NBA star Kevin Durant arrives in India wearing a Morrissey "Boxers" shirt

The usual scattered and meaningless pop cultural appropriation a la Urban Outfitters t-shirt rack or an actual fan?

He did go to college in Austin and lives in SF now. I wonder.

40446_40444_Screenshot_20170728-081420.jpg

Kill Uncle Fan writes:

Kevin Durant arrives in India wearing a Morrissey Boxers Shirt

I had ESPN on tonight and just happened to glance up at the screen and saw the NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant wearing a Morrissey Boxers shirt as he arrived in India.

40445_kevin_durant.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 27:

Posted by CaffeineBloodstream:

For whatever it's worth, Kevin Durant explained in the Bill Simmons podcast. When asked by a listener, he said he wasn't into Morrissey but liked the t-shirt.

skip to 26:30:
https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...752/kevin-durant-iv-ask-kevin-anything-part-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I like your post! :thumb:

" But shame on all the people assuming he doesn't even know who Morrissey is because he's black and a basketball player."

Yes, remember the fuss about the Alec Baldwin T-shirt?
Just assuming Kevin Durant doesn't know anything about the name on his shirt because he is black and a basketball icon seems as racist to me.

Even when his musical taste is that you don't expect him to like Morrissey, he could still appreciate him for other reasons.
And why can't he wear anything that he thinks is cool?
He can and he does !
It's a big f*** you sign to all the racists.:thumb:

You are incredibly naive and have no idea how much stick he and other black men will get for wearing something that is considered white. Why do you think there are racial gangs out there on the streets and in the prisons?

You might have this peace and love manifesto outlook on life but it is very far removed from reality and if you ever visited reality, I am sure you never do, then you would see things differently.

The racist card doesn't work anymore as racism is everywhere now and what about the black lives matter people that hate someone like you not for who or what you are but because of the colour of your skin?

Everyone knows Moz has black fans and one even stormed the stage at a gig but it is not easy for a black person to have a white idol. Sometimes you come across as a bit of a clown which has to do with the generation you come from cause excuse me for saying it but older people are not up to date on anything these days.

I think it is cool that he wears a Moz shirt instead of what people expect so kudos to him.

Wow, I like your post! :thumb:

" But shame on all the people assuming he doesn't even know who Morrissey is because he's black and a basketball player."

Yes, remember the fuss about the Alec Baldwin T-shirt?
Just assuming Kevin Durant doesn't know anything about the name on his shirt because he is black and a basketball icon seems as racist to me.

Even when his musical taste is that you don't expect him to like Morrissey, he could still appreciate him for other reasons.
And why can't he wear anything that he thinks is cool?
He can and he does !
It's a big f*** you sign to all the racists.:thumb:

If you see it like that then you have the mind of a racist.

Ever thought about that?

Anyone know who the boxer is on the shirt, black or white boxer?

Almost looks like a young swedish Ingemar Johansson, dad knew him well.

I don't get it - I could easily see someone being both a Tupac and Morrissey/Smiths fan. Why not?

Well if you were a teen fan in the eighties when music was more tribalistic and hip hop not a part of the mainstream experience then I might see people thinking they conflict but if you came of age in the late nineties or 00's when it became common to be exposed to all sorts of music it makes more sense as you'd have more examples of people liking all sorts of things people once thought to be opposed. People aren't so narrowly defined by the music they listen to these days but this is largely a more recent phenomenon

This stupid motherf***er has a goddam Tupac tattoo, you think he even knows WHAT Morrissey is? f*** him and that repulsive jungle game he plays. It's just like beiber wearing a TQID shirt. f***ing rich posers!

This stupid motherf***er has a goddam Tupac tattoo, you think he even knows WHAT Morrissey is? f*** him and that repulsive jungle game he plays. It's just like beiber wearing a TQID shirt. f***ing rich posers!

Now THAT I would consider racist. Pointing out the fact that it is rare for black people to sport Moz shirts is not racist cause that is a true observation of both the past and the current times.

it's a wonderfull T shirt , and surely that a NBA star is wearing it, wonder if Kevein Durant really has Morrissey or Smiths CD's , maybe we'll be suprised.

Have a great saturday evening and sunday morning sir Quando.

And you too, celibate! :thumb:

You are incredibly naive and have no idea how much stick he and other black men will get for wearing something that is considered white. Why do you think there are racial gangs out there on the streets and in the prisons?

You might have this peace and love manifesto outlook on life but it is very far removed from reality and if you ever visited reality, I am sure you never do, then you would see things differently.

The racist card doesn't work anymore as racism is everywhere now and what about the black lives matter people that hate someone like you not for who or what you are but because of the colour of your skin?

Everyone knows Moz has black fans and one even stormed the stage at a gig but it is not easy for a black person to have a white idol. Sometimes you come across as a bit of a clown which has to do with the generation you come from cause excuse me for saying it but older people are not up to date on anything these days.

I think it is cool that he wears a Moz shirt instead of what people expect so kudos to him.

But that was all I said anyway, kudos to Kevin Durant!
And kudos to Moz for his shirt of James Baldwin.
I am not naive in that sense you seem to think with regarding " real life". But you are as always doing the same now with your generalizations about old people and they are the same as your racist comments. You are a complete imbecile.

So what do you mean by kudos to Kevin Durant if you have made numerous racist comments regarding blacks?
One time you say this, next time you say something completely different and the opposite. You don't seem to realize you are the clown and not an entertaining or funny one, for that matter.
Cheers Urbs!

Last edited:
If you see it like that then you have the mind of a racist.

Ever thought about that?

No and I don't see how you can say that it is racist to say the shirt is a f*** you sign to ALL racists.
But you will undoubtedly twist and spin and come up with useless bullshit and insults to prove your not existing point.

But that was all I said anyway, kudos to Kevin Durant!
And kudos to Moz for his shirt of Alec Baldwin.
I am not naive in that sense you seem to think with regarding " real life". But you are as always doing the same now with your generalizations about old people and they are the same as your racist comments. You are a complete imbecile.

So what do you mean by kudos to Kevin Durant if you have made numerous racist comments regarding blacks?
One time you say this, next time you say something completely different and the opposite. You don't seem to realize you are the clown and not an entertaining or funny one, for that matter.
Cheers Urbs!

I take some of the comments back if you allow me to?

I have made loads of jokes that some see as racist in the past and I might still post those. I have a weird sense of humour which shouldn't come as any surprise by now.

Imbecile I am!

No and I don't see how you can say that it is racist to say the shirt is a f*** you sign to ALL racists.
But you will undoubtedly twist and spin and come up with useless bullshit and insults to prove your not existing point.

You are the master at twisting things so I won't ever compete with you.

I was a bit harsh to you, Gerrit, in the above comments. I hope you get my message anyway.

Sorry! (trolls never say sorry).

Okay, forget about it.
I will too.

It's just a shirt with print on it, can't we all just get along?

LOL

Where the hell is skinny? Hit by a truck or did they throw away the key?

Dang it. Need to know what to think. Is this good or bad?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom