National Day of Prayer

Yeah, Faith is so overrated :rolleyes: How about wishful thinking -that doesn't involve a God, it must be okay. Even if you're praying and possibly talking to yourself ;) where's the harm in asking for strength and guidance?

Nightingale, you meant well (thanks) but no good deed goes unpunished. Feel free to keep me in your thoughts or hey, even PRAY FOR ME! I need all the help I can get.

Last edited:
I will wholeheartedly pray for you Corr and all the rest who have posted here, even the naysayers...sorry guys. :pray:

I respect eveyones position, but I will remain unwavered in my faith in God and in the power of prayer.

While I have had some atheist/agnostic posts and my sig is a dig at religious people, I do not think people should stop doing something that makes them feel good.

My mother is in a church. It makes her happy. She sings in the choir, she has a reason to get out of the house and something to look forward to. Why would I want to take that from her?

There are plenty of people who are religious in a healthy way. I hope it continues for them.

We're agreed then religion, the best way to keep fools busy.

Mark Fox & Lil Markie would like to dedicate a song to this thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew it:
"She believes in something. Get her!"

Actually Flax I LOLed. Good job finding someone to laugh at, but what is it, do you suppose, that made that man get up there and risk your ridicule? Greed? Ego, perhaps? Or just maybe there was something in his life that moved him so much that he just had to share it with someone, anyone; however uncool the delivery method would seem 20 years on. Don't you ever wish something moved you that much?

Well something has moved me that much, and it would be wrong of me if I didn't act on it. So mock a way I can bare it, but there are people here that needed something like this.

I hold no ill feelings toward you by the way, nor anyone else who feel the need to sling names. God still loves you just as much as He loves me. And that is what this is all about love, I've asked for nothing else but the chance to share my time with people who want it. So keep those requests coming, I've got all day.

i can't believe nightingale is the one being called pretentious and patronizing.

i no more like believers calling non-believers stupid or silly for NOT believing in something then i do non-believers calling believers foolish FOR believing in something. everyone has their own reasons for believing what they do. as long as no one is harming anyone else, as uncle skinny pointed out, stfu. nightingale was just trying to be nice. she was not being preachy. if you don't want to take her up on her offer, just ignore the thread.

I had the feeling that nightingale was taking the piss

The language used wasn't exactly conducive to a philosophical debate

Last edited by a moderator:
If I am wrong, let TheNightingale come back and have one

Tags
jesus vs santa
Back
Top Bottom