Name a song that plays and you think "Damn that's a beautiful song"

"Angel in My Heart" by Mick Jagger

Music, vocals, & lyrics by Mick Jagger. I love every second of this Beautiful song.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Pretty Ballerina" by The Left Banke

Gorgeous.

"Different Worlds" by Vandenburg
"Come On, Let's Go" by Broadcast
"Hand That Rocks The Cradle" by The Smiths

Wild Horses - The Sundays

Flowers in December - Mazzy Star

Promenade - U2

The End of The World - Rob Dickinson

Well I Wonder - The Smiths

Summer, Highland Falls - Billy Joel

Perfect Blue Buildings - Counting Crows

Stockton Gala Days - 10,000 Maniacs

Creep - Radiohead

Alternative - The Opposition

View From A Hill - The Chameleons

Run - George Strait

Smoke And Ashes - Tracy Chapman

Glitter In The Air - Pink

Scarborough Fair - Simon and Garfunkel

Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler

Leather and Lace - Stevie Nicks

Nothing Song - Sigur Ros

ETC ETC

Last edited:

Someone one one You Tube made this video for "Come Back To Camden" using footage from the movie "Wilde" Very good and I think it nails it spot-on.

This is just gorgeous, with its Johnny Marr-like melodies.

This is just gorgeous, with its Johnny Marr-like melodies.

Wow, what a special song! I'd never heard it before. You guys are right, it's gorgeous. I went and bought it right away:).

"Something That Remains" by Calm of Zero
"Djinn" by Echobelly

I'm biased, I've been an Echobelly fan since '95 when I first heard their music. Echobelly made five albums from 1994-2004. In the past year Sonya Aurora Madan (vocalist & lyricist) and Glenn Johannson (songwriter & lead guitarist) formed Calm of Zero. It's just the two of them now and their songs are simpler but every bit as beautiful. I have so many favorite vocalists, Skye Edwards, Daisy Martey, Morrissey, Kirsty MacColl, Cindy Wilson (of The B-52's), Elton John, Kristin Hersh (with her own style), Kathy Sledge ( of Sister Sledge), and a few others. However, if I could only pick one person as my favorite vocalist, I would pick Sonya. I would definitely pick Sonya.

Sonya & Glenn!.jpg

"Djinn"by Echobelly

"Something That Remains" by Calm of Zero
"Djinn" by Echobelly

I'm biased, I've been an Echobelly fan since '95 when I first heard their music. Echobelly made five albums from 1994-2004. In the past year Sonya Aurora Madan (vocalist & lyricist) and Glenn Johannson (songwriter & lead guitarist) formed Calm of Zero. It's just the two of them now and their songs are simpler but every bit as beautiful. I have so many favorite vocalists, Skye Edwards, Daisy Martey, Morrissey, Kirsty MacColl, Elton John, Kristin Hersh (with her own style), Kathy Sledge ( of Sister Sledge), and a few others. However, if I could only pick one person as my favorite vocalist, I would pick Sonya. I would definitely pick Sonya.

This is my favourite song of hers.

(wrong title on youtube, it's actually 'call me names')

This is my favourite song of hers.

(wrong title on youtube, it's actually 'call me names')

I like that song a lot too. And the lyrics are great. She's like Morrissey in the fact that her words carry a lot of weight. I think Sonya's lyrics are a little simpler than Morrissey's but they both write with all of their heart and soul.

I always adored this

Another beautiful song! I've only heard of The Sundays but hadn't really heard any of their songs before. There are so many songs people have listed on this thread that I want to check out. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can check them all out.

Another beautiful song! I've only heard of The Sundays but hadn't really heard any of their songs before. There are so many songs people have listed on this thread that I want to check out. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can check them all out.

It's worth buying their first album, most of it is great :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom