Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium (May 28, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Certain People I Know / Let Me Kiss You / Trouble Loves Me / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs.

• Image gallery on flickr (4 total) posted by FDR.

nashville.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
Blue Rose Society...GROW UP. True fans do not relate to your possessive outlooks-I am trying to be polite here. The cult comments sound strange and if accurate you should DIAL IT DOWN. Now, those upset by the message any Morrissey fan should be familiar with-do not eat them, slaughter for fur/leather, test them, or abuse them- accept this is how Morrissey gets the point across.

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

Why shouldn't he show this stuff? You say you love animals, but then become offended when somebody shows the slaughter of them. I know it's cosier not to be faced with this and ignore it. However, it would also be cosier not to go to see a singer who makes you think. God forbid! Morrissey loves animals and puts his life out there into his music, so why wouldn't show this? One would do better to stop in and insulate yourself at home or go see Neil Sedaka.

Sure it makes people think but not all veggie people care for the hypocritical things Morrissey does. Not all veggie people really want the negative image that organizations like PETA give to them. PETA is humiliating.It is like veg for celebrities.They are flakes. There are plenty of other people on this planet who choose to be meat free and don't care for the way they are represented in the media by them. A number of their go to celebs are phony or later contradict what they originally stood for . There are lots of ways you can be involved without needing to go the route of being a PETA advocate.

I wonder if his adoring Mexican fans are offended by the Meat Is Murder footage of slaughterhouse workers kicking and slamming animals around, when the majority of slaughterhouse workers in the US are Mexicans. Or are the LA fans distanced somehow from their Nebraska-based slaughterhouse-working kinsmen? Just a question since others are put-off and offended by the 6 minute video.

P.S. The more he speaks on current affairs, the more I wish to distance myself from proclaiming myself a fan. The last 10 years he has made it increasingly difficult for a rational person to defend his statements/actions.

Veganism is fine and defendable. Moz on the other hand....

Why are you even trying? Why do you feel the need to defend either his statements or his actions? "Rational people" don't feel compelled to always agree with or defend anyone else's actions if they don't agree. That's the root of your problem right there.

I wonder if his adoring Mexican fans are offended by the Meat Is Murder footage of slaughterhouse workers kicking and slamming animals around, when the majority of slaughterhouse workers in the US are Mexicans. Or are the LA fans distanced somehow from their Nebraska-based slaughterhouse-working kinsmen? Just a question since others are put-off and offended by the 6 minute video.

I don't know how all us adoring mexicans feel about our brethern in Nebraska that work in slaughterhouses. Last I checked our secret forum, the thread was dead... how do all white adoring fans feel about the white owners of said abbitoires? How do adoring white fans feel about white chefs that serve veal?
How do adoring mexicans feel about the mexicans that pick vegan veggies & fruits in the fields of California, because we all work there too right?

What an ignorant post and such an idiotic choice of words to ask a race how they feel about other members of their race...what does it matter? Sometimes, I really f***ing hate Morrissey fans

Morrissey has the right to be Morrissey. The way he is judged and scrutinized is exhausting. It really comes down to take it or leave it. I am on the take it side, as usual.

Sure it makes people think but not all veggie people care for the hypocritical things Morrissey does. Not all veggie people really want the negative image that organizations like PETA give to them. PETA is humiliating.It is like veg for celebrities.They are flakes. There are plenty of other people on this planet who choose to be meat free and don't care for the way they are represented in the media by them. A number of their go to celebs are phony or later contradict what they originally stood for . There are lots of ways you can be involved without needing to go the route of being a PETA advocate.

Ditto! Well Said!

If Morrissey could, he would suck his own nads. Did you posers also know that he drives around in buses that have leather seats and suck up fossil fuels? Nobody cares about non-cute animals or creatures either. You posers only care about the cute animals and creatures on this earth. Do you neck tattoo Pompadour haircut posers know also that bacteria are living creatures also and every time you take a shower or bath you kill them? Maybe that's why you Liberal PETA Posers stink?

Do you like being smelly? Nobody does, the smell comes from living bacteria on your skin and if you take medication for acne or any sort of medical creams or have had to take antibiotics before, your killing another one of Gods living creatures by doing ANY of these things!? GASP!

So all you Pompadour Poser PETA Hypocrites need to take note and think twice before throwing your hypocritical bias Liberal PETA crap our way! Fine having your own thoughts and opinion, but they are all flawed. Completely and utterly flawed! Oh sure, you care about all the cute animals, but not about the ugly parasite or microbial or bacterial creatures you curse everyday. If you were in survival mode you would kill and or eat in one instant any one of Gods creatures. You're just spoiled in modern society and are not starving enough. It's human nature to survive. It's human nature to eat meat. It's also human nature to be kind also. We do what we have to do. If it was between your pet parrot Polly or dog Max you would chow down in survival mode. Just like taking that shower or using medicine to get rid of that bacterial infection. ALL are Gods living creatures, even plants, all of these creatures have been proven to be living with thought and feeling. It's been proven through music.

Sorry, but you Pompadour Neck Tattoo Posers kill creatures everyday whether you like it or not, or even think about it. You really think your being kind to animals, all hippy like!? Ha! think again! All of the industrial products you buy or purchase encroaches or devastates some poor creatures habitat in one way or another. That wooden guitar, chair, medicine, plastic cups, plastic anything, box and plastic that wraps your boga burgers, glass containers, eyeglasses, toothpaste, gasoline, all other modern consumer products that you use in today's modern society.... so following this wanna be beatnik PETA Hypocrite Morrissey, with his dribbling lyrics, all of you are hypocrites.

The apartments you live in, the houses, the modern conveniences, all of these systems endanger modern specie habitats in every profound way whether you like it or not. There's no getting away from the "human factor" in everything we do. Why harass others with your flawed politics? All you posers quit your whiny dribble about what we eat before we eat you. Get a life, a different haircut, a different idol, and a job, maybe tattoo nightmares will have you on their show with that press-on neck tattoo! Good luck later in life with that poser stuff you got when you were a PETA loving liberal... ha-ha good luck with that! Global Warming is real too. Keep up the idiocracy of lies, taxes, ideas, and don't get me started how flawed all you liberals are. A Debacle Conundrum Paradox...wake up and have another one. Until your living in a tent down by the river and walking to work, I'll believe what you say, but until then....

Ditto! Well Said!

If Morrissey could, he would suck his own nads. Did you posers also know that he drives around in buses that have leather seats and suck up fossil fuels? Nobody cares about non-cute animals or creatures either. You posers only care about the cute animals and creatures on this earth. Do you neck tattoo Pompadour haircut posers know also that bacteria are living creatures also and every time you take a shower or bath you kill them? Maybe that's why you Liberal PETA Posers stink?

Do you like being smelly? Nobody does, the smell comes from living bacteria on your skin and if you take medication for acne or any sort of medical creams or have had to take antibiotics before, your killing another one of Gods living creatures by doing ANY of these things!? GASP!

So all you Pompadour Poser PETA Hypocrites need to take note and think twice before throwing your hypocritical bias Liberal PETA crap our way! Fine having your own thoughts and opinion, but they are all flawed. Completely and utterly flawed! Oh sure, you care about all the cute animals, but not about the ugly parasite or microbial or bacterial creatures you curse everyday. If you were in survival mode you would kill and or eat in one instant any one of Gods creatures. You're just spoiled in modern society and are not starving enough. It's human nature to survive. It's human nature to eat meat. It's also human nature to be kind also. We do what we have to do. If it was between your pet parrot Polly or dog Max you would chow down in survival mode. Just like taking that shower or using medicine to get rid of that bacterial infection. ALL are Gods living creatures, even plants, all of these creatures have been proven to be living with thought and feeling. It's been proven through music.

Sorry, but you Pompadour Neck Tattoo Posers kill creatures everyday whether you like it or not, or even think about it. You really think your being kind to animals, all hippy like!? Ha! think again! All of the industrial products you buy or purchase encroaches or devastates some poor creatures habitat in one way or another. That wooden guitar, chair, medicine, plastic cups, plastic anything, box and plastic that wraps your boga burgers, glass containers, eyeglasses, toothpaste, gasoline, all other modern consumer products that you use in today's modern society.... so following this wanna be beatnik PETA Hypocrite Morrissey, with his dribbling lyrics, all of you are hypocrites.

The apartments you live in, the houses, the modern conveniences, all of these systems endanger modern specie habitats in every profound way whether you like it or not. There's no getting away from the "human factor" in everything we do. Why harass others with your flawed politics? All you posers quit your whiny dribble about what we eat before we eat you. Get a life, a different haircut, a different idol, and a job, maybe tattoo nightmares will have you on their show with that press-on neck tattoo! Good luck later in life with that poser stuff you got when you were a PETA loving liberal... ha-ha good luck with that! Global Warming is real too. Keep up the idiocracy of lies, taxes, ideas, and don't get me started how flawed all you liberals are. A Debacle Conundrum Paradox...wake up and have another one. Until your living in a tent down by the river and walking to work, I'll believe what you say, but until then....

Absolutely brilliant. Post of the year.

P.

Yeah, and that rabbit overpopulation problem in Australia was caused by some a-hole introducing non-native species. Then they were murdered with chemical warfare. I read about it in The Thorn Birds.

That person ranting about the animal slaughter video is just a dumb meat-eating member of the Republican TEA party. Sad. Pathetic.

Now I don't want to see the animal slaughter video either, but I'm vegan, so there's no reason for me to watch it. Dumb meat eaters should watch it, however. If they like meat so much, they shouldn't be disturbed by how is it made. I wonder if meat eaters even know where meat comes from. If they did, they wouldn't be so shocked and horrified by seeing a video of its production. You know, the smiling 4-H girls don't like to use the world "slaughter." No, their animals are "processed."

Sorry, but this is just dead f***ing wrong. And silly. Are you seriously saying isolated incidents of animal overpopulation are more dangerous than the planet-destroying power of industrial farming? Do some research, friend.

"Agriculture, particularly meat and dairy products, accounts for 70% of global freshwater consumption, 38% of the total land use and 19% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions"...

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet

Ditto! Well Said!

but ... but ... I don't have a neck tattoo. So I should be OK, right.

Morrissey has the right to be Morrissey. The way he is judged and scrutinized is exhausting. It really comes down to take it or leave it. I am on the take it side, as usual.

He is a public figure by his own choice and has used and abused his fame to pontificate, sometimes with astonishing ignorance, on a range of issues. He is absolutely fair game. The fact he thinks he isn't makes him even more so in my book.

I loathe his public persona, and I think his opinions are often disgusting, but I will wait two weeks to discover if he has fully lost the plot lyrically. It doesn't look too promising.

What I do find interesting, and if I was Harvest I'd start to be getting mildly concerned, is there seems little early mainstream interest in the album or the latest songs. It might be an indicator of things to come that even those attending the shows don't seem to regard the new songs as a great deal more than a breather between the old songs they would rather hear instead.

Presumably the television dates have already been pencilled in. Will Kimmel forgive him?

He is a public figure by his own choice and has used and abused his fame to pontificate, sometimes with astonishing ignorance, on a range of issues. He is absolutely fair game. The fact he thinks he isn't makes him even more so in my book.

I loathe his public persona, and I think his opinions are often disgusting, but I will wait two weeks to discover if he has fully lost the plot lyrically. It doesn't look too promising.

What I do find interesting, and if I was Harvest I'd start to be getting mildly concerned, is there seems little early mainstream interest in the album or the latest songs. It might be an indicator of things to come that even those attending the shows don't seem to regard the new songs as a great deal more than a breather between the old songs they would rather hear instead.

Presumably the television dates have already been pencilled in. Will Kimmel forgive him?

When you are an artist in Morrissey's position, and you want the public to part with their money for your product, you put yourself out there, and you should expect all manner of responses, from the fawning acolyte to the hard-nosed questioner. Someone on another thread, which I cannot pinpoint at the moment, contested that Morrissey is happy when you are indeed parting with money for his product. I fear, that in the cloistered engine of income, he has become somewhat detached from his buying public, far more detached, I would aver, than at any point previously in his career. At the exact point he needs to open up, his bunker-mentality management pulls it all back, like Wile-E-Coyote ingesting a spoon of alum. His is a castellated stronghold, when it needs to be a free-range farm.

P.

Well if your not happy kindly go away , u and your wife , that won't last .

Dear Johnny , it's become clear your very lonely, and know sweet f**k all about music , and politics, your a waste of human skin : ))

Ditto! Well Said!

THIS IS FAN f***ING TASTIC........... LOVE TO YOU............... wherever you are...............

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

You must be a troll or you have no idea who Morrissey is. He has been an ardent advocate for animal rights for his entire career, and the video accompanying Meat is Murder (you probably don't even know the name of the song) has been played the past couple of tours. If you were ever a fan of Morrissey, you would know what to expect at one of his concerts

If you dearly love animals and don't want to see anything harmed in any way, then don't contribute to their torture and murder by eating meat. What you mean to say is that you like to eat meat and don't want the truth about how they are terrorized, brutalized, and violently slaughtered thrust in your face because you prefer to live in oblivious denial while you stuff your fat face with BBQ.

You posted nearly the same comments in the Memphis thread; if you are truly over Morrissey, then why do you need to keep posting here to tell us how disappointed you are; get over it and leave already!

What the f*** are "veggie people"? Is that a children's tv show or was it the movie that played on SCYFY after Sharknado?

There are numerous sites and stores that sell man-made products that look just like leather and suede. Don't make presumptions about his shoes being leather when you obviously know nothing about him, or about vegan fashion accessories.

You call Morrissey a 'dimwit'; little words are so lightlly thrown when a mental midget such as you tries to form a compound sentence. When I read your posts, I have to double check to make sure "Dude, Where's My Car" isn't playing on a distant tv somewhere in the house. Additionally, anyone who uses the word 'gag' as an exclamation should be forced to do so.. on his own dismembered listless cock. Now, I'm sure you think this is unacceptable and you are ultra mad, but no one cares!

love,
lynnda

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom