New Albert Finney sleeve for "The Boy With..." demo 7"

Discussion in 'Collectors Corner' started by terrancestamp, Mar 22, 2017.

By terrancestamp on Mar 22, 2017 at 12:09 AM
  1. terrancestamp

terrancestamp Active Member

* NOTE Mar. 26 - main page article had to be re-created as it was accidentally deleted a few days ago.

New sleeve from the Pitchfork article, link posted by an anonymous person (original post):

The Smiths 7” With Unreleased Music Set for Record Store Day - Pitchfork

[​IMG]

Also, posted by GMS:

Here's what's written about it on RSD's website:

Smiths, The - The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
    Format:
    1 x 43g 7" Black vinyl (dinked)
    Label:
    Rhino
    More Info:

Building towards the overall plan for the Queen Is Dead releases next year there will be a 7" single featuring two previously unreleased versions of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and Rubber Ring:A. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo mix) B. Rubber Ring (early Drone Studios version).

".....overall plan for 'The Queen Is Dead' releases next year....."??

[​IMG]

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Collectors Corner' started by terrancestamp, Mar 22, 2017.

1. terrancestamp
      terrancestamp
      Wanted get that up right away but I love the photo so much better than the first one they presented. I will be at the shops on RSD to get this lovely piece!
    2. terrancestamp
      terrancestamp
      Found this on the actual RSD website which looks to have release the list today complete with sleeve designs. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
    3. terrancestamp
      terrancestamp
      Also found this description on the NME site with the list on it. Anyone know what dinked means? Limited to 5,000.

Smiths, The : The Boy With The Thorn In His – 1 x 43g 7″ Black vinyl (dinked)
    4. terrancestamp
      terrancestamp
      Format:
      Label:
      Rhino
      More Info:
      Building towards the overall plan for the Queen Is Dead releases next year there will be a 7" single featuring two previously unreleased versions of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and Rubber Ring:A. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo mix) B. Rubber Ring (early Drone Studios version)
    5. terrancestamp
      terrancestamp
      Format:
      Label:
      Rhino
      More Info:
      Building towards the overall plan for the Queen Is Dead releases next year there will be a 7" single featuring two previously unreleased versions of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and Rubber Ring:A. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo mix) B. Rubber Ring (early Drone Studios version)
    6. g23
      g23
      I was really hoping he would go with the semi nude woman with the awkward photoshop for the sleeve.
      Color me disappointed! :(
    7. Tammy Waynette
      Tammy Waynette
      Ummmmmmmmmmm........ Nazi salute?
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    8. celibate
      celibate
      as someone quoted on my comment in the other newsitem about this release, I asked about more releases,
      ano reply was;
      they did it allready on Rhino

?

so I'm a bit puzzled
    9. SeniorLife
      SeniorLife
      Irresponsible and unnecessary to even go there.
    10. celibate
      celibate
      I don't even give you a dislike or negative rating for using this word again

People here in Europe still remeber the WWII against a rascist and fascist regime, anyone who call their name is in my case out of discussion

you must come here and see all the military graves of USA/UK and other nations soldiers who died fighting th fascist regime, you'll be suprised how many still are and get held tidy.

because we must
      • Like Like x 1
    11. ninetimesfined
      ninetimesfined
      I much prefer that sleeve. It's more in line with original Smiths sleeves.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I wondered if an idiotic mouth-breathing moron would say something like this. You just have.
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    13. Gregor Samsa
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      • Informative Informative x 1
    15. GMS
      GMS
      Dinked means that there no centre to the record, or rather that it has been left open. Like a single issued for jukebox use (and like many records released overseas*). A centre adaptor would be required to play it on a turntable.

* apologies to non UK readers - I haven't phrased that very well.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    16. stux
      stux
      I just want to add a bit of balance here.

For me, when I first saw this photo I thought that it reminded me of what my face would look like when I reach out that in way to pull my wife's head down in order to give me a BJ!

Nowt to do with a salute.....
      • Funny Funny x 1
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      My first thought was that he was doing an impromptu Frankenstein impression. I thought the other pic was pretty sweet honestly but this is fine. Be kinda funny though if he turned the tables and put Jeff Buckley on it since he recently released a cover of this but of course that'd be all kinda of problematic. Still
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      What she supposed to say? "N-word salute"?
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous