Name an actor/actress you do not like

A

Anonymous

I cannot stand Benedict Cumberbatch. The man is creepy looking and his acting is over dramatic and quite vile. I get the feeling he is not a very nice guy privately and he comes across as this very spoilt brat born with a silver spoon.

There is my verdict on the actor I do not like so give me yours.

Newcomers like:
Lena Dunham
Jennifer Lawrence
Michael Fassbender...
And older actors like:
Meg Ryan
Sean Penn (an obnoxious, frightful man)
Gary Oldman
Finally, I really don't get the fascination with Julia Roberts.

(I have a longer list of actors and actresses I admire than don't.)

Last edited:
Newcomers like:
Lena Dunham
Jennifer Lawrence
Michael Fassbender...
And older actors like:
Meg Ryan
Gary Oldman
Finally, I really don't the fascination with Julia Roberts.

I agree with you on most of this, though I really do love Gary Oldman. Can't stand Julia Roberts or Meg Ryan. Lena Dunham, Jennifer Lawrence, and Michael Fassbender - along with the two I named above - equal typical Hollywood dross these days. Just my opinion.

Newcomers like:
Lena Dunham
Jennifer Lawrence
Michael Fassbender...
And older actors like:
Meg Ryan
Gary Oldman
Finally, I really don't the fascination with Julia Roberts.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one.

I cannot stand Benedict Cumberbatch. The man is creepy looking and his acting is over dramatic and quite vile. I get the feeling he is not a very nice guy privately and he comes across as this very spoilt brat born with a silver spoon.

There is my verdict on the actor I do not like so give me yours.

His Holmes can't hold a candle to Jeremy Brett's Holmes. To me, Jeremy Brett will always be the quintessential Sherlock Holmes. Just my opinion. Jeremy Brett is one of my 15 to 20 favorite actors of all-time.

Jeremy Brett.png

Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes

My choice for actress that I don't like is Meryl Streep. I have nothing against her personally, I just don't care for her acting.

Kobe, Meryl, and 50 Cent.jpg

Meryl Streep chilling with "Lake Show" legend Kobe Bryant & rap artist 50 Cent. Apparently, Meryl & 50 Cent are good friends. That's really cool but I still don't care for her acting. Here they are at a basketball game together.....

Meryl & 50 Cent.png

Nice pic! Wish I owned that Jets hat.

My choice for actor that I don't like is David Caruso.

Dumbass.jpg

A couple of years ago, Morrissey used the term "electrifyingly boring" in one of his missives, to describe something or someone. I can't remember to who or what he was referring to. I'll borrow his colorful characterization and apply it to Caruso. If the shoe fits....

Last edited by a moderator:
Newcomers like:
Lena Dunham
Jennifer Lawrence
Michael Fassbender...
And older actors like:
Meg Ryan
Gary Oldman
Finally, I really don't get the fascination with Julia Roberts.

I completely agree with your choice of the overrated Jennifer Lawrence. I still can't believe she won the Oscar for Best Actress last year. I can't even recall the name of that dreadful film she was in that garnered her the Oscar. Luckily, I've never even heard of Dunham or Fassbender. I don't dislike Julia Roberts or Gary Oldman, but if I was a casting director I'd never recruit either one of them for a project. I like Meg Ryan okay. However, I really have to defend Sean Penn. His performances in "Carlito's Way" (1993), "Dead Man Walking" (1995), and "Milk" (2008) really showcase what a terrific actor he is.

Al Pacino & Sean Penn in "Carlito's Way" (1993).

Pacino & Penn.jpg

Why isn't this someone's avatar? If you like sleaze in your motion picture lawyers, Sean Penn's "Kleinfeld" gave it to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwyneth Paltrow.
I feel like throwing apples and pears to her face but you just can't hit people with their own children. That's not fair on the kids.

Don't like Fassbender? Why the hell not? Michael Fassbender is THE MAN!

12226027504_3366e4e8e8.jpg

Gorgeous, charismatic, talented, funny. Brilliant in Hunger, Shame, and 12 Years a Slave.

Last edited:
I think we need a reminder that this thread is about why we do not like certain actors. It is not about defending those named by others. We do not know these actors in private so we judge them by their acting and general presence.

Fassbender doesn't do it for me either and I'm a girl after all :)

^^^ I bet neither of you have seen any of the three Fassbender movies I listed. He was being dismissed. I have the right to defend the man and his talent.

And to the thread officer... It is a discussion forum. Not a let's all just post our hates and congratulate each other on our ability to dislike things others like thread.

I like Tom Cruise as well.

Last edited:
In regards to Fassbender I don't like his style as an actor. Every actor has a style and not many can act in different ways and do it well. When it comes to his looks I do not fancy dark haired men and men with facial hair. If they have facial hair they should at least keep it well groomed. Then there is something with his voice that frustrates me, cannot put my finger on it.

Since Tom Cruise has been mentioned I wanna say that his acting leaves a lot to be desired. Have anyone noticed how he in so many films just starts smiling and giggling for no reason?

In "Eyes wide shut" he really made a fool of himself when he giggled and smiled in a completely wrong way. In Jack Reacher he showed of his body and it had aged in a very bad way indeed despite all the PT's and plastic surgery. He showed off his manboobs.

In regards to Fassbender I don't like his style as an actor. Every actor has a style and not many can act in different ways and do it well. When it comes to his looks I do not fancy dark haired men and men with facial hair. If they have facial hair they should at least keep it well groomed. Then there is something with his voice that frustrates me, cannot put my finger on it.

OK. Fair enough. Though in many of the films I have seen him in he has no facial hair whatsoever. If you don't fancy dark hair, you are ruling out a great majority of the male population. His voice is a little nasally... like he is trying to suppress his Irish accent. Maybe he is... so that he isn't typecast into Irish roles. I get what you mean about style. I like his style--the way he wears a good tailored suit. He is slim and toned. Great body. And his eyes twinkle when he smiles.

Since Tom Cruise has been mentioned I wanna say that his acting leaves a lot to be desired. Have anyone noticed how he in so many films just starts smiling and giggling for no reason?

In "Eyes wide shut" he really made a fool of himself when he giggled and smiled in a completely wrong way. In Jack Reacher he showed of his body and it had aged in a very bad way indeed despite all the PT's and plastic surgery. He showed off his manboobs.

I never noticed those giggle/smile idiosyncrasies. I will remember to look for them next time I see him in a film. Man boobs? Seriously? The man has a fine, toned bod for age 51. He puts men half his age to shame.

Thought he was brilliant in Vanilla Sky--in a role tailored perfectly to suit Cruise the 'mega celebrity.' Has he had plastic surgery? I know he wore braces for a while.

Back
Top Bottom