Neil Hannon interview (Moz content)

Neil Hannon: Performing is my job... a bit of mass adulation does you no harm every now and then - Belfast Telegraph

Excerpt:

He has been known to sit doing jigsaw puzzles while conducting interviews over the phone, such is Neil Hannon's disdain for the often banal questions put to him about his life and music. But when I manage to engage him with a bit of tittle-tattle about fellow music legend Morrissey, imparted by a friend who met him in Dublin recently, and not to be repeated in a public format (unfortunately), lo and behold, the Londonderry-born bishop's son comes back with a quick anecdote of his own.

"Ah, poor Mozzer," he sighs in response to the Mancunian's secret misfortune. "I admire him greatly. I met him once at a Hot Press gig in Belfast. It was quite odd.

"I was summoned to his side, but when he saw that I had my wife with me, he suddenly lost interest, heh-heh-heh!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I met Morrissey backstage once. He came over to me and asked me about the Scottish soap opera "Take the High Road". After explaining that it was no longer on television and had been replaced by "River City" my then wife sidled over. I introduced her and he asked how long we had been married. I told him "5 years" to which he replied, while looking deep into my eyes, "Too long, too long...time for a change." and then he walked off.

Interestingly I discovered a short while after this that she had been having an affair...so Mozzer was right, it was time for a change.

I met Morrissey backstage once. He came over to me and asked me about the Scottish soap opera "Take the High Road". After explaining that it was no longer on television and had been replaced by "River City" my then wife sidled over. I introduced her and he asked how long we had been married. I told him "5 years" to which he replied, while looking deep into my eyes, "Too long, too long...time for a change." and then he walked off.

Interestingly I discovered a short while after this that she had been having an affair...so Mozzer was right, it was time for a change.
Bloody hell this site is getting far too personal. I love The Divine Comedy but Neil Hannon's comment was unwarranted. Some things should remain private.

Bloody hell this site is getting far too personal. I love The Divine Comedy but Neil Hannon's comment was unwarranted. Some things should remain private.

Well, the journalist had the grace to keep that tittle-tattle from his friend about Moz private (although he told it Hannon, of course).

I know what you mean but Moz is so funny.
I really like both little stories.
I doesn't do him any harm.
Gerrit

It's got nothing to do with this site. It's in a newspaper. In the public domain. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

It's got nothing to do with this site. It's in a newspaper. In the public domain. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Well you could try but I would strongly advise against it:)
There is a memory though from many years ago. The tubes with the toothpaste were more like tin-canned or how do you express that in English. Not plastic.
I remember staying as a child at family making a mess and was ashamed and tried to get it back in the tube. I thought I could fold it and it would be more or less inside.
For anyone of the youthful here:
It doesn't work out.
Gerrit

Weird. Morrissey the marriage counselor. Somehow he seems unqualified

Blood Hell, Crykey! Where's Bell Fast?

I reckon me think Nancy was probably with Morrissey and this freak lost interest.

I did not know Morrissey could read minds! Wow, a hidden talent. Who is to say that Neil's female friend was his wife? It could of just been a friend. Why do these people make these back handed insinuations? Morrissey has gone on record as saying he has had sex with both male and female. Why would this "scare him off"? Nothing happened here and if it did then it's in Neil's mind!

It's been awhile since we've had a poll here, hasn't it? Can someone please put a list together of 10 options of unfortunate possibilities that shouldn't be retold publicly?

Morton Harket's anecdote was funnier but this is the right side of snide....why is Morrissey jealous of monogamous romantically entwined heterosexuals? Why doesn't he just celebrate his Humasexuality?.....*thinking*.....LOL!

I did not know Morrissey could read minds! Wow, a hidden talent. Who is to say that Neil's female friend was his wife? It could of just been a friend. Why do these people make these back handed insinuations? Morrissey has gone on record as saying he has had sex with both male and female. Why would this "scare him off"? Nothing happened here and if it did then it's in Neil's mind!
have* could have
And you seem overly upset about this. It's a funny little story and any implications are actually in your mind aren't they? He doesn't actually say why having his wife with him cooled Morrissey's interest. Maybe she just came from her job at the abattoir and was wearing a bloody apron.

:rofl:
yeah, and YOU haven't been on this forum in a loooong time to share YOUR opinion !

how do you restrain yourself ? :thumb:
You have posted that you'd rather make up your own truth so when you declare something to be the truth, it's like your delusions have become exponential. And this topic is definitely one where you seem to want to have everyone in complete agreement with your delusional thinking.
KS sees Morrissey post about homosexuality or racism...
dNVvntX.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom