NBA star Kevin Durant arrives in India wearing a Morrissey "Boxers" shirt

The usual scattered and meaningless pop cultural appropriation a la Urban Outfitters t-shirt rack or an actual fan?

He did go to college in Austin and lives in SF now. I wonder.

40446_40444_Screenshot_20170728-081420.jpg

Kill Uncle Fan writes:

Kevin Durant arrives in India wearing a Morrissey Boxers Shirt

I had ESPN on tonight and just happened to glance up at the screen and saw the NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant wearing a Morrissey Boxers shirt as he arrived in India.

40445_kevin_durant.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 27:

Posted by CaffeineBloodstream:

For whatever it's worth, Kevin Durant explained in the Bill Simmons podcast. When asked by a listener, he said he wasn't into Morrissey but liked the t-shirt.

skip to 26:30:
https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...752/kevin-durant-iv-ask-kevin-anything-part-1

Last edited by a moderator:
looking at google, he did go to austin. so he def could've been exposed to mozzer there. or he could just have a stylist that gives him clothes to wear. i noticed this happening 5 or so years ago, with the 80s band t-shirts worn by clueless celebrities. there should be a rule that you should only wear band/movie/artist t-shirts of people/media you admire, not because you think it looks cool.

looking at google, he did go to austin. so he def could've been exposed to mozzer there. or he could just have a stylist that gives him clothes to wear. i noticed this happening 5 or so years ago, with the 80s band t-shirts worn by clueless celebrities. there should be a rule that you should only wear band/movie/artist t-shirts of people/media you admire, not because you think it looks cool.

I relate to your irritation but it is just clothing when it's all said and done. I'm equally annoyed when people wear band t-shirts as if it were their only tangible form of identity as well.

Kevin Durant definitely lived in Austin multiple years. He went to my uni, and even came back to school to Austin to finish his degree after already pocketing 10s of millions.

Sam appeared interested in it - so Il Duce is probably suitably informed.
Appears to be the twitter video uploaded to his FB acc. and shared.
Can't share that though - only screen cap due to FB privacy settings.
(unless the media section hosts videos which I don't think it does).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
No way in hell KD has ever even heard the name Morrissey. 100% his stylist, vintage tees are what's popping for celebrities right now.

He spent a night with Chloe plus the shirt is too small for any black dude to feel at ease. Tightish fashion is for whites only.

Reckon what does going to college in Austin have to do with being an Uncle Steve fan? Reckon I think he probably thought the last name of the boxer on the front of the shirt was named Morrissey. Reckon next his fashion assistant will give him a "Johny Rotten" shirt and then he will be called a Trump supporter on the internet.

It starts at 3:30.

Last edited:
this is like when Drake bought a '92 skinhead girls shirt from procell last year

i like the fact that they aren't fans,how exciting would it be to start from scratch and get every album and listen to them for the first time,most on here will never experience that again but these people can if nudged in the right direction.

i like the fact that they aren't fans,how exciting would it be to start from scratch and get every album and listen to them for the first time,most on here will never experience that again but these people can if nudged in the right direction.

True. People can also be fans of other aspects of him. Of how out spoken he can be or his vaganism or just his image and fashion sense. I've envied the look of many a music artist who's music I hated and copied many a look from people's who's work I was ignorant of

True. People can also be fans of other aspects of him. Of how out spoken he can be or his vaganism or just his image and fashion sense. I've envied the look of many a music artist who's music I hated and copied many a look from people's who's work I was ignorant of

True - I just think it's a bit pompous to be so certain someone is not a fan (or has no idea who Morrissey is) mainly b/c they are famous and don't fit into some preconceived mold. If you saw some random stranger walking down the street in a Morrissey shirt, would you immediately assume they found the shirt and have no idea who Morrissey is? Of course not, so why is that the case when an athlete wears one?

Yes, I get that celebs have stylists and wardrobe people and there's a (good) chance KD has no clue who Morrissey is - but no one should dogmatically state it as fact.

Last edited:
No way in hell KD has ever even heard the name Morrissey. 100% his stylist, vintage tees are what's popping for celebrities right now.
Aaaaggghhhh! That's like saying Your Arsenal is vintage because it was released 25 years ago. To me it is a fairly modern record. Man I must be vintage myself! Aaaagh. Times tide doesn't smother you as much as washes everything away.

Last edited:
Most people these days can barely listen to one song from start to finish. I was watching Dunkirk in a luxury screen in the cinema last night and three young guys came in late, talked through half the film, and checked their phones at length for minutes at a time. Eventually I had to change seat. Modern life is rubbish and is becoming a bit of a blur. Why people pay good money for expensive cinema seats (or concert tickets for that matter) only to be 10% mentally present is beyond my understanding.

Aaaaggghhhh! That's like saying Your Arsenal is vintage because it was released 25 years ago. To me it is a fairly modern record. Man I must be vintage myself! Aaaagh. Times tine doesn't smother you as much as washes everything away.

Times tine? What's that?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom