Never Heard Symphonies (updated, resequenced, etc) -2018-

Well, the biggest issue with this collection was always longevity of the links.
Here (hopefully) is a static link to all the songs in uncompressed form in their allotted folders - so you can download any or all of the particular tracks you are trying to find.
I will add the other collections (NHS 2012/14 which has some other bits and also Cuckoo, Nothing Ever etc...) when I get round to it as uploading 4+ gigs takes time.

There is no intention of stepping on toes here - simply a URL that will stop people asking for the same things over and over.
Once the initial issues of tearing the arse out of the bandwidth is over, it should serve as a place to direct people to instead of constant re-ups.

Folders 1-16 of the NHS 2018 collection:

https://mega.nz/#F!dh8zXYRT!l67PYqkQXMQDKRcn0d0HyQ

Tracks available individually or as folder zips.

As for moving forward - I don't want to get in to the too many cooks scenario.
I'm happy to add to the static folders with anything people feel is appropriate and hopefully is formatted to just be slotted in to the existing folders to save hassle.
There is nothing worse than sifting through a mess of files trying to make sense of things!
If Mr. J is no longer interested in any aspect of this, then obviously coming to a consensus would be good moving forward.
Similarly, if DR is going to go through all the existing collections and update, then I'm happy to update them as they become available, but that type of thing needs agreeing upon.
The above link is just a start to help those without.

I will try and track down some of the bits and bobs mentioned above to then add after discussion. If there could be some idea about whether the whole thing is being re-done or if we are adding DR's stuff to the existing etc...
Please let me know the link works and links to the 16 aforementioned folders.

For fear of boring people:
None of this would be possible without the efforts of many, many kind people in sharing/encoding/collating/recording et al - that is a fact that is never lost on me.
To all concerned - THANK YOU.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Once the initial issues of tearing the arse out of the bandwidth is over,

Before I say anything, I must quote this part, because picturing you saying it in a posh accent combined with your avatar made me laugh. You're such a treat to have around here. Next Moz LP title after California Son: "They Are Tearing The Arse Out Of Me"? @davidt, do please consider FWD as a moderator.

With regards to the rest, the mega link you supplied is working great on my end - thank you! The only change I'd make is entirely replace the files of the original LIHS era with the one provided above by dirtee rephlex, as it has everything ordered a bit better - including the right order of the LIHS instrumental tracks. I'd also remove the album version of Back On The Chain Gang (because it can be bought and it just came out) but replace it with Irregular Regular's edit that omits the reggae intro.

I think, personally, it would be fine to keep them as-is as Mr Jackpots originally created them, as it is all quite comprehensive. Amendments to previous eras would only be minimal as new tracks are leaked/surfaced over time that we don't currently have (looking at you, There Speaks A True Friend (Alternate Mix)).

Remaining bits-and-bobs to add:

Recent live performances:

- Hairdresser On Fire (last played 2004)
- Sunny (last played 1999)
- Dial-A-Cliché (live debut)
- Break Up The Family (last played 2000) - probably doesn't need to be added since it's now in the LIHS folder, although a different live recording could certainly be added to the Viva Hate era folder
- Hold On To Your Friends (last played 1997; most recently in 2017)

Recent Smiths live cover performances to Nothing Ever Dies:

- William, It Was Really Nothing (last played Feb 03, 2007)
- Is It Really So Strange? (last played Dec 11, 2009)

And finally waiting on a kind soul to rip the vinyl b-side "I Didn't Know What To Do" from the Chain Gang single to add.

I think that covers all ground for now.

speaker.png

NHS Extras - static link:

https://mega.nz/#F!sxdjkSyY!pTiYlzQ8GwTNPpDn3scu6Q

• Nothing Ever Dies.
  • Pablo Cuckoo.
  • The Essential Never Heard Symphonies.
  • The Troy Tate Sessions.
Thanks, as always, to Mr. Jackpots for his efforts.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Incidentally, have all of these YATQ-era tracks mentioned in this old thread surfaced over the years? -

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/i-will-post-unreleased-versions-of-yatq-tracks.62635/
If we accept that the Cherokee sessions are the ones referred to in the old thread - then no, not all.
Krix or Stephane don't mention them in any other way except 2002 demos in Cherokee Studio.
My understanding:

Irish Blood, English Heart
Let Me Kiss You
My Life Is A Succession of People Saying Goodbye

Teenage Dad On His Estate
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice

The last 2 being on the yet to be circulated discs.
If this isn't the case, then the assertion is there's 5 demos not out there yet.
Given the demos released match the description of tracks on the circulated disc:
I think it is just 2 remaining in the wild.
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you for being so thorough, sir!

I’m hoping that all of this discussion will encourage someone – anyone – to dig this out of their storage locker and share all the remaining tracks from it that haven’t yet been shared.

2czvmz8.jpg

This Thread Doesn't End When It's Over...

Ryan said:
Recent live performances:

- Hairdresser On Fire (last played 2004)
- Sunny (last played 1999)
- Dial-A-Cliché (live debut)
- Break Up The Family (last played 2000) - probably doesn't need to be added since it's now in the LIHS folder, although a different live recording could certainly be added to the Viva Hate era folder
- Hold On To Your Friends (last played 1997; most recently in 2017)

Recent Smiths live cover performances to Nothing Ever Dies:

- William, It Was Really Nothing (last played Feb 03, 2007)
- Is It Really So Strange? (last played Dec 11, 2009)

Of these 7 songs that have been played at recent shows, can anyone please suggest the best version/quality of each one to include? "Hold On To Your Friends" can be from 2017 or 2018 as we let that one sit idle for a while before getting back on track with updating this beast.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Of these 7 songs that have been played at recent shows, can anyone please suggest the best version/quality of each one to include? "Hold On To Your Friends" can be from 2017 or 2018 as we let that one sit idle for a while before getting back on track with updating this beast.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think Break Up The Family from the Live AT&T Sound Studio would be a great addition

I think Break Up The Family from the Live AT&T Sound Studio would be a great addition

That one has been included with the entire AT&T set in the LIHS era folder. Is there an alternative recent live version of BUTF floating around that we could add to the Viva Hate era folder for a bit of variety? Sorry, I should’ve been more clear with regards to that one.

That one has been included with the entire AT&T set in the LIHS era folder. Is there an alternative recent live version of BUTF floating around that we could add to the Viva Hate era folder for a bit of variety? Sorry, I should’ve been more clear with regards to that one.

Not to be a dick or anything but why the f*** would you put a 2018 recording in a folder that is specific to his late 80s output? Just because the song is ORIGINALLY from that period doesn't mean a new recording of it should go in that folder. It would sound totally incongruous.

The whole point back in the day when I first started assembling all these rarities, aside from selling them to idiots who didn't know how to download music or burn CDs, was to curate artifacts from specific, segmented periods of Morrissey's career. A 2018 recording of a Viva Hate song should go with the Low In High School material, as that is his most recent incarnation career-wise.

Not to be a dick or anything

>

The whole point back in the day when I first started assembling all these rarities, aside from selling them to idiots who didn't know how to download music or burn CDs,

Holy f***-tits.

I don't mind Chain Gang being removed as it's an official (and recent) release. Understandable (though in this digital era, everything is buyable, not much's out of press).

Regarding live tracks:
- I included "Break up the family" in the LIHS folder because it's part of a session. Had it been played in a gig, I wouldn't have bothered including it for versions are usually slower nowadays and not in their best arrangement. So I usually wouldn't bother with live tracks except if they're rare-played or played for the first time or if lyrics have been changed or music rearranged.

But hey that's just my opinion...

Last edited:
I don't mind Chain Gang being removed as it's an official (and recent) release. Understandable (though in this digital era, everything is buyable, not much's out of press).

Regarding live tracks:
- I included "Break up the family" in the LIHS folder because it's part of a session. Had it been played in a gig, I wouldn't have bothered including it for versions are usually slower nowadays and not in their best arrangement. So I usually wouldn't bother with live tracks except if they're rare-played or played for the first time or if lyrics have been changed or music rearranged.

But hey that's just my opinion...

Yeah, that’s cool. I was erroneously under the impression that we included present-day live renditions of obscure/rare live songs in their respective era folders, but we include them in the era that they are performed. It’s good where you’ve put the song with the rest of the session.

Hi there,

I may have missed them, but are the three b-sides for the International Playboys reissue featured somewhere in NHS? Thinking specifically of the following:

- People Are The Same Everywhere
- Action Is My Middle Name
- The Kid's A Looker

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi there,

I may have missed them, but are the three b-sides for the International Playboys reissue featured somewhere in NHS? Thinking specifically of the following:

- People Are The Same Everywhere
- Action Is My Middle Name
- The Kid's A Looker

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The 'BBC live' & 'studio in session' versions are in the old version of the NHS.
I think Mr. J. had pointed out (as I have also) that the new version of the collection had things omitted.
The 3 tracks you mention were the BBC live tracks: numbers 2, 3 & 4 in the linked folder at Mega URL below.
I haven't got time to upload all of that collection, but have added the volume with both versions to the static Mega link.
I will upload it all soon.

Older NHS collection (Volume 20 only at the moment):
https://mega.nz/#F!ZkUH0aLD!MMkXV65zIiLSfG4mxWweuA

Regards,
FWD.

The 'BBC live' & 'studio in session' versions are in the old version of the NHS.
I think Mr. J. had pointed out (as I have also) that the new version of the collection had things omitted.
The 3 tracks you mention were the BBC live tracks: numbers 2, 3 & 4 in the linked folder at Mega URL below.
I haven't got time to upload all of that collection, but have added the volume with both versions to the static Mega link.
I will upload it all soon.

Older NHS collection (Volume 20 only at the moment):
https://mega.nz/#F!ZkUH0aLD!MMkXV65zIiLSfG4mxWweuA

Regards,
FWD.

Thanks a lot, FWD, greatly appreciated!

Hi,first of all my deepest thanks and appreciation for everybody that has made these recordings available it is very much appreciated by all but I am a dinosaur and is it possible to get these tracks on cd? Any help would be fantastic,thanks

Back
Top Bottom