Neil Tennant (PSB) references Moz

Gaetano

Half A Person
I'm sure this was already posted when it was released, or at least seen by some of you, but I just came across this clip which seems to be from an Oscar Wilde documentary and Neil Tennant makes some interesting points about Wilde's influence on 20th century music, and even refers to Moz at about 2:16

I'm sure this was already posted when it was released, or at least seen by some of you, but I just came across this clip which seems to be from an Oscar Wilde documentary and Neil Tennant makes some interesting points about Wilde's influence on 20th century music, and even refers to Moz at about 2:16

Now he's bald with some grey spots looking like a cancer patient and calls his music eclectic.

Time ro reach for the handgun.

neils obviously very passionate about Oscar wilde,same as mozz.

"It's the tragic downfall"...this seems to be more true today then ever. Building people up only to tear them down. The strange, peculiar, outside the norm, against the grain artist whether a songwriter, playwright, author, artist, or entertainer often times are the most interesting and misunderstood.

There are fewer things braver than opening oneself up to ridicule and criticism in order to express your thoughts and feelings. This site is just one example of this. Trolls have existed since Jesus walked the Earth and they exist today. But true art finds its way above all the din and backtalk in the time in which it was created. Voices that fade into the distance leaving only the beauty of what was created by sheer inspiration and a willingness to express oneself no matter the consequences. The clip brings this to light.

Now he's bald with some grey spots looking like a cancer patient and calls his music eclectic.

Time ro reach for the handgun.

Hope that gun is pointed straight at you. Saw them in 2016 and they were still brilliant.

Last edited:
Hope that gun is pointed straight at you. Saw them in 2016 and they were still brilliant.

They've always been brilliant but nothing ages with dignity. He used to have class but calling his music eclectic is just taking the piss.

I will kill myself by stabbing my own heart with a knife cause a gun makes too much noise. The vein on the side of the neck is also an option and it takes 2 minutes according to a nurse and then you are dead.

I absolutely love Pet Shop Boys. They started out pretty much at the same time as Morrissey and have managed to have a prolific, dignified and an admirably consistent career over three decades now. Sure, some albums have been better than others, but even the weaker ones have their moments, and each era is consolidated with some great b-sides and stray tracks. Their cover art, live shows, the reissues with loooong interview booklets and extra tracks, the best ever fan club magazine Literally (nowadays Annually)... Everything they do shows the care and intelligence placed in every aspect of their career.

In 2006 I interviewed Neil and after the interview he asked me what I thought about the new Morrissey record (Ringleader). I asked him why he asked me that, and he said that I seemed just like somebody who would be interested in Morrissey. Apparently Chris liked the album a lot, Neil was still sitting on the fence about it.

I absolutely love Pet Shop Boys. They started out pretty much at the same time as Morrissey and have managed to have a prolific, dignified and an admirably consistent career over three decades now. Sure, some albums have been better than others, but even the weaker ones have their moments, and each era is consolidated with some great b-sides and stray tracks. Their cover art, live shows, the reissues with loooong interview booklets and extra tracks, the best ever fan club magazine Literally (nowadays Annually)... Everything they do shows the care and intelligence placed in every aspect of their career.

In 2006 I interviewed Neil and after the interview he asked me what I thought about the new Morrissey record (Ringleader). I asked him why he asked me that, and he said that I seemed just like somebody who would be interested in Morrissey. Apparently Chris liked the album a lot, Neil was still sitting on the fence about it.

'Apparently Chris liked the album a lot, Neil was still sitting on the fence about it.'

Apparently, Chris is the one that has great taste in music.

:cool:

'Apparently Chris liked the album a lot, Neil was still sitting on the fence about it.'

Apparently, Chris is the one that has great taste in music.

:cool:

Nah; Chris just loves the Kegs... :brows:

Tags
pet shop boys
Back
Top Bottom