Neil Hannon on Morrissey

However, there are quite a few topics that still vex him, including Brexit and immigration (“It’s just every man for himself – we are us and everyone else can go to hell. It’s so lacking in overview; every tribe has been migrants at one stage”), “mental” Morrissey (he used to be one of the “funniest writers” but seems to “have turned in on himself as time went on”) and contemporary singer-songwriters (“a load of old moaners, with not a lot to say”).

https://inews.co.uk/culture/divine-comedy-office-politics-neil-hannon-interview-tour/

Great, love The Divine Comedy.
They even namechecked Morrissey one of their latter hits. Indie Disco I think.

However, there are quite a few topics that still vex him, including Brexit and immigration (“It’s just every man for himself – we are us and everyone else can go to hell. It’s so lacking in overview; every tribe has been migrants at one stage”), “mental” Morrissey (he used to be one of the “funniest writers” but seems to “have turned in on himself as time went on”) and contemporary singer-songwriters (“a load of old moaners, with not a lot to say”).

https://inews.co.uk/culture/divine-comedy-office-politics-neil-hannon-interview-tour/
It think you have to give him a bit of leeway. We go on about it, racism is horrible, but it's not the be all and end all. I've said racist things. I don't think I'm inherently racist though. I'm too insecure to be threatening to other people. We casually throw racism into our everyday conversation. It's wrong. But we're human. It doesn't mean we're hunting down the next immigrant we come across.

It think you have to give him a bit of leeway. We go on about it, racism is horrible, but it's not the be all and end all. I've said racist things. I don't think I'm inherently racist though. I'm too insecure to be threatening to other people. We casually throw racism into our everyday conversation. It's wrong. But we're human. It doesn't mean we're hunting down the next immigrant we come across.
It's a pattern of behaviour rather than an isolated incident, though, isn't it?

It's a pattern of behaviour rather than an isolated incident, though, isn't it?
I know uncle. But you're persecuting one individual. Morrissey is more vague. He's being racist, he's discriminating against groups of people. You're discriminating against a particular individual. You're causing more harm to Morrissey than he's causing to people he's never met before.

As I say, it's a side of him I don't like. But we have to get away from this notion that being racist bars you ftom polite society. As long as you're not actively trying to do away with people who aren't the same colour as you, it's a discussion. Not a threatening finger

I know uncle. But you're persecuting one individual. Morrissey is more vague. He's being racist, he's discriminating against groups of people. You're discriminating against a particular individual. You're causing more harm to Morrissey than he's causing to people he's never met before.
Wait, what? If you're asking me to despise racists - I do. Even it's an individual....errr....

Morrissey doesn't like to see the England he loves disappearing, and not even naturally, but by engineered means.

He is hated for loving.

Unlike Morrissey, the epitome of strength and machismo. A tax-evading queen too afraid to give an interview to another human being in person!
Don't call him a queen you silly bastard.

Moz is an ubermensch in comparison to Neil Hannon.

And journalists lie.

And they're all lefty snowflakes.

Last edited:
Wait, what? If you're asking me to despise racists - I do. Even it's an individual....errr....
I wasn't being rude, but it depends on how much racism actually means to you. People can be racist but I dont think it warrants the end of a career or social stigma. It's a different point of view I feel we have to prevent racism becoming a swear word. Some people, are racist. You can choose to like them or not. It's not a big thing.

I wasn't being rude, but it depends on how much racism actually means to you. People can be racist but I dont think it warrants the end of a career or social stigma. It's a different point of view I feel we have to prevent racism becoming a swear word. Some people, are racist. You can choose to like them or not. It's not a big thing.

Oh, that's where you and I differ. I believe you should show absolute intolerance to racists. It's the Popper paradox. f*** 'em.

Oh, that's where you and I differ. I believe you should show absolute intolerance to racists. It's the Popper paradox. f*** 'em.
You've got me there. Not heard of the Popper Paradox. But as I say, some people are racist. They're not going to harm anyone, you probably heard me getting riled by viva. I got more racist the more he annoyed me. I'm still working and conversing with all different races. I still don't think racism in itself, is such a big deal.

You've got me there. Not heard of the Popper Paradox. But as I say, some people are racist. They're not going to harm anyone, you probably heard me getting riled by viva. I got more racist the more he annoyed me. I'm still working and conversing with all different races. I still don't think racism in itself, is such a big deal.

It absolutely is. As I said, we differ on that.

Don't call him a queen you silly bastard.

Moz is an ubermensch is comparison.

And journalists lie.

And they're all lefty snowflakes.
You never fail to amuse me with your characterization of THEM (whoever "they" may be) as all being two-dimensionally one thing, while you and yours contain nuance, subtlety and are always deserving of the benefit of the doubt. My favorite clown on this trash website.

It absolutely is. As I said, we differ on that.
I know uncle. I'm not saying it's nice, or should be encouraged, but it's what it is. Racism. It's not a swear word. I'm racist some days when I'm being annoyed, but then other days I'm placid. I don't think it should be used against people. I'm racist but I wouldn't harm a fly!

I know uncle. I'm not saying it's nice, or should be encouraged, but it's what it is. Racism. It's not a swear word. I'm racist some days when I'm being annoyed, but then other days I'm placid. I don't think it should be used against people. I'm racist but I wouldn't harm a fly!

In which case, f*** you to hell and back. Try walking down the street proclaiming your views.

What an appalling attitude!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom