Nevermind

I wonder what Morrissey thinks/ thought about Nirvana. Has he ever commented on Cobain & co.?

Once that I know of after his suicide. I believe the comment was more about him as a person

This was the only time I could remember him saying anything about him. A mention about his suicide

“I felt sad and I felt envious. I admire people who self-destruct. They’re refusing to continue with unhappiness which shows tremendous self-will. It must be very frightening to sit down and look at your watch and think, in thirty minutes I would not be here.”

This was another interview I read in the book morrissey in conversation

Buzzcocks were support for Nirvana on some of the dates on their last ever tour and were due to support them at the cancelled Brixton Academy gig on the night he died.

Nirvana was great but Kurt couldn't handle his desire to become Guns'N'Roses so he tried to become the Sex Pistols instead. He didn't really succeed at either.

I see it was an incredibly sad and tragic tale (and certainly nothing for Morrissey to be "envious" about). Kurt was in tremendous physical pain. I'm not a Nirvana/Kurt expert but I know there were periods of time where he could barely eat due to severe stomach pain. Which of course lead to self-medicating with drugs which seemed to be the only thing that helped him (and he went to many doctors who weren't able to help). He also didn't see Nirvana as a band that would continue on and on, so creatively he had painted himself into a bit of a corner. At the time I thought it was just another cliched story of rock n roll excess and destruction, but I've really come to view Kurt with a lot more sympathy over time.

Then, of course, there's the theory that it wasn't a suicide at all and Courtney Love killed him - so there's that.

Last edited:
I see it was an incredibly sad and tragic tale (and certainly nothing for Morrissey to be "envious" about). Kurt was in tremendous physical pain. I'm not a Nirvana/Kurt expert but I know there were periods of time where he could barely eat due to severe stomach pain. Which of course lead to self-medicating with drugs which seemed to be the only thing that helped him (and he went to many doctors who weren't able to help). He also didn't see Nirvana as a band that would continue on and on, so creatively he had painted himself into a bit of a corner. At the time I thought it was just another cliched story of rock n roll excess and destruction, but I've really come to view Kurt with a lot more sympathy over time.

Then, of course, there's the theory that it wasn't a suicide at all and Courtney Love killed him - so there's that.

I’m a big nirvana fan and there’s a lot to the story. Early family life issues the stomach issues and all kinds of other conflicts and then you add the drugs and it just spirals into hell. Especially hard when you’re married to a junkie as it’s just twice as hard to get clean and she isolated all the people who were supportive of his good health. I remember Kurt had asked mark arm of mudhoney how to get clean and arm gave him advice but held back the thought “and you dump your junkie wife”. The thoughts of suicide were there for a long time though. He brought a gun to the hospital right after his child was born and asked Courtney to commit joint suicide. Eric had to take the gun from him. I have a lot of animosity for junkies and children. I can’t imagine why she wasn’t taken away from them

Also morrissey isn’t really pro suicide as there’s more about the topic in the interview but I just posted the openin about kurt

I’m a big nirvana fan and there’s a lot to the story. Early family life issues the stomach issues and all kinds of other conflicts and then you add the drugs and it just spirals into hell. Especially hard when you’re married to a junkie as it’s just twice as hard to get clean and she isolated all the people who were supportive of his good health. I remember Kurt had asked mark arm of mudhoney how to get clean and arm gave him advice but held back the thought “and you dump your junkie wife”. The thoughts of suicide were there for a long time though. He brought a gun to the hospital right after his child was born and asked Courtney to commit joint suicide. Eric had to take the gun from him. I have a lot of animosity for junkies and children. I can’t imagine why she wasn’t taken away from them

Also morrissey isn’t really pro suicide as there’s more about the topic in the interview but I just posted the openin about kurt

I liked some of Nirvanas material and still do but never managed to see them live. Steve Diggle from Buzzcocks liked Kurt a lot and used to tell some great stories about their time touring together but the saddest one was when Steve snorted all of Kurts coke before their Paris and promised to repay him in Brixton, which of course never took place.

