Name a song that plays and you think "Damn that's a beautiful song"

I never heard this tune before hearing the Pumpkins playing it :blushing:

Then I saw this in person and was all :tears:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah, and this one. Beautifully depressing

Oh goodness, "I Know It's Gonna Happen Some Day" for sure. Nearly brought me to tears the first time I heard it!
By the way, this is my first post, hi.

"I Can't Tell You Why" by The Eagles (1979)

I love Timothy B. Schmit's beautiful lead vocal on this song. He co-wrote the song with Glenn Frey & Don Henley. The music is beautiful as well, although the song goes on a tad bit too long. Before joining The Eagles he sang many songs for the band Poco. "Here We Go Again"(1973) is my favorite song that Timothy did with Poco. He wrote all the music & lyrics for the song and of course gave the lead vocal performance. He also played bass guitar on the track. I don't think that "Here We Go Again"(1973) is entirely a beautiful song musically. However, the quieter parts are very beautiful. And Timothy B. Schmit's vocals are beautiful throughout the song, especially in those same quiet parts.

Timothy B. Schmit.jpg
Timothy B. Schmit

-actual recording of the song in the studio (1979.)

"I Can't Tell You Why" by The Eagles (1979)

I love Timothy B. Schmit's beautiful lead vocal on this song. He co-wrote the song with Glenn Frey & Don Henley. The music is beautiful as well, although the song goes on a tad bit too long. Before joining The Eagles he sang many songs for the band Poco. "Here We Go Again"(1973) is my favorite song that Timothy did with Poco. He wrote all the music & lyrics for the song and of course gave the lead vocal performance. He also played bass guitar on the track. I don't think that "Here We Go Again"(1973) is entirely a beautiful song musically. However, the quieter parts are very beautiful. And Timothy B. Schmit's vocals are beautiful throughout the song, especially in those same quiet parts.

View attachment 15622
Timothy B. Schmit
Good call.....I'll vote for "Take It To The Limit"

Good call.....I'll vote for "Take It To The Limit"

Thanks, "Take It To The Limit"is another good choice. Bassist Randy Meisner sang lead vocals on this song and he did a great job. It was the one and only "single" (of The Eagles) that Randy would sing lead vocals. It's interesting that it was the pressure and stress of singing this song live in concert that caused Randy to leave The Eagles. He was frightened that he couldn't keep hitting the high notes at the end of the song night after night. In actuality he was hitting the high notes every night, but he was paranoid the time was coming soon where he couldn't. One night before a concert he told Glenn Frey that he couldn't do the song anymore. Glenn Frey told Randy, "Do you think I like singing "Take It Easy"and "Peaceful, Easy Feeling" every night? I'm sick of those songs. But Randy, a lot of these people have been waiting years to see you sing "Take It To The Limit." Do you understand that?" Once again Randy Meisner told Frey he was done doing the song and the two got in a pushing and shoving match. Bandmembers broke them up and Frey said, "Okay Randy, f*** it." Randy did a few more shows with The Eagles and then left the band. The year was 1977. He never returned.

Randy Meisner..jpg
Randy Meisner

Weezer - Across the Sea

That's a great choice! It is a beautiful song. The story of Rivers Cuomo's inspiration for the song can be found at Wikipedia. Just type in "Weezer Across The Sea." It's a good story. I'd paraphrase it but I don't have time.

"Across the Sea" by Weezer. Live in Japan.

That's a great choice! It is a beautiful song. The story of Rivers Cuomo's inspiration for the song can be found at Wikipedia. Just type in "Weezer Across The Sea." It's a good story. I'd paraphrase it but I don't have time.

Awww. It's about a depressed fan that touched his heartstrings in a letter. :sweet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Across_the_Sea

I was just talking about Rivers Cuomo. He is FANTASTIC live, just puts on an amazing, positive show. Love that guy.

Re: Name a song that plays and you think "Damn that's a beautiful song"

Thanks, "Take It To The Limit"is another good choice. Bassist Randy Meisner sang lead vocals on this song and he did a great job. It was the one and only "single" (of The Eagles) that Randy would sing lead vocals. It's interesting that it was the pressure and stress of singing this song live in concert that caused Randy to leave The Eagles. He was frightened that he couldn't keep hitting the high notes at the end of the song night after night. In actuality he was hitting the high notes every night, but he was paranoid the time was coming soon where he couldn't. One night before a concert he told Glenn Frey that he couldn't do the song anymore. Glenn Frey told Randy, "Do you think I like singing "Take It Easy"and "Peaceful, Easy Feeling" every night? I'm sick of those songs. But Randy, a lot of these people have been waiting years to see you sing "Take It To The Limit." Do you understand that?" Once again Randy Meisner told Frey he was done doing the song and the two got in a pushing and shoving match. Bandmembers broke them up and Frey said, "Okay Randy, f*** it." Randy did a few more shows with The Eagles and then left the band. The year was 1977. He never returned.

View attachment 15631
Randy Meisner
JP, if you have Showtime, watch the Eagles documentary.....they discuss this exact thing. I think there were some other factor to Randy leaving but this surely played into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great song. Painful as all hell to listen to.

Love the Mats. Kinda painful to listen to them now.....mindset is different then it was when I was younger.

- - - Updated - - -

Great choice. A live version of this came up on shuffle while I was driving tonight......such a good song!

Re: Name a song that plays and you think "Damn that's a beautiful song"

"Across the Sea" is the fifth song from Weezer's second album, Pinkerton. Singer/songwriter Rivers Cuomo wrote "Across the Sea" after receiving a letter from a Japanese girl during a depressing winter at Harvard University. Cuomo remarked, "When I got the letter, I fell in love with her. It was such a great letter. I was very lonely at the time, but at the same time I was very depressed that I would never meet her. Even if I did see her, she was probably some fourteen-year-old girl, who didn't speak English." When asked in 2006 about the girl, he commented that "I don't know anything about her and I've never contacted her." The lyrics also make mention of Cuomo's adolescent consideration of becoming a monk to win the favor of older women, as well as the idea that his mother is responsible for his romantic shortcomings.

Back
Top Bottom