissey rarely disappoints. It really does look like 2009 is going to be a great year for concerts :)

We <3 you, Trent! :sweet:

(Pink is the new logo)

Oh christ... What on EARTH posessed him to think this is a good album cover? It's f***ing AWFUL!!! Maybe he's losing it...

erm...I really think he is. I really do. The songs we have heard on this album don't really mean anything. Maybe the rest of the album will be corking..I don't know.

The artwork is absurd. There's no getting around that.

Tags
art baby's arm can i please see it gerontophilia good font hated it he saw it! i have a nasty rash i have seen it i like the font i really want to see it. in yummy dipping sauce interesting though its gorgeous jake little butterfly meh no fair steamed dumplings stop editing it we seen it too
Back
Top Bottom