Never Heard Symphonies (updated, resequenced, etc) -2018-

jack0508

Of these 7 songs that have been played at recent shows, can anyone please suggest the best version/quality of each one to include? "Hold On To Your Friends" can be from 2017 or 2018 as we let that one sit idle for a while before getting back on track with updating this beast.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I think Break Up The Family from the Live AT&T Sound Studio would be a great addition

Ryan

Subscriber
I think Break Up The Family from the Live AT&T Sound Studio would be a great addition
That one has been included with the entire AT&T set in the LIHS era folder. Is there an alternative recent live version of BUTF floating around that we could add to the Viva Hate era folder for a bit of variety? Sorry, I should’ve been more clear with regards to that one.

Mr. Jackpots

Clutch.
That one has been included with the entire AT&T set in the LIHS era folder. Is there an alternative recent live version of BUTF floating around that we could add to the Viva Hate era folder for a bit of variety? Sorry, I should’ve been more clear with regards to that one.
Not to be a dick or anything but why the fuck would you put a 2018 recording in a folder that is specific to his late 80s output? Just because the song is ORIGINALLY from that period doesn't mean a new recording of it should go in that folder. It would sound totally incongruous.

The whole point back in the day when I first started assembling all these rarities, aside from selling them to idiots who didn't know how to download music or burn CDs, was to curate artifacts from specific, segmented periods of Morrissey's career. A 2018 recording of a Viva Hate song should go with the Low In High School material, as that is his most recent incarnation career-wise.

Ryan

Subscriber
Not to be a dick or anything

>

The whole point back in the day when I first started assembling all these rarities, aside from selling them to idiots who didn't know how to download music or burn CDs,
Holy fuck-tits.

!Viva Hate!

😛😇😊🥵😥😘😮😲😔😕🥰😡🤗👨🏿‍🦰🐸🤡💦👅👁👄👁🙈🙉🙊🐣🐙⚱️⚰️💉🧫🧸🍑🍆😴🇺🇸⚧
Not to be a dick or anything but why the fuck would you put a 2018 recording in a folder that is specific to his late 80s output? Just because the song is ORIGINALLY from that period doesn't mean a new recording of it should go in that folder. It would sound totally incongruous.

The whole point back in the day when I first started assembling all these rarities, aside from selling them to idiots who didn't know how to download music or burn CDs, was to curate artifacts from specific, segmented periods of Morrissey's career. A 2018 recording of a Viva Hate song should go with the Low In High School material, as that is his most recent incarnation career-wise.

dirtee rephlex

Outside your house
I don't mind Chain Gang being removed as it's an official (and recent) release. Understandable (though in this digital era, everything is buyable, not much's out of press).

Regarding live tracks:
- I included "Break up the family" in the LIHS folder because it's part of a session. Had it been played in a gig, I wouldn't have bothered including it for versions are usually slower nowadays and not in their best arrangement. So I usually wouldn't bother with live tracks except if they're rare-played or played for the first time or if lyrics have been changed or music rearranged.

But hey that's just my opinion...

Last edited:

Ryan

Subscriber
I don't mind Chain Gang being removed as it's an official (and recent) release. Understandable (though in this digital era, everything is buyable, not much's out of press).

Regarding live tracks:
- I included "Break up the family" in the LIHS folder because it's part of a session. Had it been played in a gig, I wouldn't have bothered including it for versions are usually slower nowadays and not in their best arrangement. So I usually wouldn't bother with live tracks except if they're rare-played or played for the first time or if lyrics have been changed or music rearranged.

But hey that's just my opinion...
Yeah, that’s cool. I was erroneously under the impression that we included present-day live renditions of obscure/rare live songs in their respective era folders, but we include them in the era that they are performed. It’s good where you’ve put the song with the rest of the session.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

I may have missed them, but are the three b-sides for the International Playboys reissue featured somewhere in NHS? Thinking specifically of the following:

- People Are The Same Everywhere
- Action Is My Middle Name
- The Kid's A Looker

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Hi there,

I may have missed them, but are the three b-sides for the International Playboys reissue featured somewhere in NHS? Thinking specifically of the following:

- People Are The Same Everywhere
- Action Is My Middle Name
- The Kid's A Looker

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The 'BBC live' & 'studio in session' versions are in the old version of the NHS.
I think Mr. J. had pointed out (as I have also) that the new version of the collection had things omitted.
The 3 tracks you mention were the BBC live tracks: numbers 2, 3 & 4 in the linked folder at Mega URL below.
I haven't got time to upload all of that collection, but have added the volume with both versions to the static Mega link.
I will upload it all soon.

Older NHS collection (Volume 20 only at the moment):
https://mega.nz/#F!ZkUH0aLD!MMkXV65zIiLSfG4mxWweuA

Regards,
FWD.

A

Anonymous

The 'BBC live' & 'studio in session' versions are in the old version of the NHS.
I think Mr. J. had pointed out (as I have also) that the new version of the collection had things omitted.
The 3 tracks you mention were the BBC live tracks: numbers 2, 3 & 4 in the linked folder at Mega URL below.
I haven't got time to upload all of that collection, but have added the volume with both versions to the static Mega link.
I will upload it all soon.

Older NHS collection (Volume 20 only at the moment):
https://mega.nz/#F!ZkUH0aLD!MMkXV65zIiLSfG4mxWweuA

Regards,
FWD.

Thanks a lot, FWD, greatly appreciated!

crotty32

Hi,first of all my deepest thanks and appreciation for everybody that has made these recordings available it is very much appreciated by all but I am a dinosaur and is it possible to get these tracks on cd? Any help would be fantastic,thanks

beanburger

Hi,first of all my deepest thanks and appreciation for everybody that has made these recordings available it is very much appreciated by all but I am a dinosaur and is it possible to get these tracks on cd? Any help would be fantastic,thanks
Ask any 8 year old relative. He/she will be a wizard at that!

beanburger

Er I don't think most 8 year olds would have a single clue what a CD is, never mind how to create one. They'll only know about mp3 players and streaming music to their phone.
I mean they do tech instinctively, effortlessly, and without knowing how to. Watch toddlers whizz around an iPad screen...

Ryan

Subscriber
I say let’s wait and see if the 7” version of "I Didn’t Know What To Do" differs from the one provided on the upcoming deluxe edition of LIHS before we add that one to the volume.

Famous when dead

Vulgarian

Ryan

Subscriber
@Famous when dead - any chance you’ve been keeping a list of the new stuff we need to add here since the recent tour dates? A capella bits and pieces as well and all that good stuff.

gordyboy9

GAME OF DEATH.
there will be lots of videos on youtube that will walk you through it.its very easy once you do it a few times.

Top Bottom