Nasty Comments about others...inpired by Morrissey's new book

terrancestamp

Any reviewer that says the book is overcooked, overwritten or too poetic is automatically showing themselves as an asshole. Even if you feel this way don't be a prick enough to put into print to make yourself look better than Morrissey. Here's a clue...you never will be!

So you think no-one should be allowed to express their disappointment with the Autobiography in print...when Morrissey has just spent over 400 pages spewing venom in every direction, about virtually everyone has has ever come into contact with, ever? :squiffy:

So you think no-one should be allowed to express their disappointment with the Autobiography in print...when Morrissey has just spent over 400 pages spewing venom in every direction, about virtually everyone has has ever come into contact with, ever? :squiffy:

He “spewed venom” on the ones who f***ed him over and they probably deserved it and that especially includes the media.

He “spewed venom” on the ones who f***ed him over and they probably deserved it and that especially includes the media.

Yeah, the entire world has f***ed him over, it exists solely to torture him via an endless series of inept managers, producers, record bosses, bandmates, lovers, friends, teachers, journalists and musicians. Shut up you ridiculous child.

Last edited:
Yeah, the entire world has f***ed him over, it exists solely to torture him via an endless series of inept managers, producers, record bosses, bandmates, lovers, friends, teachers, journalists and musicians. Shut up you ridiculous child.

f*** you, Amy! Go listen to your old dusty Beatles albums!

I think you missed the point. I said specifically if you review the book and say it is over writing you automatically put yourself in a position of being superior. I think it's called a catch 22. So just don't do it! I don't mind if people hate the book or love it. Makes no difference to me. Opinions are like assholes...everybody's got one.

I do find it mildly amusing that Morrissey made fun of (and rightful so) people who use Bigmouth or Heaven knows in the title of reviews. That still didn't stop people from doing it to his book. Several reviewers used those in the title. Not sure if it was on purpose or just dumb luck.

I think you missed the point. I said specifically if you review the book and say it is over writing you automatically put yourself in a position of being superior. I think it's called a catch 22. So just don't do it! I don't mind if people hate the book or love it. Makes no difference to me. Opinions are like assholes...everybody's got one.

I do find it mildly amusing that Morrissey made fun of (and rightful so) people who use Bigmouth or Heaven knows in the title of reviews. That still didn't stop people from doing it to his book. Several reviewers used those in the title. Not sure if it was on purpose or just dumb luck.

1. What is "over writing"? I just ask since you have strong opinions on how people should write.

2. I don't think you understand the term "catch 22." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_(logic)

3. If you want to hate critics for being useless parasites that's fine but you can't legitimately be mad at them only when they disagree with you or find fault with the thing they are reviewing. Presumably they have some knowledge or expertise in their chosen field of criticism. You're not going to find Steven Spielberg reviewing films. He is too busy making his own. But some people could conceivably have the ability to offer insight into the art of film, having studied it, and not having the drive, desire, or ability to actually do it. I can't play the violin but I know the difference between good and bad by the sound and by the way I react. If I hear a poor violinist I know they are poor and I don't need to know how to play to tell that.

Your point, and the way you reacted to Amy is juvenile, but then you seem to be about 13 so that's fair enough. Don't make this about Catch 22 or I'll have to come back and explain it. It requires two options which both produce the same result. Read the link and see if you can work it out. If you still think you're right, explain why in complete sentences using "if/then." If nothing else you will learn something.

I'm not sure what your point is.
Critics will review books. It's their job.
Reviews will range from favourable to damning. End of.
This sentence - "I said specifically if you review the book and say it is over writing you automatically put yourself in a position of being superior."
What on earth are you talking about? If you are reviewing something you must have the right to criticise otherwise what's the point?
However, if you are 13 as Anon suggests then I withdraw all of the above and I apologise for picking on you.

An online rag named Slate Magazine did it again today with "Heaven Knows He's Miserable Now". Wow! How original! Can they be any more boring, repetitive and unimaginative?!

