Name a song you always skip when you play an album

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
"Flugufrelsarinn" on Sigur Ros' Ágætis byrjun. It starts out okay then it drags on and on and on and on...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure my fellow Cure fans would be horrified by this, but I always skip over "Apart" when I'm listening to Wish.

Meat is Murder. Ruins an otherwise brilliant album. Liked it the first time I heard it back in the eighties. But never listen to it any longer.

Sing Your Life, because I wasn't in a position to be able to.

Can I name three? Miserable Lie, Pretty Girls Make Graves and The Hand That Rocks The Cradle.

F
I'm sure my fellow Cure fans would be horrified by this, but I always skip over "Apart" when I'm listening to Wish.

I love this song! I know it's all just opinion of course but curious what about it you don't like!

I love this song! I know it's all just opinion of course but curious what about it you don't like!

I'm not very good at explaining why I don't like things, but I guess I just think it's boring. The lyrics are lame, too, and I don't like the way Robert's voice sounds in it.

I just listened to it now (well...part of it), and it really is a lyrics/vocals thing. If it were instrumental it'd be better.

I don't like "To Wish Impossible Things," either.

I'm not very good at explaining why I don't like things, but I guess I just think it's boring. The lyrics are lame, too, and I don't like the way Robert's voice sounds in it.

I just listened to it now (well...part of it), and it really is a lyrics/vocals thing. If it were instrumental it'd be better.

I don't like "To Wish Impossible Things," either.

Fair enough. If anything this thread has made me want to listen to Wish haha

On Disintegration I always skipped the song that went "Oh I miss the {something} of treachury..." with the stupid little troll voices in the background. I think it might be the last track? It's one of those on and on and on songs, but not in a good way like I Know It's Over.

On Disintegration I always skipped the song that went "Oh I miss the {something} of treachury..." with the stupid little troll voices in the background. I think it might be the last track? It's one of those on and on and on songs, but not in a good way like I Know It's Over.

That's the title track, and it's one of the best f***ing songs ever in the history of music, hahahaha. (I miss the kiss of treachery, the shameless kiss of vanity, the soft and the black and the velvety up tight against the side of me...)

I've never heard any troll voices, though. :paranoid:

Slightly embarrassing confession: I wrote an essay for English class about the lyrics to that song when I was a freshman in high school. :lbf:

I skipped almost the whole of Wish and everything after it, I couldn't really get into anything after Disintegration.

Suffragette City, yes it's a great song but I hammered this so much when I was young that I spent years skipping it. Tainted Love for the same reason.

The Bullfighter Dies, Billy Budd and That's How People Grow Up are also on perma-skip.

That's the title track, and it's one of the best f***ing songs ever in the history of music, hahahaha. (I miss the kiss of treachery, the shameless kiss of vanity, the soft and the black and the velvety up tight against the side of me...)

I've never heard any troll voices, though. :paranoid:

Slightly embarrassing confession: I wrote an essay for English class about the lyrics to that song when I was a freshman in high school. :lbf:

That’s my all time favorite Cure song. EPIC doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Back
Top Bottom