Myrtle Beach gig

I think you must be clinically dead if hearing HSIN live bores you. I dont want to pick a fight or anything, I've seen it myself many many times but it never fails to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up... :guitar:

I agree. :thumb:

I danced my arse off.

HSIN is great live but thats not the point. If he only had 30 songs to choose from then fair enough but HSIN, FOTGTD, IBEH have been done to death in the last god knows how many tours. FOTG and IB have been almost permanent members of the setlist since 2002!

The other song choices are odd too - Crashing bores and How can anyone possibly know how I feel? Sister Im a poet (on last years set), Ask (On last years set)

The other song choices are odd too - Crashing bores and How can anyone possibly know how I feel? Sister Im a poet (on last years set), Ask (On last years set)

i hear that. i've never cared for how can anybody possibly know how i feel at all. least favorite track on quarry with all the lazy dykes.

I agree. :thumb:

I danced my arse off.

me, too! and considering you hadn't had sleep in more than 24 hours by the time he was onstage, you remembered quite a bit.

I'm still nursing the clawmarks from you and the girl to my right when he first came onstage. :)

I weighed in on a different link where they were bitching about him canceling. I feel sorry for anyone who missed, but like you said, it was obvious he had been sick.

And regardless of what people are saying, I do believe a good time was had by all. Honestly, even if he'd managed to be onstage for 10 hours and play his entire song history, would any of us TRULY be satisfied?:ha-no:

I feel it should be said that Red Cortez were awesome, one of the best support bands I've seen on a Moz tour. They were a true pleasure to watch.

Morrissey sounded so good early on. Voice strong, hitting all the notes. Then about 6-8 songs in it started to fade a bit. By Crashing Bores I knew something was up.

As for things he said:

"Nothing could be finer" was the opening shot. (from the saying Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina)

"Reports of my death are unfortunetly untrue" (after 1st song)

He thanked Americans for YOR doing so well thus far and gave out an LP of it to a fan in the front

He asked how we liked our new President

He complained about the sound, I believe he thought the monitors were too loud

He inexplicetdly sang Happy Birthday at one point, not sure why.

Other than that, he was rather quiet and unchatty. Didnt even introduce the band,

All in all, I'm glad I saw the show. 16 songs/65 minutes was about the norm for a Moz show (perhaps even generous) up until 2004. Sucks being in Atlanta with nothing to do, though.

Didn't he also say "This year I turn 40" at one point? Perhaps that explains Happy Birthday...

me, too! and considering you hadn't had sleep in more than 24 hours by the time he was onstage, you remembered quite a bit.

I'm still nursing the clawmarks from you and the girl to my right when he first came onstage. :)

I weighed in on a different link where they were bitching about him canceling. I feel sorry for anyone who missed, but like you said, it was obvious he had been sick.

And regardless of what people are saying, I do believe a good time was had by all. Honestly, even if he'd managed to be onstage for 10 hours and play his entire song history, would any of us TRULY be satisfied?:ha-no:

Apparently, he only cut three songs off the set list, so we didn't miss too much. I just hope he feels better soon.

additional quotes from the show posted by Sumonessweetie on the main board:

-never said sister during poet...just
"brother" and missed the line "plastic bag stranded at the light"...
-before payroll said- "we all have filthy pasts"
-asked "do you like your new president?...good!"

-reports of my death are obviously untrue...sadly (was mentioned before by other poster)

also...jesse tobias crunched and screeched his guitar through charming man and most of the other songs. Moz made an obnoxious face and put his hands up to mock "push" him away when walking back on stage...weird...

Boz did not smile...bad sign...Solomon was the most energetic...I am still creeped out by the keyboard guy...like 7 feet tall and bearded...

No machine gun guitar...no irish blood...which was just fine with me.

the t shirt guy looked like a fat crazed hairier john malkovich and could hardly converse...

it was announced that the bar would stay open an hour beyond the show and 50% off alcohol was the feature for that hour...bizarre and pathetic

mel:
The evening's show began promisingly with Morrissey striding onto stage with the autographed YOR album cover and some misc. bits of paper. He set them down in front of the kick drum. One of the pieces was a card that looked to be about B5 with the words: THERE WILL BE BLOOD.
(.................)

EDIT
Lyric changes;
"English is a language can't your read?,
English is a language can anybody read?"

"...of a shyness that is cripalling and vulgar"

re. that he insert brother instead of sister he did quite often before ..didnt he.,..at, least to the concerts I went to....

Last edited:
What are the chances of the setlist having changed majorly by the time Mozzer hits the UK? I can't be the only one who feels slightly uninspired by the bulk of last tour's songs being played again (even taking into account the songs that were skipped). Where is the cream of Vauxhall & I, of Maladjusted, of Viva Hate? Even just Birthday for kicks? Thoughts anyone?

EDIT: I apologise for making two very samey posts in two different threads. Still, I would like to know how others feel

Last edited:
What are the chances of the setlist having changed majorly by the time Mozzer hits the UK? I can't be the only one who feels slightly uninspired by the bulk of last tour's songs being played again (even taking into account the songs that were skipped). Where is the cream of Vauxhall & I, of Maladjusted, of Viva Hate? Even just Birthday for kicks? Thoughts anyone?

EDIT: I apologise for making two very samey posts in two different threads. Still, I would like to know how others feel

i agree. i was so excited and thought the set list was going to be really diverse and awesome after he started playing best friend and this charming man but no......it's a huge disappointment.

What a shite setlist! How many more times is he going to play Pigsty and How Soon Is Now? Never mind the likes of Ask and Sister.... which as others have pointed out were in the setlist last year. So many great songs to choose from and he plays so many of the same ones year in year out. I've never criticised the set list before but this is really disappointing.:(

What a shite setlist! How many more times is he going to play Pigsty and How Soon Is Now? Never mind the likes of Ask and Sister.... which as others have pointed out were in the setlist last year. So many great songs to choose from and he plays so many of the same ones year in year out. I've never criticised the set list before but this is really disappointing.:(

When you are there watching it, with Moz and crew right in front of you, obviously, its great. But in hindsight, aside from the shortened show, the lack of goodbye, Moz's general bad mood and deteriorating voice, and the subsequent fear (and realization) of Atlanta's cancellation, opening night of the tour already felt a bit been-there-done-that. Which is strange b/c it had 5 songs I've never personally seen done live before (black cloud, this charming, best friend, ask, I keep mine hidden.) Usually that would be an AWESOME night!

Maybe its because so many of the "new songs" already feel old. I'm all for previewing a new song or two from a forthcoming album, but over half??? Seems a bit overkill. Additionally, it seems like Birthday and Carol aren't even planned for the live shows yet, which is a shame.

All You Need is me, First of the Gang, Crashing Bores, How Soon Is Now, Pigsty... it all seems so 2004-2007, even though each of them is a great song (well, OK, I've never been a huge Crashing Bores guy)

I will say that I'll never, ever tire of Sister I'm a Poet so I encourage Moz to play that every night forever.

Regardless, the main issue is Morrissey's health and I truly wish him a speedy recovery. I know he loves to play live so for his sake, and of course the audience, lets wish him well.

I've only got Boston (45 minutes away from me) planned at this point. I was considering selling my soul for a Bowery ticket on StubHub prior last weekend's partially doomed trip, but I think I'll pass on that at this juncture - doesn't seem like a wise purchase at this moment. Hopefully he'll be well and tour will crank up and everyone will be happy as March rolls on. Maybe I'll look into a show or two in April, if I can find a little wiggle room in the budget.

Sharonanigans and I met up with Mr. Springheeled and his friend early in the day and waited in the line together. They were the only people that we met from the boards. We didn't scare them off so I guess we behaved ourselves. :D

I did behave myself...what's WRONG with me? If they'd only gone to IHOP with us...

Does anyone have a jpeg of the backdrop???

Here's a couple

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

Tags
moz = <3 seasick
Back
Top Bottom