Mysterious mustachioed man in photos

Just wondering why this thread was moved to the "Off-Topic" section ?

I don't know why it was moved either, I just moved it back to General Discussion. Regardless if it is gossip or not, I agree the topic of discussion belongs in general discussion.

I don't know why it was moved either, I just moved it back to General Discussion. Regardless if it is gossip or not, I agree the topic of discussion belongs in general discussion.

Thanks for the quick-sticks reply and adjustment, Davidt. It was all beginning to feel faintly Kafka-esque...

Now, I just had a rapid glance through Google but couldn't see any reference to the band Stan was mentioning. Should my spider-sense be tingling ?

I don't think it should 123xyz :D They're just starting up and it was just a first gig at a small place.

I just tried to google too. It's a bit tricky to google (maybe I'm just very bad at googling) because silly notes is part of a Morrissey song's lyrics.

Last edited:

While on the topic of moving stuff, I thought it was odd to move the topic of the CURRENT state of Morrissey's finger to a thread 8 months old the title of which said Morrissey's finger was still broken. It made it look like Morrissey just announced again on TTY that his finger was still broken, and half the thread was troll bullshit anyway.

While on the topic of moving stuff, I thought it was odd to move the topic of the CURRENT state of Morrissey's finger to a thread 8 months old the title of which said Morrissey's finger was still broken. It made it look like Morrissey just announced again on TTY that his finger was still broken, and half the thread was troll bullshit anyway.

Moderation is an imprecise skill. Perhaps the state of Morrissey's finger does deserve two threads, who really is to say?

Moderation is an imprecise skill. Perhaps the state of Morrissey's finger does deserve two threads, who really is to say?

Well it's not that it deserves two threads, but putting it in a thread that announces something old is like displaying a new book in the bargain bin becasue they share a same word in the title.

I appreciate all you guys do, just griping.

I agree with this, it also confused me. :)
But you're generally doing good jobs.

Well it's not that it deserves two threads, but putting it in a thread that announces something old is like displaying a new book in the bargain bin becasue they share a same word in the title.

I appreciate all you guys do, just griping.

Can someone teach me to google better? :) (I'm serious, I need to get better.).

I messed up my previous psts a bit because I had been logged out while typing.
And so I forgot to re-mention that I'd already heard about the Chris bloke last summer, when I had a drink with a Dutch fan and talked about Scandinavia (Morrissey had just played it for the first time in Aarhus, Denmark).

This is very intriguing. Is the band Danish/popular in Denmark?

I'm just interested that there is a Danish band that Morrissey likes!

Re: The Silly Notes

This is very intriguing. Is the band Danish/popular in Denmark?

I'm just interested that there is a Danish band that Morrissey likes!

I'm not convinced because if you search The Silly Notes, Danish band etc irrelevant stuff is shown (including Morrissey's Suedehead lyrics).

It could be a self-promotion of a wannabe who came up with an idea to associate with Morrissey.

If they are a burgeoning band and the lead singer is Morrissey's partner I wonder if he asked them to be the support act on this current tour? He has always been one to champion small, up and coming bands.

It would have killed two birds with one stone; getting to see parts of the world and be on tour together while also getting publicity for his partner's band.

It could be anything Kewpie of course, as I said it's only my words. I also just get that kinda of things (silly notes in gypsy clothes etc.).
But IMO it would be pointles selfpromotion, if it's so dificult to find any info about the band?

lnathan - no, I've never heard of them before, but they're new apparantly. I'm Danish too.
Only the singer is Danish, so I guess it's a dutch/danish band?

Yes, this is why I believe it. That would be very Morrissey.
And smart too for both of them.
Isn't KY doing the support in Japan etc. too, though? Maybe we'll have to wait until then and see.

If they are a burgeoning band and the lead singer is Morrissey's partner I wonder if he asked them to be the support act on this current tour? He has always been one to champion small, up and coming bands.

It would have killed two birds with one stone; getting to see parts of the world and be on tour together while also getting publicity for his partner's band.

Wait a minute. So someone who knows someone who knows someone says Morrissey has a Danish boyfriend, and within 2 pages of "discussion" on a web forum it has become fact? :lbf: I can't believe anybody takes gossip like this seriously for two seconds.

Wait a minute. So someone who knows someone who knows someone says Morrissey has a Danish boyfriend, and within 2 pages of "discussion" on a web forum it has become fact? :lbf: I can't believe anybody takes gossip like this seriously for two seconds.

I will not be pleased until it is confirmed that this Danish mystery lover Chris's last name is Talgeezer. :p

I just asked my friend and she told me this: The singer of The Silly Notes is called Chris and is a very charismatic, sweet darkhaired guy. He was wearing a black Morrissey tee shirt (I think it was the "Je suis M" one). Morrissey was sitting in the back, smiling and sometimes gigling, but focused on the show and went backstage after it was done.".
I guess someone is quite confused. There's an Italian band (oilband.it) with such a singer and they have a song titled "Silly Notes", but his name is not Chris and he's not Danish either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugLawK1AkmM

I don't know that anyone's suggesting "The Dane" rumour is now fact. Stan himself said (I'm paraphrasing) he wouldn't blame anyone for not relying solely on just his own say-so and , from what I can see , no one has. The attempts by Kewpie, alabamy, etc., to dig up evidence via Google and the general tone of head-scratching surely demonstrate this.

As for the neatly dismissive "... within 2 pages of 'discussion' on a web forum..." , how does asking questions , doing a bit of research, wondering aloud and having a giggle here and there fail to meet whatever criteria there are for the term "discussion" ?

Apologies for the shirty tone ...

Last edited:

Does this mean Morrissey is gay?

This thread seems to be making people jealous

(and he may have just been walking past that shop, of course)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom