Neil Young pulling music from Spotify over Joe Rogan’s vaccine misinformation

A

Anonymous

Neil Young Pulling Music From Spotify Over Joe Rogan’s Vaccine Misinformation​

In an open letter to his management and record label, Neil Young has asked that his music be promptly removed from Spotify, citing COVID-19 vaccine misinformation on the platform. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” he wrote. “Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform. They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both,” Young added, referencing vaccine misinformation that Rogan has promoted on his podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience. This comes a month after 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter requesting that Spotify implement a misinformation policy.

“With an estimated 11 million listeners per episode, JRE, which is hosted exclusively on Spotify, is the world’s largest podcast and has tremendous influence,” the letter said. “Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platforms though the company presently has no misinformation policy.”

It continued: “As scientists, we face backlash and resistance as the public grows to distrust our research and expertise. As educators and science communicators, we are tasked with repairing the public’s damaged understanding of science and medicine. As physicians, we bear the arduous weight of a pandemic that has stretched our medical systems to their limits and only stands to be exacerbated by the anti-vaccination sentiment woven into this and other episodes of Rogan’s podcast.”

I'm with Neil Young on this. I can also see other artists pulling their catalogues too. I mean, if they don't, they are siding with Spotify in disseminating misinformation which leads to death. Not a good look for any artist.

Neil Young is a man of his word!

"Spotify Removes Neil Young After Joe Rogan Vaccine Flap

Spotify has officially begun removing Neil Young’s music from its platform at his request after he asked the company to choose between him and controversial podcast host Joe Rogan, The New York Times reports. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines — potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” Young wrote in a since-deleted open letter on his Neil Young Archives website. “They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.”

“Thank you WARNER BROTHERS for standing with me and taking the hit — losing 60% of my world wide streaming income in the name of Truth,” Young added in another statement published today. “SPOTIFY has become the home of life threatening COVID misinformation. Lies being sold for money … I sincerely hope that other artists and record companies will move off the SPOTIFY platform and stop supporting SPOTIFY’s deadly misinformation about COVID.”"

More:

Now, will other artists follow or will they follow the pennies?

I think it's excellent that Rogan and Spotify refuse to back down to the Leftwing fearmongering powerhungry bullies. I also think it's great that an irrelevant old hippie threw a tantrum and stomped his feet and declared an ultimatum and LOST.

Screw Neil Young; his music is garbage.

Keep asking questions. Keep having discussions. Keep saying no to the Covid paranoia. Hooray for Joe Rogan and hooray for everyone who stands by him and who stands by the need to SHUT DOWN the racist, fascist, totalitarian Left.

And more importantly than ANYTHING else...f*** Fauci.

I think it's excellent that Rogan and Spotify refuse to back down to the Leftwing fearmongering powerhungry bullies. I also think it's great that an irrelevant old hippie threw a tantrum and stomped his feet and declared an ultimatum and LOST.

Screw Neil Young; his music is garbage.

Keep asking questions. Keep having discussions. Keep saying no to the Covid paranoia. Hooray for Joe Rogan and hooray for evberyone who stands by him and who stands by the need to SHUT DOWN the racist, fascist, totalitarian Left.

And more importantly than ANYTHING else...f*** Fauci.

Hey Joe!

The problem with that stance is, other musicians have been involved in the drive for vaccinations.

But now that their percentage of a f***ing penny is at risk. . . . .

Here it f***ing comes!

"Spotify employees are vocally upset inside the company over the streaming platform’s deal with Joe Rogan due to his views on COVID vaccines, but their executive leadership has mostly stayed quiet both inside and outside the firm. Today, however, Dustee Jenkins, Spotify’s head of global communications and public relations, posted a message to the company Slack addressing employee concerns about Joe Rogan’s presence on the platform after Neil Young removed his music in protest."

More:

Read the comments under that Verge article!

Why the f*** would a music streaming company, side with a dumb f*** over Neil Young???

f*** SPOTIFY!!!

"James Blunt threatens to release new music on Spotify in protest against Joe Rogan"

“If Spotify doesn’t immediately remove Joe Rogan, I will release new music onto the platform,” he wrote on Twitterbefore ending with a hashtag that read “You were beautiful”

Neil Young and Joni Mitchell are stupid old hippies ,
What happened to freedom of speech and freedom of choice?
I guess they be working for "the man" now
Follow the money !!¡!!!

NY and Joni , mean a lot to me. They are both supremely talented but are out of touch

Its not really any great shakes coming off of spotify for a music person. I mean, I expect he only makes $3 every million plays.
Spotify are to music what The Nephew is to Morrissey art.

You only have to watch Joe's show, to see he is open and pretty heart on sleeve. He is anti woke, anti the BS of the left but his actual politic is pretty left leaning for an American. He is probably more progressive than most
I bet Joni and Neil haven't even bothered to listened to his show.

NY and Joni , mean a lot to me. They are both supremely talented but are out of touch

They’re both great artists, and people from all over the world can appreciate their art in their way. And they’re both originally from Canada. Neil Young has been described as a Canadian-American singer, musician, song writer. So to truly understand him and to be able to really feel the soul of his art, you would really need to be a Canadian or a Yank. Wouldn’t you agree?

Back
Top Bottom