Neil Tennant

Rupert

'But just as everyone at the conference began putting away their notebooks, Tennant began almost innocently enough by asking: 'So what does everyone think of Morrissey's (popular English singer) new album?'

The journalists immediately responded with positive reviews.

'His songs all seem to sound the same to me, regardless of which decade he releases them. But what do I know?' '

Do you actually think he's heard Ringleader!?

Rupert said:
'But just as everyone at the conference began putting away their notebooks, Tennant began almost innocently enough by asking: 'So what does everyone think of Morrissey's (popular English singer) new album?'

The journalists immediately responded with positive reviews.

'His songs all seem to sound the same to me, regardless of which decade he releases them. But what do I know?' '

Do you actually think he's heard Ringleader!?

He loves him really.
Did anyone see the PSBs at The Palladiam on Sunday?

I'd say he was having a jibe about his own group as much as Morrissey. Neither ever really changed or got involved with trends did they?

I have no problem with Neil Tennant at all and I like a lot of his material but you can't deny that Ringleader is a departure for Morrissey - even if you dislike the album.

Rupert said:
I have no problem with Neil Tennant at all and I like a lot of his material but you can't deny that Ringleader is a departure for Morrissey - even if you dislike the album.
I happen to love the album, but I really don't think it's anything remarkably new.

Pigsty is the only departure on the new album. The rest of it could easily have been on Maladjusted. I kind of agree with the PSB's on this one.

Having said that they were very gracious about Moz on Jonathan Ross' radio show. Neil Tennant said he was fascinated by Morrissey coming out to the sounds of the bells at the Albert Hall show. He's been spotted at quite a few shows so must be a "fan" to some extent.

My immediate reaction was that he'd not heard the record either. The reason I don't particularly have a favorite Morrissey album is because they are different. I mean, compare Kill Uncle to Quarry to ROTT and there is a wide variation of sound coming from each of them. Same can be said for each record. Seems odd to me that some can't hear any difference. Oh well.

does it really matter all that much whether or not neil tennant likes morrissey? i don't think morrissey is a particularly big pet shop boys fan either but i guess they probably appreciate and respect each other to some extent anyway. also, judging by this (which i saw on a pet shop boys message board) the kind of music they like is more dance-orientated than rock-orientated, so considering that, i think they probably like morrissey more than they like many other rock-groups/singers - here's the cut-and-paste form the pet shop boys board:

They did a show called "Kassettendeck" for german radio station Eins Live, where pop stars or celebreties can choose a few of their favourite tracks at the moment.

http://www.einslive.de/diemusik/diesendungen/kultkomplex_spezial/kassettendeck/pet_shop_boys.phtml

The text is in german but the audio-files are Neil and Chris.

They choose:

Mandy vs. Booka Shade --> Body language

Lorraine --> I feel it

Justice vs. Simian --> We are your friends

Gnarls Barkley --> Crazy

The Killers --> Mr. Brightside (Think white duke Remix)

Madonna --> Sorry (PSB Maxi-Mix)

Undo --> Believe me (Daryl Remix)

West End Girls --> West End Girls

Ladytron --> Destroy everything you touch

Etienne Dado --> La baie

oh, and also, dazzak i agree, i don't think rott is that much of a departure from anything he's done before either - that's the thing about morrissey, he doesn't really seem to change that much at all (for better and for worse) apart from his voice which keeps getting better.

Back
Top Bottom