An online rag named Slate Magazine did it again today with "Heaven Knows He's Miserable Now". Wow! How original! Can they be any more boring, repetitive and unimaginative?!

Well, they could try commenting on a book they haven't read for a week or so. How original. Could you be any more boring, repetitive and unimaginative. Probably!

Disappoinment? How so?
Surely the whole point of an autobiography is to express everything about a particular life, also including the rough edges, the disillusionment, real life disappointments, personal tragedies and all of the dark stuff that makes up a whole life experiences
It is apparent just how inexperienced you are in life as a whole, because there aint any pink candycane all tied up with a pretty pink ribbon, as you will no doubt eventually find out, through living your life onward, slowly toward it's conclusion
I also think that you have to be a Northener around Manchester of that era to understand where he is coming from when he writes about certain locations, and memories of this n that
I am dipping rather than reading front to back, and I like what I read so far

Well, they could try commenting on a book they haven't read for a week or so. How original. Could you be any more boring, repetitive and unimaginative. Probably!

Right, this coming from someone who drones on with the same shit in every post.

Right, this coming from someone who drones on with the same shit in every post.

You haven't read the book. This thread is about the book. Therefore, you are 'off-topic' and full of shit. Mind you, that applies to every single comment you've ever made in any thread. Tough love: give up the online tough-guy/bitch on forums stuff. Knitting? Rugby? Find another hobby. Stand-up comic? Because everyone is laughing at you.

Disappoinment? How so?
Surely the whole point of an autobiography is to express everything about a particular life, also including the rough edges, the disillusionment, real life disappointments, personal tragedies and all of the dark stuff that makes up a whole life experiences
It is apparent just how inexperienced you are in life as a whole, because there aint any pink candycane all tied up with a pretty pink ribbon, as you will no doubt eventually find out, through living your life onward, slowly toward it's conclusion
I also think that you have to be a Northener around Manchester of that era to understand where he is coming from when he writes about certain locations, and memories of this n that
I am dipping rather than reading front to back, and I like what I read so far

Disappointed in the sense that there are notable omissions from the book, that he skips over the Smiths part very quickly and dedicates a considerable amount of space to digging over the court case and generally settling scores? Generally I found it quite an uneven read, with some sections much stronger than others.

I don't really know where the comment about the 'pink candycane' comes from or what inspired you to say it, just completely unwarranted. I'm a working-class Northerner and I've lived in Manchester for years.
If you're dipping through the book and haven't read it properly yet, how can you chastise others for voicing their views on it (critics included)?

You haven't read the book. This thread is about the book. Therefore, you are 'off-topic' and full of shit. Mind you, that applies to every single comment you've ever made in any thread. Tough love: give up the online tough-guy/bitch on forums stuff. Knitting? Rugby? Find another hobby. Stand-up comic? Because everyone is laughing at you.

Dude, you’ve been 'off topic' from day one. :crazy:

Disappointed in the sense that there are notable omissions from the book, that he skips over the Smiths part very quickly and dedicates a considerable amount of space to digging over the court case and generally settling scores? Generally I found it quite an uneven read, with some sections much stronger than others.

I don't really know where the comment about the 'pink candycane' comes from or what inspired you to say it, just completely unwarranted. I'm a working-class Northerner and I've lived in Manchester for years.
If you're dipping through the book and haven't read it properly yet, how can you chastise others for voicing their views on it (critics included)?

The court case drama was a huge event in Morrissey’s’ life that stayed with him until with this book he can finally get some closure from it. The Judge had an agenda and a beef with Morrissey from the start and he’s been holding that shit in for years. But you just won’t accept that will you?

Last edited:
Oh for god sakes, Amy don't go on. You said you were disappointed. Return the book then, simple as. Having been a fan since gladiola I know what I'm saying is right, so off to bed with you because I'm doing the same. Maybe you would like a weighted tome instead like Lord of the Rings. Tough, you got what you got. Now go read it and shut up, or get your money back.
Absolutely. Amy, how dare you say anything against the Bible, I mean the Autobiography.
Your reasoned criticism is an outrage!

Back
Top Bottom