I love this photo of Kurt and Pete Shelley and its sad that neither are no longer here

UTT0C4D.png

I liked some of Nirvanas material and still do but never managed to see them live. Steve Diggle from Buzzcocks liked Kurt a lot and used to tell some great stories about their time touring together but the saddest one was when Steve snorted all of Kurts coke before their Paris and promised to repay him in Brixton, which of course never took place.

I love this photo of Kurt and Pete Shelley and its sad that neither are no longer here

UTT0C4D.png

I was to young to see them live and even if I could have gone we were poor. My wife got to see all the cool bands from that time though, smashing pumpkins garbage third eye blind, except for nirvana. She had tickets but her father wouldn’t let her go at the last min and of course not long after that was all she wrote. I love nirvanas music. The best of scratch acid the wipers mudhoney the pixies etc plus everything he had to bring like that voice. His guitar playing is also awesome. It’s so hard to duplicate that guitar sound cause he would Frankenstein his instrument from smashing it all the time. Was a neat personality as well for the times. Extremely publically feminist and non macho and did so many things to bring a little bit of sincerity to mainstream entertainment

This was the only time I could remember him saying anything about him. A mention about his suicide

“I felt sad and I felt envious. I admire people who self-destruct. They’re refusing to continue with unhappiness which shows tremendous self-will. It must be very frightening to sit down and look at your watch and think, in thirty minutes I would not be here.”

This was another interview I read in the book morrissey in conversation
Morrissey's wrong. it's not frightening, it's elating. whats frightening is what has to happen in that thirty minutes to bring about such a transition.

what was wrong with his stomach?

I did find the Kurt Cobain map of the world jacket that ended up at my dads for some reason. Funnily enough in the attic that is haunted where a man stands in one storage and just stares at us. Me and Pernilla always talks to him and explain why we are there.
I need to vacuum out that place and showed it to the new owner yesterday. Every time you enter you get goosebumps of the cold kind that goes down your spine.
Pernilla could tell it is a man and male and female ghosts do send off different vibes. So the Kurt Cobain jacket from 1992 is now the only bit of clothing I kept as all the rest was thrown into containers for charity.
No one is interested but sometimes I type here for my own sake.

UTT0C4D.png
does he stub out his cigarettes on his forehead?

what was wrong with his stomach?

Curiously, it was Cobain's chronic stomach pain, which the musician wrote made him vomit and want to kill himself, that drove him to try self-medicating with heroin. (Doctors have speculated about the cause of this condition, but little is known for sure.) The drug brought temporary relief, but the habit blossomed into a full-fledged addiction, and in one of the documentary's most moving scenes, Cobain's mother recalls teaching herself about the signs of addiction and confronting her son about his drug abuse.

Taken from: https://www.newsweek.com/five-kurt-cobain-myths-dispelled-montage-heck-328887

Curiously, it was Cobain's chronic stomach pain, which the musician wrote made him vomit and want to kill himself, that drove him to try self-medicating with heroin. (Doctors have speculated about the cause of this condition, but little is known for sure.) The drug brought temporary relief, but the habit blossomed into a full-fledged addiction, and in one of the documentary's most moving scenes, Cobain's mother recalls teaching herself about the signs of addiction and confronting her son about his drug abuse.

Taken from: https://www.newsweek.com/five-kurt-cobain-myths-dispelled-montage-heck-328887

He wasn’t the only person in his family to experience this either. Amusingly, or not so amusingly depending on what grosses you out, he developed a fondness for vomit. When they were on tour with tad he volunteered for the job of vomit catcher and disposer and breed was originally titled Imodium after Doyle’s meds. Also when you take drugs, some drugs, you scratch and pick at your skin until it becomes a bleeding welt. Also because of drugs you’re slow to heal. “Got so high I scratched till I bled”

I hope Courtney Love got some really good heroin with the money from this.

Tags
this charming man new zealand promo?
Back
Top Bottom