New Albert Finney sleeve for "The Boy With..." demo 7"

* NOTE Mar. 26 - main page article had to be re-created as it was accidentally deleted a few days ago.

New sleeve from the Pitchfork article, link posted by an anonymous person (original post):

The Smiths 7” With Unreleased Music Set for Record Store Day - Pitchfork

39769_The_Smiths_-_The_Boy_With_The_Thorn_In_His_Side-2.jpg

Also, posted by GMS:

Here's what's written about it on RSD's website:

Smiths, The - The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Format:
1 x 43g 7" Black vinyl (dinked)
Label:
Rhino
More Info:

Building towards the overall plan for the Queen Is Dead releases next year there will be a 7" single featuring two previously unreleased versions of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and Rubber Ring:A. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo mix) B. Rubber Ring (early Drone Studios version).

".....overall plan for 'The Queen Is Dead' releases next year....."??

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted get that up right away but I love the photo so much better than the first one they presented. I will be at the shops on RSD to get this lovely piece!

Found this on the actual RSD website which looks to have release the list today complete with sleeve designs. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Also found this description on the NME site with the list on it. Anyone know what dinked means? Limited to 5,000.

Smiths, The : The Boy With The Thorn In His – 1 x 43g 7″ Black vinyl (dinked)

Format:
Label:
Rhino
More Info:
Building towards the overall plan for the Queen Is Dead releases next year there will be a 7" single featuring two previously unreleased versions of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and Rubber Ring:A. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo mix) B. Rubber Ring (early Drone Studios version)

Format:
Label:
Rhino
More Info:
Building towards the overall plan for the Queen Is Dead releases next year there will be a 7" single featuring two previously unreleased versions of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and Rubber Ring:A. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo mix) B. Rubber Ring (early Drone Studios version)

I was really hoping he would go with the semi nude woman with the awkward photoshop for the sleeve.
Color me disappointed! :(

Format:
Label:
Rhino
More Info:

as someone quoted on my comment in the other newsitem about this release, I asked about more releases,
ano reply was;
they did it allready on Rhino

?

so I'm a bit puzzled

Ummmmmmmmmmm........ Nazi salute?

I don't even give you a dislike or negative rating for using this word again

People here in Europe still remeber the WWII against a rascist and fascist regime, anyone who call their name is in my case out of discussion

you must come here and see all the military graves of USA/UK and other nations soldiers who died fighting th fascist regime, you'll be suprised how many still are and get held tidy.

because we must

What will it cost?

Also found this description on the NME site with the list on it. Anyone know what dinked means? Limited to 5,000.

Smiths, The : The Boy With The Thorn In His – 1 x 43g 7″ Black vinyl (dinked)

Dinked means that there no centre to the record, or rather that it has been left open. Like a single issued for jukebox use (and like many records released overseas*). A centre adaptor would be required to play it on a turntable.

* apologies to non UK readers - I haven't phrased that very well.

I just want to add a bit of balance here.

For me, when I first saw this photo I thought that it reminded me of what my face would look like when I reach out that in way to pull my wife's head down in order to give me a BJ!

Nowt to do with a salute.....

My first thought was that he was doing an impromptu Frankenstein impression. I thought the other pic was pretty sweet honestly but this is fine. Be kinda funny though if he turned the tables and put Jeff Buckley on it since he recently released a cover of this but of course that'd be all kinda of problematic. Still

I don't even give you a dislike or negative rating for using this word again

People here in Europe still remeber the WWII against a rascist and fascist regime, anyone who call their name is in my case out of discussion

you must come here and see all the military graves of USA/UK and other nations soldiers who died fighting th fascist regime, you'll be suprised how many still are and get held tidy.

because we must

What she supposed to say? "N-word salute"?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom