name your favourite song from ROTT and your personal top 3 - let's pre-empt the next moz-solo poll.

B

brokenddddddsdsd

My personal fave is "dear god"
in second at the moment is you have killed me
third in the future when all's well

least fave - youngest was the most loved. I just can't hear the tune. Anyone help?

I am very close to finding out who you are you scummy little man

And when i do you shall on no uncertain terms recieve a well deserved beating f***wit, i can smell your vile stench from my PC, maggot.

Re: I am very close to finding out who you are you scummy little man

i look forward to it, you stinking bear ;-)

i've changed my mind again.... i'll never be anybody's hero is sublime!

Re: name your favourite song from ROTT and your personal top 3 - let's pre-empt the next moz-solo po

1. The Youngest Was the Most Loved
2. Now I Am Born
3. Life Is A Pigsty

subject to change. personal favorites have been changing every couple of days. The only one I can't get into is The Father Who Must Be Killed.

Re: name your favourite song from ROTT and your personal top 3 - let's pre-empt the next moz-solo po

i just can't appreciate "youngest" even though i want to

please explain its appeal

> i just can't appreciate "youngest" even though i want to

> please explain its appeal

it's catchy and I like the words. the idea of the innocent, protected younger brother becoming a hardened criminal, a killer, I think it's vintage Morrissey.

i love the lyrics - i just think it's tuneless and has no structure recognisable as a "song."

> i love the lyrics - i just think it's tuneless and has no structure
> recognisable as a "song."

hence the "yaya yaya yayadeeda deda" section towards the end.

seriously, it isn't as complex as some of the other songs. I think that the simpler tunes like this hit quickly and don't take much time to be discovered so it makes a nice choice for a single. Sort of like First of the Gang To Die, it hit quickly, too and I still appreciate the lyrics but it's not a favorite anymore.

By simple I just mean that the tune only has a few notes in it and no great range. But that makes it easier for people to sing along, so again. makes a nice choice for a single. I think it will be a hit before people realize what they are singing. "There is no such thing in life as normal" I want to hear people mindlessly singing that as they shop for groceries.

again in principle i agree - but it's just not a good song

It's almost identical to the southpaw grammar flip-side tunes like "do your best." It seems to have to tune at all, and for some reason moz likes those songs

today my top 3 are.

1. On the street i ran
2. Father who must be killed (mine would be good)
3. Life is a pigsty

tremendous

1) The Father Who Must Be Killed
2) Dear God Please Help Me
3) I Will See You In Far Off Places

least fave : You have killed me.

at the moment:
1. in the future when all's well
2. the father who must be killed
3. i will see you in far-off places / life is a pigsty

least favourite: at last I am born although I have to say I liked the live version on the OKC bootleg very much

Mine would be:

1-In The Future When All's Well
2-Dear God, Please Help Me
3-Life Is A Pigsty

Least Fav: Youngest Was The Most Loved

I agree with most comments on this track
it has some interesting lyrics, but the tune is off and not hitting enough, and I am not too into the children's choir on this track...

Back
Top Bottom